PDA

View Full Version : Best of's:

TinkerbellT421
03-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Okay, hope you guys don't mind, but I compiled the current list of every episodes "Best Of's". And knowing you are always looking for suggestions, and I know for me, I don't always remember all the Best Of's so it's hard to look at each episode every time I get an idea to see if it was done or not. But I figured I would compile a list of all the current Best Of's and those of us that are not on Twitter or Facebook to offer suggestions, figured we could add them here. Hope that's okay.

1) Couldn't find a best of in the show notes
2) Restaurants
3) EPCOT Pavilion & What in Disney would you replace
4) Restrooms & Best Way to Unwind
5) Counter Service location
6) Extinct Attractions
7) 2011 Predictions
8) When to take the kiddies/Take them out of school & Shopping
9) Favorite Disney Memory & Best of the Disney Dream
10) Favorite Memory from Traveling to Walt Disney World
11) Disney Smells
12) Photo Place
13) Ride you didn't like but like now along with a Best Beer
14) Transportation
15) Dark Ride
16) Cool Off Spot
17) Desserts
18) Entertainment
19) Disneyland
20) Souvenirs, What You're Retiree Job in Disney would be
21) Area Music
22) Refurbs
23) Attraction w/ little to no line
24) Place to People Watch
25) Cast Member Costume
26) Holidays
27) Bar/Lounge/Hangout
28) Hidden Mickeys
29) Parades
30) Ride Vehicle
31) Ride MusicEp.
32) Resort Theme
33) Special Effects
34) Section of a Park at Night
35) Ride Experience that didn't go as planned
36) Rides our Family or Friends think we're crazy for loving
37) Signage
38) Resort Pool
39) Best Breakfast
40) Thing you want to do you'd need special permission for
41) Attraction Narrator
42) ICOT 15
43) Wasted Space
44) Attraction you were most looking forward to opening/did it live up to hype?
45) Disney moment in 2012
46) Place to Have a Meal at a Great Price
47) Lost forever :(
48) Resort Lobby
49) Disney Movie
50) Memorable INTERCOT moment

TinkerbellT421
03-27-2012, 01:27 PM
My latest suggestion that made me think of compiling the list was thinking about your favorite resort theme. Couldn't see that was ever done and I know resort theming is usually a common question around here.

PirateLover
04-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Thanks for making this list! Can't believe you've never done favorite show (unless that was the first one).

Melanie
04-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Thanks for making this list! Can't believe you've never done favorite show (unless that was the first one).

I think maybe we included that in Entertainment? Maybe? Not sure.

Thank you so much for making this list Tonya. Greatly appreciated, and I or whoever can edit in the new one each episode so we have this running list. Huge help!!! :notworth: :thumbsup:

Oh, and I had made a list at one point as well, and also couldn't figure one out for the first episode. Maybe we didn't do one.

brownie
04-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Here's some a couple more suggestions:

Best of what John hasn't seen.
Best of Ian's castle stay.

zipadeedoodah
04-09-2012, 09:15 AM
I'm a little lost...sorry. What episodes are we talking about? Is this a podcast?

TinkerbellT421
04-09-2012, 09:31 AM
I think maybe we included that in Entertainment? Maybe? Not sure.

Thank you so much for making this list Tonya. Greatly appreciated, and I or whoever can edit in the new one each episode so we have this running list. Huge help!!! :notworth: :thumbsup:

Oh, and I had made a list at one point as well, and also couldn't figure one out for the first episode. Maybe we didn't do one.
Hehe no problem, glad I could help :) Currently I am relistening to each episode in case there were any discussions that constituted as Best Of's but just not written in the show notes. I have a running list I will type here once complete and then an admin can edit any corrections or addition :)

TinkerbellT421
04-09-2012, 09:33 AM
I'm a little lost...sorry. What episodes are we talking about? Is this a podcast?

John, Mel, Gary, Ian, Carol, etc always do a Best Of discussion at the end of each podcast. They are always looking for ideas and suggestions for future shows. So if you have any ideas of what you would like on the show post them :)

TinkerbellT421
04-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Here's some a couple more suggestions:

Best of what John hasn't seen.
Best of Ian's castle stay.

:beat::bang::laughing:

DisneyKim22
04-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Wow! There have been so many already!! How about a Best Of the "Best Of's". :blush:

TinkerbellT421
04-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Ok, after re listening to the podcasts (I have made it up to 14 so far lol) here an update of some Best Of's and general discussions that were talked about but not listed in the show notes for my original posted list: :blush:

Ep. 2: During the discussion of Best Of Restaurants, you guys mentioned you wanted to do a Best of "Extinct Foods/Beverages" in a future show.
Ep. 3: What in Disney would you replace.
Ep. 4: Best way to Unwind.
Ep. 8: You did a Best Of's for Shopping along with a Best Of "Time to take the Kids"
Ep 9: John and Ian did a "Best of the Disney Dream" along with the Best Of Disney Memories
Ep 13: Best of "Ride you didn't like but like now" along with a Best Of for Best Beer. It was mentioned by Ian (I think) that it would be a good topic in a future show to do the opposite, a ride you used to like but hate now lol

finaldynasty
04-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Ok, after re listening to the podcasts (I have made it up to 14 so far lol) here an update of some Best Of's and general discussions that were talked about but not listed in the show notes for my original posted list: :blush:

Ep. 2: During the discussion of Best Of Restaurants, you guys mentioned you wanted to do a Best of "Extinct Foods/Beverages" in a future show.
Ep. 3: What in Disney would you replace.
Ep. 4: Best way to Unwind.
Ep. 8: You did a Best Of's for Shopping along with a Best Of "Time to take the Kids"
Ep 9: John and Ian did a "Best of the Disney Dream" along with the Best Of Disney Memories
Ep 13: Best of "Ride you didn't like but like now" along with a Best Of for Best Beer. It was mentioned by Ian (I think) that it would be a good topic in a future show to do the opposite, a ride you used to like but hate now lol

Any of these would be awesome...

TinkerbellT421
04-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Add's to make by a Mod:

Ep. 32: Best Resort Theme

Also, don't forget to add additional best of's I listed a couple posts up that were done during past podcasts after re-listening

An update on additional best of's:
Ep. 15: Along with Best of Dark Ride. You guys did a Favorite Fantasy Land Ride and Favorite "extra's" around the World, i.e. Keys to the world tours, etc.

bleukarma
04-26-2012, 04:50 PM
How about a best of:
-Things to do at WDW that isn't at a park

-Breakfast's at WDW

-Cast member interactions

Quadstriker
04-29-2012, 11:47 PM
How about best of - Character Actor

No, not "list your favorite Disney Character"

The idea is to identify the best performer you have seen who best exemplifies and embodies the character they are portraying in the parks.

(Yes I realize more than one person plays a character, but perhaps some recognition of a certain performer who did something special, or always seems to be a standout.)

TiggeRia
04-30-2012, 11:15 PM
How about resort pool? Maybe that's part of the resort theme, though. Haven't listened to the latest podcast yet.

disneykidsince1970
05-10-2012, 07:36 AM
hhmm....best of...

Disney memory?

Ian
05-11-2012, 07:56 AM
hhmm....best of...

Disney memory?We did that in episode 10.

Which gives you a good reason to go back and download that one and check it out! :D

ryca1dreams
05-11-2012, 01:16 PM
I like the "best of" lists. Here are some more ideas:

best attraction queue
best level of detail in an attraction
best "what goes on at WDW, stays at WDW"
best spot to get a blast of A/C
best remaining relic from WDW past
best section of a park at night

finaldynasty
05-13-2012, 08:14 PM
I like all the other recommendations...I would add...best land at WDW, Best Thrill Ride, or Best WS Show

I must thank you because after your thoughts about the Fantasy cruise it motivated my wife to book a cruise for next summer. It looks like we might cancel our X-mas trip, but it will give us more magic next summer with a little land and sea Disney!

Can't wait for the next podcast!

:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
05-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Okay, quick update. Mods, please add "What You're Retiree Job in Disney would be" during Ep. 20. :mickey:

Gary's Column
05-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Best place to sit and drink a beer in the World Showcase.

PopPhan
06-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Call me silly, but I just got a thought (and it got really lonely, really quickly!) about a "best of" segment and a title for ep. 42 of the podcast -----

"Best of: Questions regarding WDW/Disney/Disney Parks in General"

Title for Ep. 42: "The Ultimate Questions....."

(Don't know why, but I've got "Hitchhikers Guide" stuck in my head this morning....)

DisneyDINK
07-18-2012, 10:27 AM
I am planning a trip in December and I'm a bit bummed the CG will be closed for a lengthy refurb. I know it is a good thing in the long run, but I'll miss it on my February trip.

Along those lines, I thought a good podcast "Best ot..." topic would be: What attraction/restaurant closure would make you change your travel dates? Is there one thing at WDW that would be a deal breaker?

TinkerbellT421
09-19-2012, 08:52 AM
Don't forget to update with Ep. 39 :mickey:

disneykidsince1970
09-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Since this subject is very currently on my mind...

Best Thing you want to do at Disney that you would need "special permission for" like...

Go to top of Spaceship Earth and peek out the top

Be at Takeoff or Landing when Tink flies

Private Tour of Haunted Mansion behind the scenes

Be a character for a day/half-day!

Ride at the front of the monorail... :(

See what they do to prep for wishes each day

Ride on a parade float in costume

what else...??

Quadstriker
09-26-2012, 04:50 PM
New idea:

Best of things to do when it rains

mickeyman42
10-04-2012, 08:37 AM
I have a "best of" suggestion: favorite rare character siting/meet, so basically a rare character that you saw/meet at any point in your life that you enjoyed for whatever reason

mickeyman42
10-04-2012, 08:50 AM
some other "best of"'s that I just thought of:

favorite snack, not necessarily in the DDP sense, just a snack, not a dessert (that you would get from a table service restaurant after a meal), but a between meals snack.

favorite restaurant you expected to hate but didn't

the restaurant you feel is most overrated/underrated

favorite ride preshow/holding area

favorite cast member experience

favorite animatronic that no longer works, hehehe

wildernesslady
10-04-2012, 04:57 PM
How about your ahha moment? When you realize you are at the World.

IamBelle
10-05-2012, 08:34 AM
I have an idea for a new Best Of:
Best Of Celebrity Cameo in an attraction
For example my favorite is Kramer ( I can't think of his real name) as the caveman who discovers fire in Ellen's Energy Adventure!!

TinkerbellT421
10-05-2012, 11:07 AM
I have an idea for a new Best Of:
Best Of Celebrity Cameo in an attraction
For example my favorite is Kramer ( I can't think of his real name) as the caveman who discovers fire in Ellen's Energy Adventure!!

I suggested this same exact one of the last podcast thread lol

Moving over the suggestions from the last podcast thread so the mods don't go crazy going back and forth:

Okay here's some of my best of ideas after much thinking and double checking the list!

Best of ideas:
1) soundtrack (specific attraction, movie, park, etc)
2) celebrity cameo (ie, Ellen in universe of energy! I know bad example I didn't want to give away a good one though!)
3) special secrets (ie, the key under the mat in muppets)
4) world showcase country*(I can't remember if that was covered under the episode about best Epcot pavilion though?)
5) best of rumors (favorite rumor you ever heard about Disney)
6) non-animated movie
7) money saving tips
8) character
9) cast member experience*
10) snacks

iDisney
10-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Here are a couple of suggestions:

Best of: The Worst. What are your worst attractions/shows/restaurants/etc. (Probably best to choose one lol)

Best of: In-Queue Entertainment. Which attraction/show has the queue that best keeps you entertained while waiting?

Best of: The Worst Queues. Which queue is the worst to have to wait in a long line in?

Best of: Ways to Break the Bank. What is the best thing to splurge on that could potentially drain your wallet?

Best of: Wastes of Space. What is lingering around the parks that you think should be replaced with something new?

SBETigg
10-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Best of: resorts due for a redesign and how you could change it. It doesn't have to be actually due for refurb. For example, my choice would be the brand new AoA.

DisneyRPh
10-08-2012, 05:50 PM
I like the worst of ideas up there...and the money saving tip ones. I would like to suggest best park attraction/land/ect that didn't happen...something like Beastly Kindgom or Westcot.

Jim&AngieMarriner
11-19-2012, 10:02 AM
In the Spirit of Thanksgiving this week (for us Americans) and the coming Chiristmas and Huanuka Holidays.....

Best place on property for a proper Holiday meal.

MelissaW
11-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Since this subject is very currently on my mind...

Best Thing you want to do at Disney that you would need "special permission for" like...

Go to top of Spaceship Earth and peek out the top

Be at Takeoff or Landing when Tink flies

Private Tour of Haunted Mansion behind the scenes

Be a character for a day/half-day!

Ride at the front of the monorail... :(

See what they do to prep for wishes each day

Ride on a parade float in costume

what else...??

Ooooo, The possibilities are endless! When I read these - I just kept thing....of if only it were possible!!!! How cool and thanks for giving me something to dream about while drifting off to sleep! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these lists!!! :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
12-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Thought of a best of idea, hope no one else has suggested, best of holiday decorations.

NotaGeek
01-11-2013, 12:24 AM
Hi everyone - we are taping on Sunday! Have any more Best Of ... suggestions? We will be picking over the weekend...

Thanks for all the requests so far! :mickey:

kbean
01-12-2013, 11:50 AM
How about the best of the worst souvenirs to give somebody? Mine would have to be those Grammy awards you can buy in the jewelry store on main street and at HWS that say best mom or dad or whatever. Who wouldn't want that gold statue on your shelf from Disney?

Best intercot moderator .....

Cheshire_Girl
01-12-2013, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=kbean;2327210 Who wouldn't want that gold statue on your shelf from Disney? ..[/QUOTE]

You know you secretly want one:secret:

How about the best of....Photo Opps ....like standing between Baloo's legs at Pop or getting in a conga line with Aerial's fishy friends over at AoA

kbean
01-13-2013, 08:11 AM
How about the best toilet paper on property? Because the leaves at the camp ground can't compare to the soft double quilted pattern tp at the yacht club.

Cheshire_Girl
01-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Kbean good or bad we kind of think a like because I was thinking the Best of the Worst bathrooms on property... really, have you ever been in the bathrooms right by the Lego store when you come in from lot D/C at DtD .... be afraid. Be very afraid.
I have a favorite potty too but you have to ask for me to tell!

kbean
02-05-2013, 03:47 PM
I know you guys did best of lounge/bar.... and I have heard ya talk about certain drinks like the "Ice Cream beer" and something from Morocco I heard. Think maybe ya could touch on best adult and or kid friendly drinks? Best of beers and mixed drinks.

Or best Resort Lobby? Like the Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom lodge. Those are two places I enjoy to relax, people watch, plan the rest of the day out.... or if your lucky, wake up, go down, and read the paper.

TinkerbellT421
03-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Best of suggestions:
"best of walt disney quotes"
"Best of interactive queues" seeing its such a favorite topic lol

SlinkyDog
04-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Best of the water parks
Best food stand
Best view from a resort
Best ride after a few beers

Only suggestions I could think of. A worst of would be funny.

BraddyB
04-26-2013, 10:59 AM
How about best of Disney local wild life such as
snakes, bugs, birds, gators, and all the other creature you see on a Disney trip.

I am sure we have all run into something while being down there