PDA

View Full Version : Who is riding Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh at midnight?

floridamom
03-26-2012, 09:39 PM
We will be at WDW this time next week. So just for giggles, I checked one of my wait time apps and saw that tonight MK is open until 1am and Fastpasses for Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh are GONE as of 9:20pm. This made me wonder if there are folks with little ones who actually pulled Fastpasses and will ride that late at night. Or is it mainly adults and those with older kids who still love those attractions?

Our DDs are 9 and 7 and are not night owls so we don't have experience being in MK that late. So, evening EMHers, who is really flying off to Neverland late at night?

JerseyDad
03-26-2012, 10:09 PM
...the wait times for those rides are pretty "legendary"....so I wouldn't be surprised at people waiting 'till late night to get a chance to ride them.

CanadaLovesDisney
03-26-2012, 10:33 PM
The Peter pan line never decreases! It's cursed!!!

PeterPan
03-27-2012, 12:03 AM
Oh, no question about it, people are riding this ride like there is no tomorrow. Children, adults, grandmothers, babies. Yes, the later it gets, the more "adults" are riding, but they are having the times of their lives. Who wouldn't want to fly off to Neverland? And think about it...this ride has been basically the same ever since Disneyland opened in 1955. (I know, it's been completely renovated, but BASICALLY it's the same.)

tinxmom
03-27-2012, 07:39 AM
We were there recently when MK was open until 3am. Believe it or not, we stayed past 2:30 (5 kids with us ranging from 11 to 20) and it was my 20 yr old son who insisted on Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh at 2am! And everyone was giving him a hard time because there were actually waits (10 to 20 min) for those rides even at 2am! We did have a ball though!

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-27-2012, 09:01 AM
I'd ride at midnight ... anytime when the line isn't quite so bad! It is just crazy, so I'll take whenever I can.

Plus, all of the dark rides are just a bit better at night, when no light seeps in at all!

Katzateer
03-27-2012, 09:35 AM
ME! I always wonder how guests can ride any of the roller coasters at that time -guess they will really wake you up

LandFan
03-27-2012, 09:36 AM
DH and I ride it at night or as late as possible because I refuse to stand in ANY Line at Peter Pan :D Fastpass, no line, or nothing!

Katzateer
03-27-2012, 09:36 AM
[QUOTEPlus, all of the dark rides are just a bit better at night, when no light seeps in at all![/QUOTE]

:thumbsup:

deedeebee
03-27-2012, 10:14 AM
We leave in about 24 hours, all my three teenagers love Peter Pan! They have been riding it since they were tiny, we have to. :thumbsup:

Dopey's Girl
03-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Me! I love waiting until really late at night to ride. The line is usually shorter and the rides just seem better at night!

shadowden
03-27-2012, 11:43 AM
We make full use of the EMHs (at least until 1200 or so) and my DDs are 8 and 3.

This is only possible b/c we take mid-day siestas to rest up the kids (and us too!) so that we are all going strong into the night.

#1donaldfan
03-27-2012, 12:06 PM
ME !! I am 44 and love them both....it's Disney, I'm allowed to be a kid again, right ??!!!:mickey:

Wolf
03-27-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm 25 and me and Moma Wolf always ride that, Dumbo, Tea Cups, Aladin's carpets, etc real late at night, we never want to make kids (And their parents) wait any longer than they have to already for those rides so we do them really late when there isn't much line to deal with.

Sylvia
03-27-2012, 03:48 PM
ME !! I am 44 and love them both....it's Disney, I'm allowed to be a kid again, right ??!!!:mickey:

Actually, I don't think we Disney fans ever really stop being a kid at heart.

When I cross the Florida state line, I'm no longer an adult, I don't have to go to work, and I can have fun. I'm a 2-yr-old in an adult body. :blush:

So, count me in - I'll be visiting Neverland and Dumbo in approximately 45 days and 8 hours, but who's counting. :thumbsup:

Stu29573
03-27-2012, 03:51 PM
My wife and I have visited Fantasyland late at night on several occasions! Even though there are still lines, the crowd is more adult. It doesn't feel quite as weird for two grandparents to ride Dumbo at that time, lol! :D

Eran_wolf
03-28-2012, 03:25 PM
On my families last visit we hit PP late, not midnight late but not at 2PM!! Don't get me wrong I love PP and WP and so do my kids but I don't 60 minute wait love it!!

LVT
04-14-2012, 06:56 AM
I have not been on Dumbo, but I will try now. I can now hope for Aladdin as well.

LudwigVonDrake
04-15-2012, 11:21 AM
I figure that the lines will be shorter late at night for those rides (especially Peter Pan) because of tired children but I've seen at times that I am completely wrong :)

Princess'Mom
04-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Me! I love waiting until really late at night to ride. The line is usually shorter and the rides just seem better at night!

Me too! My DD and I were on the last Jungle cruise of the evening that last time we were at MK. Rides at night seem to have a bit more magic in them!

DVC2004
04-17-2012, 01:11 PM
The line for PP is horrible at any time of day and also is depleted of FPs quickly!

TikiLounger
04-17-2012, 01:20 PM
I'll ride whenever I can. When in Disney, the rules of time aren't the same as they are in real life.

ImagiAsh
04-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Me too! My DD and I were on the last Jungle cruise of the evening that last time we were at MK. Rides at night seem to have a bit more magic in them!

It does feel more magical, doesn't it? The feeling of having a ride almost completely to yourself is indescribable.

RBrooksC
04-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Last year, my five year old son and I went to the MK for EMH. We arrive around 11 PM and got to see the start of the MSEP. Then we rode Buzz Lightyear, the Peoplemover, Winnie The Pooh, Peter Pan, It's a Small World and then Pirates. By that point, it was about 2 AM and we both were spent. We shared a Dole Whip and then had two photos taken on the way out of the park.

It was a great night with just us. The next day we slept in and he and I went to Epcot together.

Mousemates
04-18-2012, 09:59 AM
Last year, my five year old son and I went to the MK for EMH. We arrive around 11 PM and got to see the start of the MSEP. Then we rode Buzz Lightyear, the Peoplemover, Winnie The Pooh, Peter Pan, It's a Small World and then Pirates. By that point, it was about 2 AM and we both were spent. We shared a Dole Whip and then had two photos taken on the way out of the park.

It was a great night with just us. The next day we slept in and he and I went to Epcot together.

sounds like you guys had a perfectly magical evening...enjoy them and make time for as a many as you can...because before you know it five will turn into seventeen.

Cinderelley
04-18-2012, 11:39 PM
I'm one of those people! :) :thumbsup: And it really doesn't matter who I am with - adults or my kids. In all fairness though, I am a nightshift worker.

Disney Crazy
04-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Actually, I don't think we Disney fans ever really stop being a kid at heart.

When I cross the Florida state line, I'm no longer an adult, I don't have to go to work, and I can have fun. I'm a 2-yr-old in an adult body. :blush:

So, count me in - I'll be visiting Neverland and Dumbo in approximately 45 days and 8 hours, but who's counting. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Well said!! ... I am the same way and never plan to change!

CuteAsMinnie
04-21-2012, 08:49 AM
sounds like you guys had a perfectly magical evening...enjoy them and make time for as a many as you can...because before you know it five will turn into seventeen.

I can not wait to ride Pooh and Peter Pan first thing in the morning and last ride at night with my DS. He is my Pooh n Peter Pan Buddy. He was 5...11 years ago. He will be 17 on our next trip and He reminded me of "our plan!". :cloud9:

brownie
04-21-2012, 11:53 AM
I was at the Magic Kingdom from 10:00pm on March 31-1am on April 1. I waited in line for about 45 minutes for Peter Pan's Flight at about 10:30pm. There were quite a few people in line with little ones. The guy behind me in line had three boys. The youngest was probably 3-4 years old and kept wanting to sit down. I think he was pretty tired. Dad kept telling him to stand up and threatened the boys with leaving if they didn't stay on their feet. I was thinking they probably did want to leave since they seemed tired.