PDA

View Full Version : Epcot with Pregnant wife?

jaredkari
03-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Ok my wife and I are taking a very quick "Babymoon" before our first child gets here in June. We are going to stay at BC and go to Epcot for one day. We figured Epcot would be the best park for my pregnant wife as far as attractions and ease of getting around. We have reservations at Garden Grill in the afternoon. Other than that, what kind of agenda might you suggest for Epcot. :mickey:

JerseyDad
03-26-2012, 10:05 PM
....you didn't mention how far along in her "delicate condition" she was...or will be at the time of the trip. But...since June is right around the corner...I'd say...pretty far along!! (btw...congrats )

....I think Epcot is a good choice...with some pretty mild rides like Spaceship Earth, Soarin', Ellen's Energy Adventure, the Maelstrom (in Norway), and the River of Time (in Mexico), Living With the Land Boat Ride (in The Land)

Since it's getting HOT there...NOW...there are also plenty of spots she can hop into to keep cool...particularly in and around the World Showcase

Itchy
03-26-2012, 11:01 PM
I was there with my daughter in 2005 when she was like at 7 months. She did most everything except the real thrill rides such as test track.

She did have issues with the heat as we were there in late August. You might want to consider and ECV if a lot of walking is a problem for her. That way she can enjoy the parks more. Bottom line keep hydrated and when getting hot move to an airconditioned area for a while.

Hope this helps....:mickey:

CuteAsMinnie
03-27-2012, 08:15 AM
I was at EPCOT when 6 mos PG ( looking like 9).
World Showcase is a great place for your DW. Lots of places to cool down and rest, maybe buy the baby a lil somethin from the Pooh shop in UK. The blasted walk from WS to Future World is always a killer so consider taking the ferry that goes across the lagoon. Heat brings on swollen ankles so as long as she stays hydrated and rests her feet in the shade every now and then, you'll be good!

Have a magical time and CONGRATS!!!!!!:cloud9:

Fastpasssteve
03-28-2012, 02:57 AM
Honey...it's all about the position of the baby. Anything is doable if she is carrying the baby in a high position. She can chug ahead and do circles around the lagoon.

But, it the baby drops, she will be waddling like the ducks by the Canada. Good luck.

Pop Centurion
03-28-2012, 05:41 PM
I agree, World Showcase is a good idea. Plenty of shops to get out of the heat & rest. As a bonus, each time she rests you can try a drink from said country. ;)
Seriously though. Future World attractions tend to be far apart IMO so plan for plenty of rests. The good thing is you have Innoventions to duck into to escape the heat when going from one side of FW to the other.

AmandaChan
03-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Honey...it's all about the position of the baby. Anything is doable if she is carrying the baby in a high position. She can chug ahead and do circles around the lagoon.

But, it the baby drops, she will be waddling like the ducks by the Canada. Good luck.

I am 35 weeks and this child couldn't be farther down into my pelvis without me being in labor. And that made me chuckle, b/c I got the waddle down pat, particularly at this moment. I can not even imagine walking around epcot right now (I would love to, maybe just for a couple hours)... but a whole trip? forget about it.