PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite Downtown Disney Restaurants?

Alpha Jeanie
03-26-2012, 09:20 PM
What are your favorite Downtown Disney restaurants? (counter service & sit down)

Which restaurants are on the dining plan?

We have never been to Downtown Disney before and would love to get a few reviews & opinions of fellow Intercotees.

Thank you for any info.:thumbsup:

Alaska Disney Fan
03-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Wolfgang Puck Express and Earl of Sandwich are our favorites, both counter service and on the DDP. My DW and DD get something at Puck's, Myself and DS get some sandwiches at Earl's and we all sit together and share.

mickclub1955
03-26-2012, 10:06 PM
My wife and I ate at the Portobello Italian Restaurant back in Jan and it was great. We will eat there again. I do recommend this resaurant.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Itchy
03-26-2012, 10:56 PM
We love Raglan Road and do it each trip. Will be there in May and Sept of this year. Also like Rainforest Cafe. I know it is noisey but we like it from time to time as it is alot quieter that Planet Hollywood.

WE WILL NEVER DO CAPT JACKS AGAIN!!!

In our opinion the the food and service is terrible. There are a ot of better eateries at Down town Disney.

Hope this helps....:mickey:

Tink#64
03-26-2012, 11:08 PM
We used to like Planet Hollywood, but our last trip there the food was mediocre at best & service was bot great!

T-Rex is owned by the same company that owns Rainforest Cafe, so similar type food selection (which we've always been happy with), but we thought the atmosphere was really fun & original!

Earl of Sandwhich just has to be my whole family's favorite DTD restaurant - Hands Down! A really a great selection of artisan type sandwhiches (YUM), yummy desserts, even a nice cold beer for mom & dad! :beer:

LandFan
03-27-2012, 09:08 AM
We love Raglan Road but here's a tip... :secret: (but don't tell anyone, lol) use opentable.com to snag a reservation instead of Disney Dining (even if you are on the dining plan) and put in your requests. We asked to be seated right next to the dancing and were - no problems! Also, they had a ton more times available. As they are not Disney owned, they are on opentable :D

DANAM
03-27-2012, 02:31 PM
We love Wolf Gang Puck Express. It is a counter service on the dining plan and well worth the credits. The meatballs are amazing. We love the BBQ chicken pizza. I have never had a bad thing here.

Dopey's Girl
03-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Earl of Sandwich is awesome! Can't wait to get back there in a few weeks!

I also count Ghiradelli in there. It's the main reason we don't have a huge sit down meal ad DD. gotta save room for a hot fudge sundae!

tjstrike
03-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Wolfgang puck's, T Rex and Rainforest. :number1::number1:

faline
03-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Earl of Sandwich would need to be my favorite. I've tried many of the others. I haven't been to Portobello in quite a long time but have always experienced good service and food at that location. House of Blues used to be a favorite though I think it is quite pricey. Bongo's was good at lunch and I would do it again. I wasn't overly impressed with Fulton's Crab and haven't been there in ages.

joonyer
03-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Earl of Sandwich And Ghirardelli's. YUM!

Fastpasssteve
03-28-2012, 03:45 AM
I love Raglan Road. I have had several great meals there. Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding is one of the best things I have ever had.

RAIDER
03-28-2012, 08:43 AM
Fultons followed by Raglan Road i love them both :thumbsup:

goofy-4-disney
03-28-2012, 09:33 AM
We don't eat a lot of meals at DTD but when we have we have always decided to eat at Wolfgang Puck Express. We have never had a bad meal there. Good price, good food.

TinkerbellT421
03-28-2012, 10:06 AM
Sit Down: Raglan Road, House of Blues and Fulton's

Counter Service: Earl of Sandwich and Cookes of Dublin (mmmm fried shrimp basket and fried doh-bar for dessert :eat:)

ThanxForNoticin
03-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Portobello is one of our favorites. We also have had some excellent experiences at Paradiso 37.

whitney37354
03-28-2012, 03:38 PM
We've only done Cooke's of Dublin at DTD. Hot, fresh, large portion of fish & chips. Good ice cream for dessert. There aren't many tables, but you could eat outside of the restaurant in good weather.

AmandaChan
03-28-2012, 04:01 PM
We also usually always do Raglan Road.. forest of scallops are delicious and so if the beef stew. If you like Blue Moon at all try the Tucher (sp? pronounced tooker).. I've been trying to find it here and I can't find it anywhere.. and we even have an international market that has tons of beer 2 miles from us.

Earl of Sandwich was really good.. had it once. I think we got the tuna salad sandwich and DH and I could barely even split it.

The margarita stand down by the Disney store is ... delicious. they have a grapefruit margarita and they are strong.

phlo8810
03-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Fultons is the best! Love it. Everything is great.
Cap n Jacks I thought was horrible. Cool atmosphere but food was nothing to write home about.