PDA

View Full Version : Disney Travel Agent

ChipNDale79
03-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Not sure if this is the right place for this or not, but is anyone on this board a Disney Travel Agent? I'm curious is this is something that would be fun to do as a side job.

My wife and I love to plan trips and were thinking it might be fun to do this for other people and make some money on the side.

PopPhan
03-26-2012, 02:27 PM
There are a number of Disney Travel Agents on this site - mostly from Magical Journeys (an INTERCOT sponsor)

You should get plenty of good information from them!!! They are the best around.

faline
03-26-2012, 02:27 PM
A number of folks representing Intercot Sponsor, Magical Journeys Travel Agency, are on the boards on a regular basis.

Stu29573
03-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Just a thumbs up for Magical Journeys! :thumbsup: Two trips using them and great service both times!

Kenny1113
03-26-2012, 06:11 PM
I agree! I contemplated doing this on the side as well. :mickey:

However locally the certification classes are several thousand dollars. Thought It might take awhile to break even. :(

Good luck!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-01-2012, 07:19 PM
I don't know how well you'd do at it being part time. I know Wendy@MJs seems to be working ALL the time.

DVC2004
04-02-2012, 01:46 PM
I worked as a full time travel agent for a while, and my company did everything but I specialized in Disney: WDW, cruise, DL, Adventures by Disney, all of it. I was the Disney Expert. I have to agree it is a lot of work and I'm not sure how part time that would be. But it's worth looking into if it's something you are passionate about.

When I did it, there was alot of back and forth with the customer, explaining things, looking for best price etc. Many phone calls and emails traded and all hours of the day, weekends, evenings etc. It helped to know the "secrets" for example not everyone is aware of like PIN codes. While it was fun, it was also stressful and demanding. :mickey:

I just plan my own trips now. :mickey: