PDA

View Full Version : Dress Attire for California Grill

twinboyz
03-26-2012, 11:30 AM
We are head to Cali Grill for the first time ever and I have some questions regarding attire.

No flip flops? is that correct. Are other open toed sandals ok? Could I wear a sundress, or does it need to be something more formal?

Thanks for any and all advice for those who have been there.:thumbsup:

SurferStitch
03-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Open-toed sandals and pumps are perfectly fine, as is the sundress you have in mind.

The dress code is business casual, but unfortunately that includes shorts, which where I work (Air Products) is definitely NOT business casual. Not sure how those snuck into the list of acceptable attire.

I usually wear a cocktail dress, fancy sundress (no knit frocks) or dressy pants (I have satin pencil pants that look awesome with dressy tops and heels). This is a special place, and the attire should reflect that.

Khakis and a nice button down shirt (short sleeve is fine) or polo shirt are definitely acceptable. DH also likes to wear a jacket on evenings that aren't sweltering.

For ladies, a nice sundress, cocktail dress or nice pants/capris with a dressy top are good. Please stay away from standard park attire. :thumbsup: You won't get turned away, but like I said before, this is a more upscale restaurant. You want to dress the part.

We can't wait to dine here again. It's one of our favorites!

SBETigg
03-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Even jeans and t-shirts are allowed as long as they aren't ripped, torn, or with unacceptable sayings on the shirt. Use your judgment. If you feel neat and acceptable, you probably are. There are people who dress up quite a bit, and people in shorts and jeans. It's a lenient policy. But we do feel better dressing a little nicer at a finer dining establishment.

twinboyz
03-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks for all the feedback. This was exactly what i needed to know!:yay::thanks:I didn't want them to accept us because they had to. I've heard some good things about this place and I want to feel comfortable there. Tank tops and flip flops can be worn the rest of the week.:thumbsup: Wahoo! Very excited to finally be trying this restaurant!!!:cloud9: