PDA

View Full Version : LCD TV Problem

DVC2004
03-26-2012, 10:35 AM
We have a Toshiba Regza HD/LCD TV in our bedroom. It's only about 2- 2 and 1/2 years old, the newest TV in our house. For the past few months I noticed a grayed out area in the upper lefthand corner of the sceen and also some black lines. After a few minutes, they would disappear gradually. Last night, the picture freaked out and moved up, and the screen went completely black except for a bright white line at the very top. The sound continued as normal and was not affected. I turned the channel and it was definitely the TV and not our satellite service. I turned it off and on, checked the cable connections. Nothing helped. The picture attempted to come back about 10 minutes later but the screen flashed again and lost it.

I have to call them today. I am not sure the warranty on it and if it's still valid. I know we did not purchase an extended warranty. Ugh! It's fairly new so I am frustrated. We have another LCD that is about 4 years old and a DLP projection that's even older and no problems. Does anyone out there have an idea what the issue is and can it be fixed faily inexpensively (less than the cost of a new tv)?

DizneyRox
03-26-2012, 12:00 PM
I see lots of posts about that problem with the Google.

I would guess a visit to the repairman is in order. There are direction online to revery back to factory defaults, but without a pictur, I'm guessing that's pretty tough.