PDA

View Full Version : online dining reservations question

Dyanna
03-26-2012, 09:44 AM
We have another family traveling with us in Oct & we are all staying in a 2 br at BLT. Since we may not be doing everything together every day I was wondering how it would effect making dinning reservations. If I was to make reservation for my family of 3 lets say on a Monday in the MK at crystal palace at 5pm what would happen if the 2nd family of 5 makes reservations at Liberty Tree or if their at another park lets say Garden Grill at Epcot. Would the reservation system allow us to do such or would it come back to us asking to cancel one of the reservations because we already had one booked on the same day around the same time.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
03-26-2012, 10:09 AM
It will ask you to cancel one.

VWL Mom
03-26-2012, 10:17 AM
I would think since they were booked under 2 different names with different contacts and credit cards (for those that require) you should be okay.

If the resv# red flags it they should be able to call and make their reservations.

CleveSJM
03-26-2012, 10:21 AM
I don't think you have to link a room number to a dining reservation, you should just use a phone number or name or different credit card. Like someone making a reservation who isn't staying on-site.

The online system may have an issue but a call to Reservations would work. We've done this in the past.

Dyanna
03-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Dont you have to give them your reservation number when booking? This is what I think would cause the problem of booking more than one dinner etc.

CleveSJM
03-26-2012, 10:38 AM
For early reservations, yes, they do need to know the reservation number. But they also know how many can fit in that room and will split up reservations accordinging. If it's within the "regular" booking time, they only ask for a phone number. Unless something has changed in the last couple months.

mom2morgan
03-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Anyone can book a meal for any WDW eatery 180 days in advance, whether they have a reservation or not. The only think you lose is the "180 plus 10" advantage, so they could not call at the 180 mark and book all their meals for the upcoming week. They'd have to call 180 days or less before each meal, and just book with their own phone number, and for some meals, their own credit card.