PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Cafe

mydisneygirls
03-26-2012, 08:18 AM
Opinions?

Ed
03-26-2012, 09:24 AM
We often take visitors there for breakfast or lunch, and have never been dissatisfied. Food is excellent, service has always been top notch, even prices are reasonable.

Not sure if they still have it, but on the lunch menu they had a large hamburger topped with a big lump of lobster.

mydisneygirls
03-26-2012, 10:04 AM
That sounds GREAT...I love lobster. Ever been for dinner? I'm trying to take DD's (14 and 13) someplace other than buffets...although we love them. I think they will like the steak.

SBETigg
03-26-2012, 10:15 AM
I think it's one of the better non-Signature restaurants at WDW. I especially love it for lunch or breakfast, but I don't think the dinner will disappoint.

faline
03-26-2012, 10:35 AM
We've usually lunched or breakfasted here - not sure if we've ever visited for dinner. This is usually the place we go for a nice, relaxed lunch on our final day - just before we head to the airport!

LandFan
03-27-2012, 09:31 AM
I think it is pretty good food:thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
03-27-2012, 09:39 AM
We have a lunch reservation at the Grand Floridian Cafe this summer. I am going to get that lobster burger if it's the last thing I do!!!! I am hoping I can convince the walking stomach (aka my 13 year old hungry son) to order the crab cakes, then we can do a half and half trade off!

buzznwoodysmom
03-27-2012, 09:47 AM
I think it's a hidden gem! A few years ago we were in WDW for my birthday. It was sort of a last minute trip so I didn't make many ADRs. We spent my birthday in MK so before leaving the room that morning I called to see what was available for dinner either in MK or on the monorail. We decided on Grand Floridian Cafe because it was a place we probably wouldn't have picked on our own. We thought we would give it a try. Turns out it was one of the best meals of the trip! Food and service were both top notch! And the GF is such a nice, quiet break from the parks!

Dopey's Girl
03-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Love this place! I have eaten there a number of times for lunch and have never been anything but thrilled. Great food, lovely servers and you get to explore a wonderful resort. I would highly recommend it!

mydisneygirls
03-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Thanks all. I need one more ADR and it will be the night before we leave. I think I'll make it here!

CuteAsMinnie
03-29-2012, 10:27 PM
This truly is a hidden gem. It's a pretty place, never crowded for lunch and it's an awesome way to escape the afternoon hustle and bustle of MK. I remember the tilapia with a mango salsa that was awesome. DS had a huge burger and the desserts are very nice. We go there each trip.

Side note: Last trip there was a table of 3, a man with bad 70's style dark hair with sun glasses, a guy with a brief case and sun glasses and a woman with sun glasses as well. We were thinking hmmmm. Finally, after joking with our server she finally found out the 70's hair guy was Bobby Golsboro?!?!? Did they all REALLY need to wear sun glasses. I think not. :)

Fastpasssteve
03-30-2012, 02:48 AM
It's called the Grand Floridian Burger...the burger with the lobster on it. FYI. It is available at both lunch and dinner.

RedSoxFan
03-30-2012, 08:04 AM
We've eaten dinner there twice -- most recently this past November. Excellent food and service. Highly recommend it.:mickey:

mydisneygirls
03-30-2012, 12:36 PM
I hemmed and hawed about going here, but after reading your opinions I am now so excited and I think my DDs (13 and 14) will like it also.

Thanks all!

spoiledraf
03-30-2012, 01:10 PM
We usually stop there once a visit. It's always great food and service and you seldom have trouble getting a table. Priced right too. I love it.