PDA

View Full Version : Being a CM

BWayGrl
03-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Forgive me if this topic has been discussed before, but I'm just wondering what it's like to be a CM in the parks. I had gotten accepted to the College Program back in 2007, but I ended up not going through with it (stupidly). I regret my decision every day. Sometimes I just want to start anew, move to Florida and try to get a job at WDW!

From what I've heard, CMs don't make a great deal of money, but anyone out there who is, or has been a CM, would you say it's worth the experience? Can you afford to live on your own, or do you have other part-time jobs to support yourself?

Would love to hear all about it!

Main Street Jim
03-25-2012, 07:05 PM
Sent you a PM :)

By the way....Langhorne, eh? Langhorne Speedway was one of the toughest race tracks ever built :) A one-mile *circle* - not even an oval - of rough dirt before it was paved. Sure did claim its fair share of drivers....

joanna71985
03-29-2012, 07:13 PM
I've been a CM since 2005...love it!

Peterpanflight
03-29-2012, 08:07 PM
I did the college program back in 1998. I LOVE disney and always have been. Been going since birth 2x a year so Disney was my life. However me I hated working in Disney. Although it was real cool walking underground MK but to me it was traumatizing to me haha...seeing Mickey getting dressed was not my idea of fun. It took me a good year to recover from all I saw. To me Mickey was Mickey to me but after working there Mickey was a petite girl. I still go to Disney every year and am now a Mom of 3 but for me I would not like to work there again. I still like to think of it as the most magical place on earth and unfortunately for me I didn't think this way working there :confused: