PDA

View Full Version : a good place for chicken wings?

dyin tago
03-25-2012, 05:21 PM
hello all,

dw and I are planning our 7th trip to the world in september and will have the free counter service dining again.

we like most of the food we have tried but would like to find a few different things this trip.

we tried yak and yeti at animal kingdom park last trip and loved it!:mickey:

we also like chicken wings and looking for ideas on a good place to try preferably on the dining plan but not a must.

LandFan
03-25-2012, 06:56 PM
The Honey Sesame teriyaki-ish sticky wings at the Tambu Lounge in the Polynesian are great! I think they are also an appetizer at Kona Cafe...

CleveSJM
03-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Good question. I always go to Buffalo Wild Wings out at Crossroads (outside Disney by the Hotel strip by Downtown Disney) for my wing fix while at Disney.

HackLaSalle
03-25-2012, 11:03 PM
It's not counter service but I've had and enjoyed wings at the ESPN club. But I'd be interested as well to hear more wing destinations at The World...

CleveSJM
03-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Oh yeah, the House of Blues at Downtown Disney has decent wings. Expensive though. I think it was $10 for about 6-8 wings.

BrerGnat
03-26-2012, 12:50 PM
I never was a fan of chicken wings, until I tried the Sticky Wings appetizer (but really, it's a full mean) at KONA CAFE. These are amazing wings! Honestly, they are addictive.

The ones at Tambu Lounge and 'Ohana are similar, but not quite the same as the ones served at Kona.

I like the Kona ones better.

If you are looking for traditional buffalo style, ESPN Club at the Boardwalk has some good ones!

KylesMom
03-26-2012, 03:51 PM
The wings at Territory Lounge in the Wilderness Lodge are amazing. Several nights of our past trip we skipped dinner just to snack on those when we arrived back at our home resort in the evenings! :mickey:

Kenny1113
03-26-2012, 06:08 PM
DH said the ones at EPSN were not bad.

SBETigg
03-26-2012, 06:46 PM
The ones at Tambu Lounge and 'Ohana are similar, but not quite the same as the ones served at Kona.

True, 'Ohana, Kona, and Tambu Lounge all serve chicken wings, but they each have a different recipe. They are similar, but not the same, at all three places. I've been trying to think of quick service places that serve wings, but haven't thought of any.