PDA

View Full Version : ADR Web Site Frustration

MrPeetrie
03-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Today is the 180-day mark for our trip. I've been looking forward to making my dining reservations (in private--I like to surprise my family with locations) for a while. I go to the Disney World web site, log in, and my reservation pops up. In the upper right-hand corner is a huge, green text box that says, "180 until your Disney Vacation." Great! Let's start making those ressies.

I enter the first one. No problem. Then I move to my next ADR, which is 181 days away:

"SORRY. YOU MUST HAVE A VALID RESERVATION TO MAKE DINING ARRANGEMENTS PAST 180. PLEASE CONFIRM."

So I re-enter my confirmation number, last name, and date of arrival.

"SORRY. CANNOT CONFIRM RESERVATION"

Bear in mind, the previous screen had a picture of our resort (POFQ), arrival date, and first dining reservation (Rainforest Cafe) PLUS the huge text box stating 180 days until our next trip.

I was forced to make ADRs by phone. DW and DD8 got to hear what I have planned for us. No surprises for them on this trip. I'm upset.

This happen to any of you?

floridamom
03-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Yes, there have been many reports on various message boards of the 180+10 ADRs requiring a phone call. I encountered the same issue last month when making reservations for our July trip- all my trip details were linked and visible online, but I could only make ADRs for the first day and I had to call to make the rest. The CM I spoke with also mentioned that currently there were issues doing 180+10 online.

Briansmom
03-24-2012, 11:59 PM
I must have hit it lucky because I did mine a week ago and didnt have any problems at all. I was able to book all of them online except the Fantasmic Dinner Pkg. Sorry for your frustration.... :(

cuteduck223
03-25-2012, 03:29 PM
having the same problem today trying to book my 180+. It let me book the first one, but when i went to the 2nd one...UNABLE TO CONFIRM RESERVATION.

MrPeetrie
03-26-2012, 02:29 AM
Tried it again today with same result. Unable to Confirm Reservation.

Oh, Well. I have most of them done. Just wanted to add Flying Fish.

laprana
03-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Yep, the same thing is happening to me to. Won't let me make ADRs 180+ days out and keeps saying that it can't confirm the resort reservation. It's incredibly frustrating!! I don't know why Disney can't get it together when it comes to their website and IT department. :mad:

EeyoresBestFriend
03-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Similar here. Looks like Stitch has been busy . . .

Got the 'unable to confirm message' - then called. CM couldn't get in either. Suggested I try the next day. Next day, same game online, but when I called I was able to make all ressies.

Take that Stitch! :D

mydisneygirls
03-26-2012, 10:51 PM
I got up at 5:30 this morning to make reservations only to encounter problems. It let me make one for O'hana on day one but then that was it. Waited until 7 a.m. and was able to make a couple more. Finally, I deleted all history, cookies and downloads and I had no problem. Don't know if this was the reason, but it worked for me.

MrPeetrie
03-27-2012, 08:12 AM
I am still having no luck with the web site working properly. I did, however, find that using the Google browser instead of the IE browser seems to be more compatible with their web site. Using IE kept giving me an error message. Using Google kept trying to access their database. Unfortunately, it kept giving me the message "Unable to Confirm Reservation at this Time."

You would think they would have this straightened out by now!

WDW-Geek
03-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Yep, same issue here. Had to call and make the reservations.

magicofdisney
03-27-2012, 09:44 AM
I got up at 5:30 this morning to make reservations only to encounter problems. It let me make one for O'hana on day one but then that was it. Waited until 7 a.m. and was able to make a couple more. Finally, I deleted all history, cookies and downloads and I had no problem. Don't know if this was the reason, but it worked for me.

The one time I had issues I did this same thing. It's been trouble free ever since.

cuteduck223
03-27-2012, 10:05 AM
i ended up calling, it was much simpler.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
03-27-2012, 10:55 AM
I don't think their site can handle the influx of reservations that seem to happen in the mornings. I have found times when I go to the Disney website and sign in that it doesn't show my reservations, I have to log out and log back in, sometimes more than once.

But making reservations, I was able to make my 1st reservation and then couldn't do any others from my computer. I had to call (glad we have unlimited long distance on our landline).

MrPeetrie
03-28-2012, 11:28 AM
In addition to the Web-Site Frustration I am adding growing frustration with their automated voice-recognition technology.

Since I couldn't make my ADRs on the web site for any day BUT our arrival day, I called and spoke to a Cast Member. Very Polite. (I have nothing but great things to say about those on the other end of the phone.)

Today, I realized I forgot one ADR and went to try the web site again. Still, no luck. I tried using different browsers, too, but to no avail. I called the Passholder Hotline and was connected to the automated voice-recognition operator. At first, I was being confirmed for the wrong date. The automated operator mis-heard and was booking me a week early. I couldn't get the system to respond properly so I hung up and re-dialed.

This time, the system was unable to understand my reservation number. It kept asking me to try again. But since I was reading the confirmation number off my phone, I was unable to switch back to the keypad and key it in at the same time, so I had to rely solely on the voice-recognition technology to input my reservation. After several failed attempts, it finally kicked me out to a very polite CM. Disney, get your act in gear.

In the book, "Keys to the Kingdom: Seven Keys to Disney's Success," the author posits the theory: Disney's competition is ANYONE with whom they are compared. So, if you compare the customer service you receive from calling, let's say, Sear's with the customer service you receive when you call Disney's customer service, then Sear's is now Disney's competition. If that's the case, then Disney is losing. Either they need to fix their technology, or go back to having their great cast members take calls. (I doulbt we'll be going back there any time soon.)

Sorry, I had to vent!