PDA

View Full Version : Who are must see performers at Epcot?

natstroop
03-23-2012, 10:27 PM
We are going to take two days at Epcot for the first time this year. We will be taking a whole day for World Showcase. We normally just rush through it and miss all the shows and performers. I would like to know your favorites and what we shouldn't miss. And also any special things we should take the time to see/do. (We've done Maelstrom! :mickey:)

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
03-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Love Off Kilter

Fastpasssteve
03-24-2012, 12:30 AM
Here are a few of the acts that I enjoy in World Showcase:
First...all show times are listed on the daily schedule which is available at the gate when you enter.

I like the British band that plays in the United Kingdom.

I also like the Women's Comedy Group that performs in Italy. (Audience participation improv)

I also like the faux Shakespearean acting troupe in the UK.

There is also a great acrobat/balance act that looks like a waiter, but does balancing act with chairs...way up high in the air. Amazing.

the other micki
03-24-2012, 12:37 AM
My favorite must-see is Voices of Liberty in the USA. They are phenomenal!

Also, I recommend World Showcase Players in the UK, the juggler in Italy and Dragon Legend Acrobats in China.

In addition, make sure you take time to look around in all of the shops. My kids had so much fun looking at (and trying on) clothing from each country.

texas211
03-24-2012, 10:35 AM
The American Singers. Awesome.

Not a show, but make sure to grab some caramel treats in Germany... Das Goode!

Main Street Jim
03-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Not World Showcase...but Future World:

The Jammitors :)

faline
03-24-2012, 06:58 PM
The Voices of Liberty are wonderful! If you haven't seen it, you must also see the American Adventure. The films in France and Canada are well worth viewing as well.

Katzateer
03-24-2012, 07:24 PM
All the performers are great! If we are at EPCOT we just check the schedules and normally we start in Canada. Most of the time you can work your way around World Showcase and see the performers and other attractions in each country and not have to back-track too much.

Our favorite is Off Kilter.

MarkC
03-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Off Kilter
Voices of Liberty
(if you are male)-- Morocco. The belly dancer comes on during the 2nd song.

LVT
03-25-2012, 07:20 AM
I love the drummers in the Japan pavilion.

I agree that there are many great performers.
Voices of Liberty
Candy Lady
Off Kilter
Band in UK area
Fife and Drums

I know there are more, have fun

LandFan
03-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Definitely Off Kilter and the British Invasion!
The chinese acrobat girls are great too!

A Big Kid
03-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Definitely Off Kilter and the British Invasion!
The chinese acrobat girls are great too!

There is no longer a British Invasion. Now there is a pretty mundane, if talented, rock band. We walked away half way through the performance somwehat dissapointed.

PeterPan
03-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Do NOT miss VOICES OF LIBERTY. Simply exquisite. Plus, if you have never seen the show - The American Adventure, PLEASE take the time to go. Unbeatable.

dreamscometrue
03-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Don't forget the Mariachi band in mexico! my mom's favorite!

twinboyz
03-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Lots of good posts here already, but here's my faves.

Check the guide, we caught almost all of them last year.

Mo-Rockin, awesome and yes there is a belly dancer! Very fun! Great Band.

The Drummers in Japan--never miss 'em.:cloud9:

the jugglers/acrobats near France. Always catch that show while drinking a Grand Mariner Slush.

Your lucky to have 2 days there! My vote for best park ever!!:blush:

Iluvtink
03-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Mo'Roccin (in Morocco) is one of our favorites. My husband particularly enjoys the belly dancer. :cool:

We also really enjoy the Worldshowcase Players in UK.

At one point they had a band in Norway too. We enjoyed that one also. But I don't think they were there the last time we went.

natstroop
03-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Wow, I can't wait! We always skip the performers because we're trying to get around before we run out of time. I remember hearing the drums in Japan when we were walking by last time, but we didn't stop to watch. And we've never gone in the stores. It should be a real treat this time. (Well it always is, but a different kind of treat.)

PopPhan
03-26-2012, 11:39 AM
For those talking about the World Showcase Players....Have they stopped doing the show in Italy -- Romeo and Edna?

I know I haven't seen it the past couple trips, but was hoping that it was still being done. I actually enjoyed that one as much, if not more, than the Grail skit in the UK area.

A Big Kid
03-26-2012, 09:37 PM
For those talking about the World Showcase Players....Have they stopped doing the show in Italy -- Romeo and Edna?

I know I haven't seen it the past couple trips, but was hoping that it was still being done. I actually enjoyed that one as much, if not more, than the Grail skit in the UK area.
I think it is a clown-like character named Sergio, now. He rolls in on a small gondola and does some antics with balls and stuff....oh, and with a whistle.....boy does he have a whistle.

biodtl
03-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Honestly, each country has something worth seeing. We always just wander and still manage to catch most of them each trip.

PlutoPlanet
03-27-2012, 12:26 PM
There are lots of good performers, but I'd like to echo the recommendation of the Voices of Liberty in the USA.

KatrinaJ91
03-28-2012, 11:11 AM
We try to see most of them when we are there...our favs:
Sergio (Italy)
Off Kilter (Canada)
Drums in Japan
Waiters in France

ThanxForNoticin
03-28-2012, 12:25 PM
Many great performers and attractions in WS. But Voices of Liberty are the ones we make a special trip to see whenever we visit. Their show is short, but amazing.

DisneyDog
03-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Definitely The Jammitors in Future World. We love those guys. My DH is a drummer, and knows one of the guys (Danny) from his drum corps days. We have been introduced to Paulie, who is the shorter guy who usually raps. He's a nice guy. We hope to see them on Thursday!!

KH
03-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Mariachi Cobre in Mexico. They are terrific players and singers, and it makes me hungry just thinking of them! I had the pleasure of performing with them on an orchestra pops concert (along with Doc Severinsen), and every time we go to WDW we make a point of hearing them and saying hello. Wonderful!

Scar
03-31-2012, 12:25 PM
... in other words, they're all must see.

brad192
03-31-2012, 08:29 PM
Voices of Liberty! :notworth: I've been singing choral music for almost 4 decades, and they are the BEST! It's a line item on my "Bucket List" to sing just one set with them. :D Oh, and I also have all thier CD's...

AmandaChan
03-31-2012, 10:25 PM
I miss the british invasion :(

datacot
04-01-2012, 06:04 AM
the mariachi band @ mexico is my very favourite

Gator
04-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Top of the List: Voice of Liberty. They're incredible.

And a close second would be the World Showcase Players. No matter how many times I see it, I still laugh hard. I think they're off on Mondays and maybe one other day. Check before you go.

The Mariachi Cobre is good for a song or two.

You have to see Fife and Drum in America at least once in your life. After that, you're good.

Skip MoRockin'.

Stick around for a few songs by Off Kilter (and once you get back home, you'll wish you had one of their CDs).

MrPeetrie
04-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Off Kilter is our absolute favorite. (We have two CDs.)

Other must-sees are Mo Rockin' and Matzuriza. (Fife and Drum Corp. get honorable mention.)

Also, try to locate World Showcase Playets. You may get "drafted" into the show.

One other, but I haven't seen them in a while, is the Living Statues.

Enjoy.

mudpuppysmom
04-13-2012, 01:31 PM
EVERY trip we must watch Miyuki!

My son has learned that you show up about 30 minutes before her "show" and you will be picked to participate. Now, she used to hand out her creations to the person who requested it (they are candy lollipops that are both art and candy! -- altho, DS never at ANY of his, he always brought them home). Now, however, Miyuki does not hand them out, she donates them to a childrens hospital cancer ward.

Side note here.....our past trip was the first time we had experienced this new procedure of DS not getting his "lollipop" and when finished Miyuki posed for a picture with DS and he told her he was glad that she was making other kids happy with her candy art and that he himself was a participant in a major fundraiser for cancer research -- they both were happy!:blush:

EeyoresBestFriend
04-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Last time we were there, during the F&W Fest, there was a roving band by Mousegears that were playing kitchen utensils.

They were fabulous to listen to and very entertaining. I just don't know if they are around all the time or not . . . . it was the first time we have ever seen them at Epcot.

LudwigVonDrake
04-13-2012, 06:46 PM
The Voices of Liberty are quite awesome :sing:

brownie
04-14-2012, 11:37 AM
JAMMitors (Future World)
Off Kilter (Canada)
British Revolution (United Kingdom)
Serveur Amusant (France)
Matsuriza (Japan)

MarkC
04-14-2012, 07:09 PM
One interesting story about the Voices of Liberty. My wife and I were there in October and asked one of the male performers what he enjoyed most-- performing or the satisfaction/interaction of the audience. He was stumped and couldn't answer. We went back in February and talked to him again, and he remembered us and the conversation. He said they decided they liked performing better because sometimes the crowd reaction differed. For instance, he said sometimes crowds just didn't react (which I find hard to believe as they're awesome). He said other times, especially in October during the Food and Wine Festival and people have been drinking, the crowds are great and often give standing ovations. However, when performing they are always on. Just a tidbit I hope some of you find interesting.

tjstrike
04-15-2012, 06:13 PM
All that we've seen have been good shows, we'll have to try and catch some that we haven't seen yet. The ones we've watched : French chair balancer, voices of liberty, the german ompa band, the chinesse acrobats, the japanesse drummers and the british invasion. All were good. :thumbsup:

ANG
04-17-2012, 08:17 PM
This was going to be our first trip looking for The British Invasion. How sad:down: