PDA

View Full Version : Bongos. Good? Or Bad?

MrPeetrie
03-23-2012, 11:00 AM
I am about to make our ADRs. My wife is insisting the one place she wants to try this year is Bongos. I went online and read some pretty horrific reviews of the place. Does anyone have an experience with Bongos? We will be traveling with two children, aged 9 and 2. Will that make a difference regarding your recommendations?

Thanks!

mdricks
03-23-2012, 11:27 AM
I had the midnight sandwitch. This is a partcular favorite of mine and Bongos was ok but not spectacular. The mojitos were also only ok.

Given the wide range of top notch choices in wdw I think you could do better.

:number1:

floridamom
03-23-2012, 12:07 PM
After checking out the menu online, we had high hopes, but it was only so-so. We had an ADR and the place was 2/3 empty, but we still waited 15 minutes to be seated. We were there for lunch and when I tried to order a sandwich they told me they were "out" of all the sandwiches. Seriously? I assumed they were out of bread (service was not very chatty/friendly), and tried not to conclude that it was a conspiracy to get us to order more expensive entrees, LOL.

What we did eat was fine, though not memorable. DDs age 9 and 7 were happy ordering from the kids' menu. The atmosphere (other than the lackluster service) was pleasant. I guess we are glad that our curiosity has been satisfied; I doubt we'll ever go back.

Scar
03-23-2012, 12:44 PM
:shrug: I've had dinner there twice and it was good both times. Sat outside once, the other time was inside and it was pretty loud. Give it a shot. I'd eat there again.

DVC2004
03-23-2012, 03:05 PM
I went once with a group of friends. While it wasn't bad, it wasn't great either. I think you can find better places to eat. I remember I ordered a shrimp and rice dish, forget the name, but it was supposed to be spicey shrimp. The shrimp was in a red sauce which I don't believe anyone would have considered "spicey". It was just bland and ordinary. I think I had flan for dessert which was good, but I like flan. I have heard terrible reviews also, but did not have that experience. It was meh for me. The rest of my group felt the same.

BhamWriter
03-23-2012, 04:55 PM
The mojitos were also only ok.

I thought it was mediocre, too, and was especially disappointed that the mojito wasn't better.