PDA

View Full Version : Out of Pocket vs. DP

shortcake311
03-22-2012, 11:45 PM
My husband and I are returning to Disney in October to celebrate our 7th anniversary. Originally, we had the DDP, but recently reduced it to just a DP. Having had all the credits I planned out our ADR's for when my date comes up. I did my little excel sheet with all the info and everything. Unfortunately, because of the dining credit reduction for TS I had to print out the sheet and look over it to see what I wouldn't want to take out. I pulled 2 of our breakfasts, 1 lunch, a dinner show for dinner and 3 other dinner choices.

When we visited in 2008 for our anniversary we went to Medieval Times for our dinner and were going to this year. My husband said he wanted to try something else, since we had done that already. I had Narcoossee as a dinner option and instead moved that to our anniversary dinner, so that will not be taken out. Looking over our options we are at 9 TS credits and only have 7 TS. I was going to pay for a buffet, since they are cheaper, but now I'm a little confused what I should do. I don't want to give up my choices, but am a little lost.

Help? :confused:
Thanks in advance! :)

Breakfast: Chef Mickey (anniversary breakfast) and 'Ohana
Lunch: Chefs de France
Dinner: Garden Grill, Spirit of Aloha, Crystal Palace (MNSSHP) and Narcoossee (anniversary dinner)

VWL Mom
03-23-2012, 07:53 AM
You may want to try looking at the Narcoossee's menu and seeing if that would be better OOP. Of course if you're both having Surf & Turf that wouldn't work but if your more likely to have the grouper (high recommend) or chicken it would work out. This would save 2 TS at once.

lightyearfan
03-23-2012, 08:50 AM
hi, me and my wife were in the same boat last week, we had done the fantasmic dining package at the brown derby, and we didn't have enough ts credits, so we just paid out of pocket, if my memory serves me right we paid out of pocket for via napoli as well, and we still saved around $150 by getting the dp, so imho i would just pay for 1 or 2 meals out of pocket , you will still see that you saved

enjoy your anniversary and trip,

victor

January-2007
03-23-2012, 10:24 AM
I would pay for Spirit of Aloha out of pocket. Happy anniversary!

Airblue1
03-23-2012, 12:27 PM
This was an option we went back and forth with for several months. So basically I sat down with menus and a calculator and here is what I got:
Here are the resturants, the totals are for four total people includes taxes:
Chef Mickey 171
CRT Breakfast 179
Biergarteen 117
Tusker House 108
Le Cellier Lunch 96
Crystal Palace 115
50's Diner 110
Total 898

Total for dining plan 1443
540 from the dining plan cost would be remaining.
Which is about 135 pp for seven days.
Now we also have club level so we shouldn't need anything else to eat.
Even though cost was an issue, flexibility was also. We all drink H2O and prefer apps over dessert.
Either way you are still paying OPP. Just the DP offers more spending structure.