PDA

View Full Version : Episode 31 - The Episode That Never Ends

John
03-22-2012, 10:26 PM
The INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast

The Cast: Melanie, John, Ian, Carol, Gary.

Show notes to be published next week.* Wanted to get this online before the Disney Cruise Line preview cruise.* It’s a whopper of a show clocking in at nearly 2 hours and 21 minutes.

EDIT:
A HUGE Thank you goes out to Amanda for typing up the show notes while John is sailing away ... /cr

Show Notes Here (http://intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=2252139&postcount=16)

Brought to you by:

Magical Journey’s - http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com

The Official Ticket Center - http://www.officialticketcenter.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC

>> LISTEN, DOWNLOAD, LOVE, SHARE... (http://intercot.podbean.com/2012/03/22/episode-31-the-episode-that-never-ends/)

John
03-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Hey all - for now, the link goes to our podcast host, podbean. Will fix next week to direct to our own page. For now, if someone wants to write the shownotes, feel free :)

Wanted to get this up and online tonite and didn't have time to go back and transcribe.

Leave comments here - not on the podbean site.

Quadstriker
03-23-2012, 12:00 AM
It’s a whopper of a show clocking in at nearly 2 hours and 21 minutes.

That's like two podcasts for the price of one! Really getting our money's worth.

dpamac
03-23-2012, 08:52 AM
"The INTERCOT Insider Live: More Talk, Probably Some Filler and 100% More Handwich Than Any Podcast."

It's our motto.

BriarRose0708
03-23-2012, 09:02 AM
I've got to listen ASAP so I can figure out what the heck a Handwich is!

Ian
03-23-2012, 10:09 AM
A sandwich is a sandwich, but a handwich is a meal!

Jim&AngieMarriner
03-23-2012, 10:57 AM
On the subject of the Handwich: Yes I would try it at least once. As long as it wasnt NASTY I would be ok with it. Could eat it and still hold your park map.

BriarRose0708
03-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Didn't Beyonce and Solange Knowles do the Proud Family theme song? I think Christina Milian did Kim Possible "Call Me Beep Me" song. Yes, it's sad I know this. I still enjoyed those shows when I was in high school.

dpamac
03-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Didn't Beyonce and Solange Knowles do the Proud Family theme song? I think Christina Milian did Kim Possible "Call Me Beep Me" song. Yes, it's sad I know this. I still enjoyed those shows when I was in high school.

Gah! You're right! I had the wrong show. Now I'm going to go around saying "Hip Hop Helicopter" all day.

Dopey's Girl
03-23-2012, 12:28 PM
YOU JUST SAID MY NAME!!!! Made my stinking day!!! :thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
03-23-2012, 12:29 PM
:thumbsup: iI am SOOO EXCITED!!! Heading that way to listen to it now! :mickey:

BriarRose0708
03-23-2012, 12:44 PM
A sandwich is a sandwich, but a handwich is a meal!

Now that I've listened to it I am all about the Handwich. Sign me up to make the Chicken Speedie handwich. If I have time this weekend I'll do it!

Edit: I think you struck gold with the breakfast handwich, Gary!

dpamac
03-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Edit: I think you struck gold with the breakfast handwich, Gary!

A cone filled with sausage, bacon and cheese? I can't see how it could possibly not be a hit. I'd be double fisting those puppies while having the sludge pumped out of my arteries.

Disney Doll
03-23-2012, 02:03 PM
1. I love the Andy Rooney references! The similarity just can't be ignored.

2. I would never eat a handwhich. :sick: I also will not eat hot pockets so maybe I'm just picky, but ew.

3. I love the long podcast. I would listen no matter how long. Thanks guys!

Dopey's Girl
03-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Handwich...Sign me up! That sounds delicious! Ham and cheese would be heaven!

Another great podcast. Best way to end my work week. Especially since my cube mates are off today...I got to laugh in peace without all the crazy looks!

diz_girl
03-23-2012, 05:46 PM
The Cast – John Yaglenski, Carol Robert, Gary O’Brien, Ian Mitchell and Melanie Bounds.

- Catching up with the cast

- Storybook Circus soft opening – Mel gushes over how great it looks, including the bathrooms. Carol proposes a Meet at Disneyland and only ride the extinct WDW and Disneyland-only rides, also takes credit for the Carollwood train station name.

- Disney Fantasy press event – Ian gives his review, is starstruck by Jerry Seinfeld

- John gets an invitation to the Disney Fantasy preview cruise

- Agent P taking over Kim Possible Showcase Adventure at EPCOT - Ian does his Dr. Doofenshmirtz impression

- Mel gives her Flower & Garden festival update

- Another lament over the state of park merchandise

- Mel gives her One More Disney Day update.

- Carol shares her Disneyland trip, after she has to unplug & plug

- INTERCOT Best of – Ride Music, past or present (suggested by me, yay!): Carol - COP – Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow; Ian channels Andy Rooney again, then chooses – POTC -Yo Ho (A Pirate’s Life for Me); Gary – HM –Grim Grinning Ghosts (the funky guitar version); Mel – Soarin’; John – Horizons – New Horizons

- How did EPCOTs Future World lose its way?

- Last week’s ‘Best of - Ride Vehicle’ feedback (I got another shout out, yay!)

- John & Ian TV show challenge

- Wifi implementation at resorts is complete

- Carol shares park hours & rehabs, after she has to unplug & plug again

- The Handwich may prompt Gary to finally visit Disneyland

- Free Dining offers are now out

- New Duffy Jedi Costume - John may get one for his naked Duffy

- Everyone’s Favorite Column, Gary’s Column, is NCAA Bracket challenged, and thankfully survived St. Patrick’s Day revelers.

- John promises lots of tweets and pictures from his Disney Fantasy cruise

- Constipated John pictures taken by Gary go viral

- Handwich recipe suggestions abound

Melanie
03-23-2012, 06:03 PM
Wow Amanda!!! Now that's dedication. Thanks! :thumbsup:

I'm sure John will go with your "best of" suggestion every time if you promise to do the show notes for him. :secret: ;)

dpamac
03-23-2012, 06:23 PM
- Constipated John pictures taken by Gary go viral

I love you. :hug:

darthmacho
03-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Two hours and twenty minutes?! Awesome! That will get me through a whole quarter of my work shift tonight. Thank you very much! :thumbsup:

Ian
03-23-2012, 09:07 PM
1. I love the Andy Rooney references! The similarity just can't be ignored.Didja ever wonder why some people get picked on for sounding like Andy Rooney? :old:

Ian
03-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Two hours and twenty minutes?! Awesome! That will get me through a whole quarter of my work shift tonight. Thank you very much! :thumbsup:Yes and once again you feature a prominent role in one of our segments.

As John says, that's three episodes in a row. You're now banned. ;)

Melanie
03-23-2012, 09:21 PM
I love you. :hug:

Not sure how much of this John left in (haven't listened yet), but it was hilarious watching the guys go at it about these pics. The five of us have admin rights on the INTERCOT Facebook page, so one would put it up and another would take it down. Another went up, and then someone else would take it down, and so on and son on. It was quite the power struggle. :funny:

Ian
03-23-2012, 10:47 PM
It was quite the power struggle. :funny:Well I don't know how much of a power struggle it was ... I tried to keep up, but John has all the power.

He is, after all, the MCP. ;)

diz_girl
03-23-2012, 11:52 PM
I'm sure John will go with your "best of" suggestion every time if you promise to do the show notes for him. :secret: ;)

:plot:

Although John may never again suggest anyone else write up the show notes after the constipated picture mention.

darthmacho
03-24-2012, 03:05 AM
First off, great podcast! I just listened to it while in work, so the fact that it was long was much appreciated. I've noticed a vast improvement lately, particularly the last three episodes, though I can't put a finger on why. ;)
Speaking of three, that makes three in a row, which means I scored a turkey! :turkey:
Now you can ban me if you want, just don't blame me when ratings go down.:D
As far as the Handwich is concerned: challenge accepted.
I like the idea of a Jedi Duffy. I'm going to have to get one, turn it to the Dark Side, and make it Darth Macho's apprentice, Darth Duffy.

Btw, My favorite ride music is the Splash Mountain Medley.
Once again, thanks for the podcast!:mickey:

Melanie
03-24-2012, 07:24 AM
Speaking of three, that makes three in a row, which means I scored a turkey! :turkey:

Or you're out! ;)

Ian
03-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Or you're out! ;)Yes. This. :D

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
03-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Had me laughing - had to quit listening during my ball game (Kentucky beating Indiana)....

Favorite Ride Music - Honestly Its more Show than ride - what pops into my mind is the Kitchen Kabert's Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit because my brother, sister and I (and our mother) spent the car ride BACK to Upstate SC (about 8 hrs) driving my father completely insane singing this song.

But for total immersion of the ride - the sound track from Soarin'. But I'm a band geek and that appeals to me.

dpamac
03-24-2012, 09:50 AM
I like the idea of a Jedi Duffy. I'm going to have to get one, turn it to the Dark Side, and make it Darth Macho's apprentice, Darth Duffy.

I see great potential in this. Maybe that's my block when it comes to Duffy. Too pure and innocent. However if he turns to the dark side and becomes a Sith....Then again, maybe he's secretly Mandalorian and I can get him to become a bounty hunter.

Melanie
03-24-2012, 01:15 PM
He is, after all, the MCP. ;)

:drum:

Although John may never again suggest anyone else write up the show notes after the constipated picture mention.

You weren't the first to bring it up, so I wouldn't worry. ;)

And yes, everyone please remember to mention your favorite ride music. :music:

PirateLover
03-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Mel, I haven't been there in person yet but from the pics, I can totally understand why you were impressed by those bathrooms! The building looks beautiful. I love that style,

For ride music, I have to go with Darth, Splash Mountain medley hands down.(Sensing a theme here? Fun fact! I tried to register as SplashLover but it was already taken). Pirates and Haunted Mansion are tied for second.

finaldynasty
03-24-2012, 07:41 PM
One of my favorite podcast...so good I tweeted it! Thanks for the entertainment. Ya'll had me wanting a Handwich...I would love a corn beef hash and egg breakfast Handwich with a side of grits!

Ride music- Has to be Pirates...though I do like Carosel.

Keep up the good work!

:mickey:

AgentC
03-25-2012, 10:22 AM
Loved the extra long format. It kept me entertained while slaving away at work. You guys can talk as long as you want and I'll be listening :D

A few thoughts -

One More Disney Day- Boy I am never go to live down that picture. :blush: It's funny because I wasn't tired at all when it was taken. Just caught mid blink. After watching Trista and Jeff play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom that night, we tried a few weeks later. Really fun.

Storybook Circus- I took my daughter on the new Dumbo last week and she loved. I really like the water feature. She also rode Barnstormer and loved that.

Agent P- We are in the excited for this camp. John, you definitely have to catch up with Phineas and Ferb.

Very jealous of John's cruise and Carol's Disneyland trip. Both are on my wish list.

Ride music- It used to be COP's music for me until we got stuck on the ride and listened to it about 25 times. So I am going to go with Pirates of the Caribbean.

Thanks for an entertaining show!

DizneyFreak2002
03-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Just finished the episode... If WDW sold the handwich, yea, I'd totally give one a try...

As for favorite ride theme song, one no one mentioned: the original Journey Into Your Imagination's One Little Spark, sung by Dreamfinder...

Actually, I could list really any song from the Epcot... Before my last road trip, in 2009, I made it a goal to find Epcot theme songs and make a CD.. Well, I would up with my own personalized 3 CD set... :) Epcot has the best, or at least HAD the best attraction theme songs ever...

TinkerbellT421
03-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Great podcast!!! I love the long ones. It helps my days at work :D Do more like these more often! PRETTY PLEASEEEEEEE. Have you guys ever thought about doing special "guest" appearances with some of the members here? I think that would be fun. Do like "surprise special guests"!

Ian, I can totally picture you riding your daughter's bike, with the little pink basket in the front whistling along!! LOL

TinkerbellT421
03-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Mel, how exactly does one, "ride a toilet" :fresh:
I love your response to the guys "You boys and your potty humor" lol!! Mel, the head twit enjoys riding toilets.....hmmm interesting....lol

Carol, I would totally visit Carol-Wood!! It would be a great place!

And hey!! I like Nancy Grace! lol (I know I know she can be a little much at times) haha Please don't hold it against me!

The COP date dial has been gone the past two years. It was missing on DBF and I's trip in January 2011, and haven't seen it back since :( We used to take a picture in front of it every year so 2011 was the first year it went missing. We were a little scared it was a sign of them closing it down because that was the first time we ever saw the date not there. The dial is there but if you look closely you can see they just have like a plastic cover up thing where the date goes. If you look close you can see the slight color difference. So it is still there, they just aren't showing the date for some reason. But I always found the date to be an important part of the actual show, why would they just cover it up out of nowhere? :(

DisneyKim22
03-26-2012, 10:06 AM
I TOTALLY remember the Handwich!! In fact, I used to look forward to it each trip (lame, I know). The Land food court was the place to get them. The BEST was the chicken salad Handwich. Then they got rid of the chicken salad and the Handwich, and that was the start of the decline in quality at the food court. All you need to do to make one at home today is buy pita bread, roll it up in a cone shape and fill it. I guess you could stick a toothpick in it to keep it from unrolling (it is recommended not to eat the toothpick).

BEST OF RIDE MUSIC - Gotta go with the ORIGINAL Journey to Imagination. That song was even more catchy than IASW!

Love the podcasts!! They just keep getting funnier and funnier each time. LOVE you guys!!

SBETigg
03-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Oh cool, I scored a mention too. :cool:
Feeling awesome. Can't wait to hear about the cruise.

Ride music... thinking, thinking... I do miss the Now Is the Time from Carousel of Progress too. It's not the original, maybe, but it was the first one I heard in '81, and the one that was playing when I got stuck there during my honeymoon (1990). But that's not my favorite. My favorite is Pirates of the Caribbean. It sets the tone and puts you in the mood to party with the pirates. And how about Twilight Zone Tower of Terror? The most significant thing with it is not just the music, but when the music and sound stops and- silence- you know you're about to drop.

By the way, there is a place in NYC selling pizza cones, which sound suspiciously like handwiches. It's pizza sauce, cheese, toppings, in a baked dough cone.

Ian
03-26-2012, 08:31 PM
But I always found the date to be an important part of the actual show, why would they just cover it up out of nowhere? :(My guess? They didn't want to have to pay a Cast Member to change the thing once a year. ;)

Ian, I can totally picture you riding your daughter's bike, with the little pink basket in the front whistling along!! LOLTo help enhance the imagery, here's a pic of the bike itself:

Disney Hungarian
03-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Best ride music: RnRC starring Aerosmith. Name says it all. "Sweet Emotion" is my fave.

TinkerbellT421
03-26-2012, 09:48 PM
My guess? They didn't want to have to pay a Cast Member to change the thing once a year. ;)

To help enhance the imagery, here's a pic of the bike itself:

True story @ the not having to pay a cm once a year!!

lol lol @ the bike pic!! thanks for the visual!! haha I have my old pink and purple polka dot mountain bike from my teen years if you want it? lol :thumbsup:

PopPhan
03-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Hey, hey!!! Another shout out (2 podcasts in a row!!)...I guess I had better watch my responses...don't want "strike 3" like DarthMacho!! :D ...and a shout out to our "local" band 'LIVE'!! Thanks, Ian!!

I work with Chad Taylor's step-father...Very cool to talk with him about how the boys are doing and what's next on their agenda...They are currently working on revamping an old warehouse into offices and a sound studio for recording area talent. Giving back to the community where they were raised.

Now, I STILL need to finish this episode...about 30 minutes to go....

Favorite ride music.....That's a tough one....The whole soundtrack to the Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Soarin', Rock 'N Rollercoaster...Individual songs from CoP ("There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow"), Journey Into Imagination With Figment ("I-ma-gin-a-tion")...All these bring instant smiles to my face.

PopPhan
03-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Finally finished listening to the podcast...

Wow guys, and gals.....Getting a little obsessed with the Handwich, are we? :D

It should be relatively easy to create a handwich that doesn't leak....They do have bread bowls for soups, should be easy enough to put this same idea to work for the handwich cone....

And...haven't you all heard of wraps????? ;) Sure, they use tortillas for those, but same basic idea...

Yes, I would buy a handwich at a Disney Park...or anywhere else, for that matter. Love Ian's Buffalo Chicken Handwich idea...DW would take the Corned Beef Reuben...

Keep up the fun!!! Thanks for the laughs!!

...and...we're out!

TinkerbellT421
03-27-2012, 09:06 AM
YAY!!! I GOT A SHOUT OUT!!!! :cloud9:

You guys are the best :) I have been having to listen to it in pieces because I have been listening at work so this morning I was like okay I am finally finishing listening! And I just heard a shout out to little ol' me :) Love you guys!!!

Septbride2002
03-27-2012, 09:23 AM
I get one more mention and then I'm out ;) I will be honored to be banned from podcast with Darth! :cloud9:

Ian - You HAVE to watch SyFy's BSG! We started watching it thinking we wouldn't like it -5 seasons finished in under 30 days - we would watch 3 to 4 episodes a night because you just HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!!! It is all sorts of awesome!

FAVORITE RIDE MUSIC:
I have to say Star Tours. Grew up watching the movies and the music is such a big part of the films that to ride a ride and hear that music really makes you feel like you are in the center of the movie.

Great Podcast! Laughed out loud at the potty humor in the beginning.

~Amanda

lwith58
03-27-2012, 09:58 AM
When I heard what the “Best of” topic was going to be my quick response was Horizons and then Soarin. Not only New Horizons which is great but I loved the complete soundtrack for the attraction it was so rich and deep from start to finish it felt epic to me. I believe the Soarin soundtrack is the best they have come up with since the original music created for the various attractions at EPCOT Center.

Not Disney related but podcast related since BSG got so much air time…30± years ago as a young teen my parents let me name the new family dog, I chose Adama.

Hey that’s a sweet ride Ian I bet your daughter is the envy of the neighborhood, once you let her have a turn of course.

TinkerbellT421
03-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Gary mentioned restaurants that don't open on Mondays! It's so true!!! They are mostly Italian restaurants out here that don't open on Mondays, DBF gets so mad when he is craving something and then he says "You dang Italians never work on Monday's, what's up with that?" Me being Italian I laugh and say we are usually hung over from eating so much food on Sunday family dinners that we cannot even think about food the following day!

Ian, we love the Boardwalk too! It's such a hidden gem I think because there is so much to do there at night. DBF and I have been picked a couple times for the shows that go on. DBF is usually always picked, he has that face I guess where the actor's look at him and always say "YOU!" haha that and I always volunteer him, he hates that lol.

When you guys first mentioned the Handwich I thought OMG a breakfast Handwich sounds delicious right now, then you guys even thought about it at the end. First of all, anything with bacon and cheese is a okay in my book! I have a picture on Facebook that shows a store sign over an isle that says "Isle 8, Beer, Bacon & Cheese" and then the caption says, don't ask me what is in the other Isle's I never noticed! haha. Imagine you guys owning one of those carts? Offer every type of Handwich you can think of and then offer John's Cherry Churro's for desert! mmmmmmmm yummy! :eat: I think my favorite handwich would be for breakfast and would be, egg, cheddar cheese and that fake dunkin donut's type sausage it's so oily and gross but oh so yummy!!

When you guys were talking about all the possibilities all I could think of was Forrest Gump and Bubba saying "Shrimp Gumbo, Shrimp this, shrimp that" Mel, you were so funny with the Seinfeld references, everyday DBF and I can think of atleast one Seinfeld episode to compare to the day and what has been said or happened! lol

My Bracket was shot after the first round :( I threw mine out after the second day, I have been in last place since I started haha!! DBF (aka DIsneyCrackHead, don't ask, he's an odd one).....He somehow managed to sneek up there. If only he would post here on the boards more often :cool: That should be part of the deal, he can only win if he promises to post more, he is hysterical with comebacks, you guys would have fun with him.

TinkerbellT421
03-27-2012, 11:58 AM
I forgot to post this, at first I was thinking my favorite ride music would be Pirates, but then I remembered this was my first trip getting to ride Splash Mountain and I enjoyed the ride music there! It was very upbeat and something about it made get in a super mood! :cloud9: And then it was stuck in my head for the rest of the day!! lol

So, my favorite ride music is Splash Mountain :mickey:

Jim&AngieMarriner
03-27-2012, 12:12 PM
For my favorite ride music I wish i could think of something off the wall and be a Hipster like I am sure John will. However I am going to go old school and say Peter Pans Flight. "You can Fly" always make me happy and since its in there I have to go with it.

diz_girl
03-27-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm really torn about this. While I do love 'Yo Ho' from POTC and 'Imagination' from JIYI, I'm going to choose something not already mentioned, but another Sherman Brothers Classic. Drum roll, please. The best/favorite ride music for me is 'The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room.' I mean, it's got Thurl Ravenscroft, what else do you need? The Tiki Room was the first attraction my youngest DS was ever on and when my eldest DS saw it for the first time in November, he said "Mommy, this is the best show EVER!"

Quadstriker
03-27-2012, 01:43 PM
A handwich has potential for this reason:

There desperately needs to be a cart breakfast option open the minute the park opens to the public. On our last trip, we didn't eat breakfast before heading to the park, and due to not eating, my energy was way down and I didn't feel well. I needed to eat something! There is NOTHING open for food right when MK opens. After circumnavigating the park, we found out that at least I could get a dole whip (ah dole whip, is there anything you can't do?). A breakfast handwich cart would be a bazillion dollar maker.

I'll go with a sleeper selection for best of ride music since all the obvious ones have been said. How about the music while on California Screamin? There's something about that music on a roller coaster that just makes you wanna go "Woooooooooo!" This selection has the added bonus of another opportunity to point out how O'Brien has never heard the music while on the California Screamin roller coaster, for you see, Gary O'Brien has never been to the California parks! Bwahahahaa!

Here's a picture of Johnny Fedora and Alice Bluebonnet hanging out with the Mad Hatter.

Melanie
03-27-2012, 04:39 PM
This selection has the added bonus of another opportunity to point out how O'Brien has never heard the music while on the California Screamin roller coaster, for you see, Gary O'Brien has never been to the California parks! Bwahahahaa!

Okay, this is just classic. Not only does Gary catch it from his ICOT family, but his REAL family gives him heck as well. Love it!

But actually Jeff, this is an excellent selection for attraction music. I love, love California Screamin' and can listen to that track and know exactly where it is on the ride. I love the climbing music and then how it picks up at the drop. In fact, I love the whole DCA soundtrack. Great music from Soarin' (of course), The Bakery Theme, Seasons of the Vine, etc. :thumbsup:

Great pic of you guys with your hats. Still so embarrassed I didn't know. ;)

I'm going to size down the pic to fit the forums. :)

dpamac
03-27-2012, 08:57 PM
I hate all of you.

dpamac
03-27-2012, 09:00 PM
The Johnny Fedora and Alice Blue Bonnet short is on YouTube, by the way. Very easy to find. I swear you guys will all do a face palm when you realize that you're familiar with them.

TinkerbellT421
03-27-2012, 09:07 PM
The Johnny Fedora and Alice Blue Bonnet short is on YouTube, by the way. Very easy to find. I swear you guys will all do a face palm when you realize that you're familiar with them.

I knew exactly what you guys were talking about, I was obsessed with that cartoon when I was a kid lol

Ian
03-27-2012, 09:39 PM
The Johnny Fedora and Alice Blue Bonnet short is on YouTube, by the way. Very easy to find. I swear you guys will all do a face palm when you realize that you're familiar with them.Yeah, it's from Make Mine Music. I actually have never seen that film, so I was right ... I don't know it. ;)

lettripp
03-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Currently blushing from the shout out. Love you guys and love listening to these. Thanks again for another entertaining podcast! You all sound like you're having so much fun all the time!

I think that was Carol who was right about the pronunciation - Let Tripp :-) Tripp is my maiden name... Not a reference to long car rides to WDW, but points for creativity! :thumbsup: Also completely loving the reference to our BSG quotes from the last podcast thread! Ian you HAVE to watch BSG. It is ADDICTING and AMAZING. I was resistant at first, but then we too watched 3-4 episodes a day until we finished the series. Also, they Cylon's don't look like toasters!

My favorite ride music is on Splash Mountain. The second the banjo twang starts after the first little splash, you know you're in The World and nothing else matters. It is so ridiculously immersive in that moment - hence being my fav!

Can't wait for the next episode :mickey:

HighSpeedLowDrag
03-27-2012, 10:45 PM
I eat handwiches all the time, especially bacon, egg, and cheese. Only they are called kolaches in Texas and rather than being in a cone it is more like everything is baked in a sandwich roll/bun. But same idea; one- handed mess free meal. Sometimes they are more like a hotdog cooked in a bun, or they can be stuffed with really anything from Philly Cheesesteak to chicken enchilada. Maybe it is more like a hotpocket than the coldcut ice cream cone y'all are describing. But it certainly isn't nasty like a hotpocket.

Quadstriker
03-28-2012, 01:23 AM
The podcast reminded of a funny moment on our trip early this month when Starryice woke up sounding like she had a frog in her throat. Really low and gravelly sounding voice. So of course, I asked her if she would do me a small favor and say a line for me.

"It's not a board room fellas."

She obliged and I laughed for a good 30 seconds. :thedolls:

The unfunny part: She got sick for like 2 weeks. Then I got sick for like 10 days. But at the onset "It's not a board room fellas" brought laughter to all... err... me.

Ian
03-28-2012, 08:02 AM
But at the onset "It's not a board room fellas" brought laughter to all... err... me.You shoulda been there. The appearance of the utterer added to the humor. ;)

dpamac
03-28-2012, 08:21 AM
Really. It wasn't a board room. Because if it were I would have fired her, had her escorted from the building by my security goons and thrown out on the sidewalk. :thedolls:

dpamac
03-28-2012, 08:23 AM
Yeah, it's from Make Mine Music. I actually have never seen that film, so I was right ... I don't know it. ;)

That is why you fail.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg25/scaled.php?server=25&filename=yoda1.jpg&res=medium

Melanie
03-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Really. It wasn't a board room. Because if it were I would have fired her, had her escorted from the building by my security goons and thrown out on the sidewalk. :thedolls:

How dare you interrupt Voices of Liberty? ;)

dpamac
03-28-2012, 09:08 AM
How dare you interrupt Voices of Liberty? ;)

Here's the thing. We weren't! We were in a corner of the rotunda, not even under the dome, on a bench in a corner. To give an example look at this photo. We were even FURTHER to the left of the red arrow. Plus we were calling our families, not yelling at each other. The singers weren't even facing us. We were behind them. Plus we were so tired and hoarse from Jellyrolls the night before that there was no way we could have made any noise. So, therefore: Nyah, nyah, nyah, neener!

I rest my case.

AgentC
03-28-2012, 09:20 AM
Plus we were so tired and hoarse from Jellyrolls the night before that there was no way we could have made any noise. So, therefore: Nyah, nyah, nyah, neener!

I rest my case.

:funny: If you are this funny online, I can't imagine "real" life. ICOT15 can't get here soon enough.

Drachengeist
03-28-2012, 11:34 AM
I cant believe as big a bunch of Disneyphiles that also love the TTA never knew what a handwich was!

I first saw them in early to mid 80s in the magic kingdom. The counter service restraunt tucked underneath where the Peoplemover is, sold the Handwich for ages.

No it is not a pita wrap its a long hard roll cut in half then the soft center of the bun is cut /hollowed out to make room for filling. This leaves a bun that is completely closed on one end (the filling cannot squeeze out that end and no juices drip). you just gnaw down the open end. If they dont offer them now, all I can figure is that it was too labor intensive. Cut the loaf, stick the knife into the open end and cut a large cone of bread free and pull it out, put multiple small scoops of filling into the hollowed out bun to fill it up, THEN wrap and serve.

The most popular ones around my house when we make them use a 12" baguette cut in half and hollowed then stuffed with chicken salad or egg salad. Some of the alternatives you guys mentions sound REALLY good as well.

dpamac
03-28-2012, 01:48 PM
:funny: If you are this funny online, I can't imagine "real" life. ICOT15 can't get here soon enough.

Like most things I'm more interesting on the Internet.

ryca1dreams
03-29-2012, 08:47 AM
Always good stuff.

Favorite ride music : The Jeremy Irons version music of Spaceship Earth. It is very atmosphereic, follows the story, and like POTC and Haunted Mansion, the main theme follows throughout. The new version is pretty bland.

wildernesslady
03-31-2012, 02:16 PM
Finally got to listsen to the entire podcast. Thanks for another great one.

For favorite music, I love Impression de France. For rides, I would have to go with Pirates or Carousel.

Also, I have a best of idea. How about your favorite WS country?

Melanie
03-31-2012, 02:53 PM
For favorite music, I love Impression de France.

That's a really good one, and definitely counts since we said "attraction" music. I have a particular affinity for the Impressiones de France soundtrack. My mother loved it the times we went to Epcot together, and also, after Beauty and the Beast came out, I couldn't help but notice the similarities in music from the two (I think it's the very first 'track' in Impressiones).

wildernesslady
03-31-2012, 07:23 PM
That's a really good one, and definitely counts since we said "attraction" music. I have a particular affinity for the Impressiones de France soundtrack. My mother loved it the times we went to Epcot together, and also, after Beauty and the Beast came out, I couldn't help but notice the similarities in music from the two (I think it's the very first 'track' in Impressiones).

It is actually my middle daughters ringtone. Belle is her favorite princess. Also, after a long July day in the parks with my grandson, we stopped in France for a Grand Marnier slushy. It made us both feel so much better.

Bass T-bone
04-02-2012, 08:37 AM
Favorite ride music eh?

I liked the old El Rio del Tiempo music...

and John, how about...

"If You Had Wings" from Tomorrowland?

BriarRose0708
04-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Impression de France.

I second that! It's a great medley of French composers. I actually choreographed a ballet piece to half of the soundtrack when I taught at the local dance studio because the music is so beautiful.

John
04-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Favorite ride music eh?

I liked the old El Rio del Tiempo music...

and John, how about...

"If You Had Wings" from Tomorrowland?

Good ones....