PDA

View Full Version : Tonga Toast

zipadeedoodah
03-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Okay, so this probably sounds like a silly question...especially with how many times I've been to WDW. However, I have never had Tonga Toast, and I always hear so much about it. It's toast with bananas...is that correct? And is it only available at breakfast at Poly? Can you use a snack credit on it?

I'd really like to try it on our trip in September, I think - to see what all the fuss is about! :mickey:

wdwfansince75
03-22-2012, 04:22 PM
It is on the menu at Kona Cafe, as a breakfast entre', so it takes a table service credit there (or OOP)...but it is also available at Capt Cooks, and can be purchased for a Counter Service credit...do not believe it is available at either location as a snack item...Best deal is as a CS credit item at Capt Cooks..or either location, Out of Pocket.

SBETigg
03-22-2012, 04:41 PM
It's a cinnamon-sugar-coated deep fried (used to be deep fried, might just be pan fried or baked now, not sure) very thick French toast sort of concoction stuffed with banana. It's good, but it's not a "gotta have it" thing for my family. I do think you should try it once, if you have the chance.

Bethanymouse
03-22-2012, 05:02 PM
We enjoy it but we kind of split one! My husband usually orders the tonga and I usually get the macademia nut pancakes and we share!

zipadeedoodah
03-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Great, thanks for the info! I think we'll probably try it at Cpt Cook's then! (all of our table service credits have already been spoken for!) I love bananas, so I should probably really enjoy this!

Fastpasssteve
03-23-2012, 04:39 AM
It is particularly sweet and rich and delicious. I have often had breakfast there with a friend. He gets something savory, I get the Tonga Toast. We share each other's meal, so we get a bit of both worlds and don't end up in sugar coma.

Tinkerbella16
03-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Tonga Toast is amazing! Definately should try it at least once.. I can never finish the whole thing because its too much, so we usually share. The strawberry sauce they give you to dribble over it is sooooooo good! Kona is a must do every trip for me, even if I'm alone I will make it a point to eat there. Enjoy! :mickey:

RBrooksC
03-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Tonga Toast, French Press Kona Coffee (whole carafe to myself), Tropical Fruit Punch beverage. Great way to start the morning.