PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with the Menus

Ricbr
03-22-2012, 10:31 AM
I leave on April 1st (10 Days!!!) and I think I have some nice places picked out. Since I am down there for work but my wife is joining me we decided to try and stay out of the parks (With the exception of Epcot for one evening). We are staying at the Contemporary and are already checked in. Anxiously waiting for the days to count down.

We are going to hit the following to eat...

California Grill - Sunday night at 9pm hopefully for Fireworks

Ohana's on Monday night at 9 for more fireworks hopefully

Rose and Crown on Tuesday at 6

Flying Fish Cafe on Wednesday at 5:30
We plan on walking to Jelly Rolls for a night cap

My main question is what is the must have item at these places....I know Ohana's as I have been there before...you get what they give you. But what does everyone recommend trying at the other places? Any good recommendations...or items to stay away from?

Thanks!

MOJoe
03-22-2012, 11:19 AM
The pork tenderloin at the Cali Grill is the only entree that has never been removed from the menu. The sushi is good there too.
At Flying Fish, the potato wrapped snapper is a favorite.
Enjoy. :mickey:

Fastpasssteve
03-23-2012, 04:46 AM
I have favorites at California Grill:

I love the goat cheese ravioli, the salad with the rock shrimp, and the pork tenderloin with the goat cheese polenta.

If I might be so daring, I highly suggest eating at Boma (located at the Animal Kingdom Lodge) for either breakfast or dinner. That is one place I never skip when visiting WDW.

Ricbr
03-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Thanks.

I have eaten at Boma in the past (only once) and we did enjoy it a lot. Our kids went with us (Ages 9, 5, and 1 year old) they all loved the food. We were very surprised how willing they were to try new things.

We decided to skip out on Boma this time though. We never tried the places listed above with the exception of OHana's....we loved it so much there that we had to go back. We figured we would try newer places for us with the other stops.

Great suggestion though!

hauntedmansiongirl
03-24-2012, 02:57 AM
We love the Oak Fired Filet of Beef at Cali Grill! So amazing!! The beef melts in your mouth! The flatbreads are great too! Make sure you find out the fireworks time and go at least 30-45 minutes beforehand!

We always get the fish and chips at Rose & Crown. So yummy!

Never been to Flying Fish Cafe, so I can't comment on that one.

Have a great time- so jealous that you are staying at the Contemporary. It is one of my DH dreams to stay in a MK view Tower room but so far finances have prohibited it from happening. Just slightly off topic- do you know off hand what your convention rate is???

:mickey:

Ricbr
03-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Thanks...I think I will try the Oak Fired Filet at the Cali....been eyeing that one up :)

The Fireworks are at 10pm so we should be good to see them...hopefully we can get a table near the window.

The resort rate for a convention is 218 per night...It looks like it saves about $100 from the regular rate (Garden Wing, Standard View). I was fortunate that my company pays the room rate for the week so I dont have to pay a dime....if they didnt I wouldnt be able to afford it either.

hauntedmansiongirl
03-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Wow- that's a great rate!! I'm going to have to join a convention to stay at CR one day!! :mickey: