PDA

View Full Version : What is the BEST tour offered?

waymickey
03-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Last visit my DD and DH did the keys to the kingdom tour and really liked it. We are looking for another tour this trip . I would like to know which tours are really worth the cost.

We are considering the trek in AK, it is a steep price but I heard it is worth it. Are there other tours just as good with a lower price tag?

Mackflava99
03-22-2012, 09:34 AM
I have done a few :
1.) The AK trek is awesome ! I did it on a work trip to Orlando without my family, but either way, i had a tremendous time.
But i agree it is expensive. ( But worth it)

2.) Keys to the Kingdom is great too, but younger children cannot attend. I really enjoyed it. i did it with my dad, he had a great time too. My wife stayed with the kids so she wants to go on our next visit.

3.) I have also done the Behind the Seeds tour in Epcot, very inexpensive, but alot of fun.

4.) I have done both Segway tours, the Epcot one and the Fort Wilderness one. Both are very good, I liked the Fort Wilderness one better because it was more free form, but you can't beat roaming thru Epcot.

5.) We did the the fishing excursion from the Beach club, my family and i caught about 36 bass in the lake where they do Illuminations.
The guide we had was great.

6.) Finally, I have done the dive tour at Living seas 4 times now, that is a terrific experience.

Hopefully that helps

Airblue1
03-22-2012, 11:21 AM
We have done a couple and truly enjoyed each tour
1. Keys to the Kingdom was very informative.
2. Sunset Safari at AKL was unique and the animals are very playful, plus Boma Dinner makes it grande!
3. Seas Tour at Epcot was my favorite I can snorkel all day in that tank.
The others were Christmas tours.
But we found each to be very Disney in each way and would do them all again!

E-OR
03-22-2012, 03:58 PM
My kids did the Segway Tour at EPCOT and really enjoyed it. My oldest said that he learned some interesting things about the countries that he did not know (plus riding the segway was fun!)

Main Street Jim
03-22-2012, 06:18 PM
If you have kids over the age of 10...I recommend the "Behind the Magic of Our Steam Trains" tour. It takes up about 4 hours in the morning at Magic Kingdom. You'll meet up with an Engineer or Conductor who will tell you all about Walt's love of trains and why each park (well, the Magic Kingdoms) has a steam train around it. You'll get to go "backstage" to the roundhouse behind the park and watch the morning crew fire up a full-scale live steam train. You'll then come back up to Main Street Station and learn some more about the four steam locomotives and how they were acquired.

Last I knew, it was about $58 plus tax.

TWO BIG :thumbsup: for this one :)