PDA

View Full Version : Skype question

Mr. Brass Bonanza
03-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Yesterday I added someone as my contact on Skype. I thought it would be something like Facebook, where the person had to accept it, but right away the person was listed on my contact list. So that makes it seem like you can add anyone at all as a contact. But tonight, I have a note saying the person "has shared contact information" with me. So what exactly does this mean? Did this person add me as a contact, also...or is sharing contact information a completely different thing?

Thanks!

BrerGnat
03-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Yeah, basically, when you "add" a contact on Skype, nothing happens until that person "adds" you too. It's similar to Facebook friend requesting, but there's less feedback from Skype about it. Like, you don't get an email notification or anything. Anyone who adds you as a contact will appear in your list next time you sign into Skype, and you just need to confirm it.

Mr. Brass Bonanza
03-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Interesting. When I added him as a contact, there was just a question mark next to his status. Now I see either whether he's online or offline. Does that mean he confirmed me adding him as a contact?

BrerGnat
03-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Yes. He confirmed you.