PDA

View Full Version : Will my friend be able to get the DDP?

laprana
03-21-2012, 09:50 AM
I have a friend who is going to WDW next September with a large group, a total of 6-8 family members. She has a cousin who is a CM, and he has booked a 2-bedroom villa for them at OKW as a room only reservation. My friend and her husband are both AP holders, but no one else in their group has an AP, so they will be buying park tickets separately. My friend wants to add the DDP to the room, but she's not sure that she will be able to because 1) They don't have a package booked, and 2) The room was booked through a CM with a CM discount. Does anyone know if they would be able to add the DDP to their reservation? They aren't trying to get Free Dining, so they are planning on paying for the DDP. I know that AP holders can add the DDP without having to purchase tickets as a package, but does that have to be done through the Passholder website or anything? They really want to have the DDP while they are there, but she's just not sure if she can add it, and I wasn't sure either! Help?!? :blush:

Scar
03-21-2012, 10:04 AM
I don't know the answer, but have you considered Tables in Wonderland? You may be better off, especially with a group that big and if some drink alcohol.

laprana
03-21-2012, 10:09 AM
I did mention TIW to her as an alternative, but she really has her heart set on the DDP. She might be more receptive to it, though, if she finds out that they really can't add the DDP to their reservation!

dizneydeb22
03-21-2012, 11:26 AM
She should really speak to the CM who booked her room. My family was going to go this route last year, but if you book through a CM, CM has to be present to receive the DDP. However, there are a few times during friends and family discounts that it is possible to book the DDP with out the CM being present on the vacation. I'm sure the CM can clear this up for her.

HackLaSalle
03-21-2012, 11:57 AM
A CM can book you your discount without accompanying you on the trip?

Scar
03-21-2012, 02:26 PM
I did mention TIW to her as an alternative, but she really has her heart set on the DDP. She might be more receptive to it, though, if she finds out that they really can't add the DDP to their reservation!Then tell her she can't. ;)

Seriously, is she aware of the no appetizer, no alcohol, and no tip (automatic with parties of 6 or more) included?

Fangorn
03-21-2012, 02:33 PM
As mentioned, she really needs to work with her CM Cousin. There are two types of cm discounts. One if the cm is on the reservation and one without the CM. Each has a different discount level. Friends and Family is without the CM on the res, and the CM doesn't have to be present.
CM reservations do not require a package (meaning tickets) in order to add the dining plan. Typically, there is a discounted ddp available as well, but again, the CM will have to add that. The DDP will still have to be purchased for everyone on the reservation.

Steve

laprana
03-21-2012, 02:37 PM

Apparently...the same cousin booked her honeymoon for her years ago and he wasn't on the reservation for that trip. But that was before the DDP, so that's why she isn't sure about it this time.

As mentioned, she really needs to work with her CM Cousin. There are two types of cm discounts. One if the cm is on the reservation and one without the CM. Each has a different discount level. Friends and Family is without the CM on the res, and the CM doesn't have to be present.
CM reservations do not require a package (meaning tickets) in order to add the dining plan. Typically, there is a discounted ddp available as well, but again, the CM will have to add that. The DDP will still have to be purchased for everyone on the reservation.

Steve

This is great info, thanks! I will tell her to check with her cousin about having him add the DDP for her. He will not be on the reservation, so I assume it will be the Friends and Family discount? Hopefully this will help her get it figured out! :thumbsup:

wildernesslady
03-21-2012, 03:07 PM

Yes, there are certain times of the year this is available.

HackLaSalle
03-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Not to derail... would someone be able to send me info on how a CM is able to do that? I have a CM friend who would like to do this for me but has no idea how to.

Fangorn
03-22-2012, 02:19 PM
HackLaSalle,
I sent you a PM.

Steve