PDA

View Full Version : 24 hour cancelation policy

Airblue1
03-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Has anyone swooped up a last minute reservation because someone had to cancel. In other words is the new policy working and has it worked in your favor, if so which restaurant?

:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:

Strmchsr
03-21-2012, 07:30 AM
It's definitely working! Speaking with a good friend of mine in management, no shows have gone from around 30% to 5-7%. This would made very clear when I was able to book CRT, Ohanas' and Le Cellier at 60 days out for my upcoming May trip.

dnickels
03-21-2012, 08:09 AM
I was able to make reservations at the Coral Reef restaurant for this upcoming weekend just a few days ago. Considering that Orlando area schools start spring break this weekend as well I wouldn't have thought there'd be anything available.

Is it the new cancellation policy? Hard to say, but a year ago I'm sure most people would have said there's no way I'd be getting reservations for a place less than 10 days out.

mom2morgan
03-21-2012, 10:03 AM
I was able to make reservations at the Coral Reef restaurant for this upcoming weekend just a few days ago. Considering that Orlando area schools start spring break this weekend as well I wouldn't have thought there'd be anything available.

Is it the new cancellation policy? Hard to say, but a year ago I'm sure most people would have said there's no way I'd be getting reservations for a place less than 10 days out.

I've noticed the same thing - playing with dates (I'm not going until September) I'm seeing reservations for Le Cellier left this week! I can't think what ELSE could be causing it - but even Cinderella's Royal Table is easy to get (and that was the one that used to requre precise timing and good luck). I don't get it - were there really that many people making multiple reservations they didn't intend to use??

Lizzy
03-21-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm really hoping this will work for me. We just decided last week to go stay a night in May, and I am trying my hardest to get an Ohana table around 8-8:30ish. My small kids just won't be able to make the 9:30 which is the only one available. The Cast Member told me to call back every night around closing or every morning at opening up until 3 days before and he was sure we could get something.

Guess I'll be spending a lot of time on the phone with Disney :blush:

Fangorn
03-21-2012, 02:40 PM
This does appear to be working very well. On or last trip in January (granted it's a slower time), we were able to make "day of" adrs for LeCellier, Narcoossee's and Crystal Palace breakfast. Plus we were able to change the date of our adr @ 'Ohana on one day notice with no problem.
Very nice.
Steve

Strmchsr
03-21-2012, 07:26 PM
I don't get it - were there really that many people making multiple reservations they didn't intend to use??

Yes. Yes there were.