PDA

View Full Version : WL Rooms

tdk316
03-20-2012, 04:18 PM
We have a woods view booked in May and am wondering if there are any rooms we should ask for or avoid? It's been a couple of years since we stayed there; the last time we stayed at WL DH wasn't my DH yet and we didn't have the kids. :D

Thanks many!

TexansInNY
03-23-2012, 07:22 PM
shoot for MK side high close towards boats or opposite if want near busses..better yet ask for upgrade to courtyard view! Have fun!

LudwigVonDrake
03-25-2012, 10:40 AM
If the view is important to you then ask (and pay) for a courtyard view. If not, go for standard view and have a great time! :mickey:

Imalismom
04-01-2012, 01:36 PM
IF you have small kids that will be taking a nap, then don't ask for a room anywhere near the pool (or over looking the pool)!!!! WL has an afternoon pool party and the music is loud, and tends to mess up naps for a lot of little ones (this seems to be the number one complaint I ever read about when reading trip reports of people staying in WL).

If you ask for a North room, up high, you can sometimes see wishes.

Asking for a room with an Otter Pond view will give you a view of the Electrical Water Parade.

If you are staying club level (floor 7) unless you have a deluxe room (which has concierge privileges), you may have a stand up balcony (meaning you have to stand up to see over the railing to look down or out). The North rooms in WL on Floor 7 are being refurbished this month (thru May 4th), and the south rooms in August on floor 7. They will them be refurbishing all the other rooms floor by floor, so depending on when you go in May, you can also ask for a newly refurnished room if you are staying club level.

vicster
04-01-2012, 02:05 PM
We've found courtyard view gets very noisy in the morning also. Metal chairs scraping on concrete can get pretty noisy also not to mention people leaving for the boat dock.

LarryBoy
04-01-2012, 03:43 PM
The one time we stayed at WL I booked standard view, but we got upgraded to Courtyard View and I didn't even ask for it. It was so nice!

tdk316
04-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Thanks all!

LudwigVonDrake - view isn't important, pin codes are and the "woods view" is what qualified.

Imalismom - DH LOVES the electrical water parade. :mickey:

vicster - I was wondering about that... thanks!