PDA

View Full Version : Wild Africa Trek - AK

E-Ticket4
03-20-2012, 09:25 AM
Does anyone know how much this costs? I can't find it here on info central and there is a longish wait to reach someone by phone this morning. I imagine there may be AP or Disney Visa discounts, but what's the cost up front?
Thanks All

BugeyedMuggy
03-20-2012, 09:35 AM
I think I saw around $200.00 per person. Does anyone know how far out you can book this?

Ms. Mode
03-20-2012, 10:16 AM
When I checked into it you could schedule @ 180 days (just like ADRs)...and yes, there is a Disney Visa discount! :thumbsup:

Kenny1113
03-20-2012, 03:00 PM
While on Kilimanjaro safari we saw people crossing a very narrow bridge with a bungee strap to them and also saw people standing in the back of a cargo type truck. Is that was this is???

Mogie
03-20-2012, 03:19 PM
It's $189 per person. Disney Visa discounts do not currently apply since the tour is so new. The price includes a meal (which was actually very good), a nice souvenir metal canteen with the jungle trek logo, some water and juice before the trek for water and some blood sugar. Your are also fitted for vests, harnesses and carabiners which unfortunately you can't keep, but look pretty cool in. Oh and the price includes a CD with pictures from the trek that is mailed and arrives shortly after return home.

It's expensive but 100% worth it. The guides do a great job. They have a semi scripted skit that they run through. But it is well done. And the best part is they are truly educated experts in the wildlife, not just tour guides. They will answer every question you have about the animals.

The best part is you get an incredible close up look at the animals completely off the normal pathways of the park. Your trek continues in a jeep tour that gets you very close to the animals with stops along the way that are much longer than the Safari ride. And lunch is served in a picnic area right on the savannah. Awesome.

waymickey
03-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Ok I want to do this, now I just need to save my lunch money all year to afford it.