PDA

View Full Version : Bringing a "newbie"! :)

zipadeedoodah
03-19-2012, 11:48 AM
So, when I made our reservation, the agent asked if we were celebrating anything on this trip. I said it was my friend's first visit to WDW. Will they do anything special if this is noted on the reservation?

I LOVE taking "first-timers"..it makes the trip that much more magical! I've introduced several people to wdw in the past, but have never actually had it noted on the ressie, so I didn't know if they will do anything special or not.

mom2morgan
03-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Personally, I doubt it. They always ASK what you're celebrating, but my experience has been that very little happens. I think there are probably literally THOUSANDS of guests every single day who are celebrating SOMETHING.

zipadeedoodah
03-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Oh ok, that's fine...I was just curious. :mickey: I read about the "first time" button...I'd like her to have one! Do you have to ask for it somewhere, or do they give it to you upon check-in if it is noted on the reservation?

disneymom15
03-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Oh ok, that's fine...I was just curious. :mickey: I read about the "first time" button...I'd like her to have one! Do you have to ask for it somewhere, or do they give it to you upon check-in if it is noted on the reservation?

I think if it's noted on your ressie, they'll give it to you at check in. If they don't, just ask for one.

#1donaldfan
03-19-2012, 01:39 PM
You will most likely get it upon check in and depending on the CM you can have them make a big deal out of it, as some CM's truly strive to make EVERYONE feel special....I know some have "bad" day's but at Disney every day is a good day !!! RIGHT ??!!!!! If you can't get one upon check-in you can get them at the parks. There are several different types of buttons, so depending on your "newbies" circumstances, they may be able to get several !!! have fun !!:cool:

zipadeedoodah
03-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Sounds like fun! Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Drachengeist
03-23-2012, 01:14 PM
You can get those buttons at check in and I have also heard that Town Hall has them as well.

The first time we went down for our anniversary, we had the buttons. And I think we got more congratulations from cast members and random guests than we got at our wedding!

The crown jewel was when we were walking into the park the first morning (through the back entrance to Epcot.) A cast member spotted us with the buttons and made a B line over to offer a pair of fast passes to Soarin.

Kairi_7378
03-23-2012, 09:44 PM
They had an assortment of buttons at the front desk when we checked in at CSR. I'd imagine that most resorts do. My DH and DS were celebrating birthdays so they both got buttons. The CM gave me an "I'm Celebrating!" button so that I'd feel included. (It went on the backpack because I felt silly wearing it in the parks!) DS was also given a few "First Visit" buttons from various CM's in the park.

TIGGER17179
03-27-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm taking a Newbie too! and it will be our honeymoon. I'm hoping he gets some attention. LOL :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
03-27-2012, 06:00 PM
I took a newbie last spring, and had it noted in our reservation too. We got a button, and the CM made a little fuss, but nothing huge.

Have fun! I love introducing new people to the magic!