PDA

View Full Version : Resorts at Downtown Disney

j2k
03-19-2012, 12:52 AM
Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn near Downtown Disney? How late does the hotel shuttle run? Is it convenient enough to ride back to hotel in the afternoon for a nap/pooltime?

j2k
04-14-2012, 11:41 PM
The Holiday Inn has mostly great reviews on TripAdvisor but I'm not sure how much I Trust the reviews.

GAN
04-15-2012, 06:27 AM
They are very reliable -I haven't been led wrong yet and have used that site for the better part of 8 years. My opinion is that there will almost always be a few bad reviews, it's unlikely that a hotel is going to be "perfect" for every guest. Given that, I usually look at the good reviews and check how many other reviews those people have provided to the site --if it is only one, I tend to think it may be a plant. If they have 10 or more than it is reasonable to believe that it is a legitimate review. I think T/A does a remarkable job reducing the amount of bogus reviews, but obviously it can happen.

j2k
05-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Thanks! We decided against these hotels and opted to stay onsite at Coronado Springs. YAY!!

texas211
05-19-2012, 06:19 PM
I haven't stayed there. But I'm a TripAdvisor contributor and and user. I find it pretty helpful, as long as you read b/w the lines and know how to interpret what is being said, and who said it.

I travel alot, probably on the road 32 weeks a year or more. Many people who travel 1-2 times a year, are amazed by a free cookie at check in, and can overlook any horrors of the hotel. You'd be surprised.

So, TA can be helpful, but you have to think about what you are reading.

I checked out the hotel lobby area and restroom, seemed clean and well maintained.