PDA

View Full Version : Reservation policy change

Lizzie
03-18-2012, 10:20 PM
I read in a thread that there has been a policy change for resvations. With fees if you misses a reservation. Where can I find this? And what restaurants are now two table credits?

Thanks

Itchy
03-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Not all of the restuarants require a credit card for reservations. Those that do will assess, ( if I remember correctly ) a $10 charge per person for a no show.

If you go to the dining tab at the top of the WDW web page and go to dining you can chose your restuaruant for an ADR and it will advise you if a credit card is required. It will also indicate if it is a signature resturant, or show such as the Hoop De Do review. The dining plan brochure will explain which requires 2 dining credits or not.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

chrim
03-19-2012, 02:30 AM
I did a quick look on the WDW web page, but did not find a list of the restaurants that have the $10 pp fee for reservation no-shows. If I remember correctly, the places on that list would mostly be character meals and popular signature dining spots (like California Grill).

Here is some extra info from the web site: "A special phone line that only handles dining cancellations is available for Guest convenience: (407) WDW-CNCL or (407) 939-2625. Alternatively, dining reservations may be booked or canceled by visiting any table-service restaurant podium, the front desk or concierge at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, or by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463. Guests may also make and cancel reservations online."

There was also a note that the fee only applies if nobody shows up to use the reservation. If your party ends up being smaller than originally planned there is no fee when at least part of the party shows up on time.

Also note that some meals are pre-paid (like Hoop de Do) and no-shows lose the full value of the pre-paid meal.

Examples of restaurants requiring double dining plan points are Artist Point, Bistro de Paris, California Grill, Citricos, Flying Fish, The Hollywood Brown Derby, Jiko, Le Cellier Steakhouse (dinner only), Narcoossee's, and Yachtsman Steakhouse. Also the dinner shows. There may be others.

mom2morgan
03-19-2012, 07:08 AM
I just did my ADR's and needed my credit card for all but 4 - please also note that if you cancel with less than 24 hours they assess that fee. When you are in the reservations tab and clicking on specific restaurants, it gives all that information. The ones I need CC for - Tusker House, 'ohana, Akershus, 1900 Park Fare, Le Cellier. Did not need for San Angel Inn, Biergarten, or Whispering Canyon, or Coral Reef.
So basicially - anything popular, based on the fact that 'ohana is neither a signature restaurant nor a character meal!