PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Nuggets vs. Strips (silly but need help)

natkevnol
03-18-2012, 04:54 PM
It's been 3 years since we've been to Disney and are returning in a couple of months. To my recollection, when we were there before they served chicken strips in the resorts and the parks for adult meals. The only chicken nuggets were served in the kid's meals.

I have been looking at the menus online (to determine whether or not to do the dining plan) and all I see now are chicken nuggets.

My 3 children liked the strips, not the nuggets because it was pressed chicken. Can someone please tell me what I will find at the parks and resorts now? Are there still both or just the pressed nuggets?

Thanks so much.

wickedgin
03-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Most counter service restaurants have "chicken breast nuggets" for adults and the chopped/formed chicken nuggets for the children's menu.

DizneyRox
03-18-2012, 08:53 PM
The adult nuggets are still real meat, just less of it and more breading.

I believe they have also changed the honey mustard sauce as well. Used to be Ken's, I heard its not anymore.

TinkerbellT421
03-19-2012, 08:55 AM
It's been 3 years since we've been to Disney and are returning in a couple of months. To my recollection, when we were there before they served chicken strips in the resorts and the parks for adult meals. The only chicken nuggets were served in the kid's meals.

I have been looking at the menus online (to determine whether or not to do the dining plan) and all I see now are chicken nuggets.

My 3 children liked the strips, not the nuggets because it was pressed chicken. Can someone please tell me what I will find at the parks and resorts now? Are there still both or just the pressed nuggets?

Thanks so much.

I don't typically order chicken nuggets often. But I do know that the Columbia Harbor House in MK still has the Chicken Strips, I get them every year. So if that helps at all. Sorry I can't help you find them other places because I only order them once per trip and it is always at Columbia Harbor House. If you are in MK that might help.

On a little bit of an off topic suggestion, do you have to order off the children's menu for the strips? Are you planning on using a Dinning plan that will force you to order only from the Children's menu? I was thinking if you are able to find the strips on the "Regular/adult" menu, if you have three kids for example, could you essentially order two of the "adult" chicken strip's and split them? I "think, don't quote me" there are four chicken strips for the adult menu, so could you order two adult meals for eight strips and then split them up as two and a half strips for each child? or something like that. Was sorta thinking out loud to see if that could help you at all.

LudwigVonDrake
03-19-2012, 05:25 PM
I always liked the chicken strips :tasty:

Kenny1113
03-19-2012, 06:07 PM
That I know of, (my kids don't usually eat chicken nuggets or strips but members of our party did) morocco QS (EPCOT) had nuggets while chefs du France had strips

Disney Doll
03-20-2012, 02:28 PM
I remember the kid's meal nuggets being pressed chicken. I'm not sure about nuggets on the adult menus. I guess we've never ordered those.