PDA

View Full Version : Disney Should Build an Alice in Wonderland Dark Ride in the Magic Kingdom

Super Ninja
03-18-2012, 12:17 PM
Just going to straight up say it, but I think one of the things that's missing from the Magic Kingdom is an Alice in Wonderland dark ride. Obviously, the Burton movie was a huge cash cow for them and it's currently popular with older girls regardless. They sell merchandise related to Alice in the park, so why not just build a new dark ride somewhere in Fantasy Land?

I think it should be based on the cartoon version obviously, but some creative license could be used. Doesn't need to be a facsimile of the one in California either. I would like traditional dark ride elements used with animatronics, props, etc. Don't need any LCD screen nonsense. I also think it could be a somewhat scarrier ride, which is needed in Fantasy Land after the closure of Snow White's Scary Adventures. So some oldschool haunted house elements would be cool. Burton's movie obviously took advantage of the creepier elements of Alice in Wonderland, so this ride should too.

Ian
03-18-2012, 05:10 PM
I agree. I've said for years that I'd love to see them port both Alice and Pinocchio from DL over to WDW.

I love both those rides and think they're prime classic Disney dark rides.

LudwigVonDrake
03-18-2012, 06:13 PM
I agree. I also think a Bambi dark ride would work in Animal Kingdom.

MNNHFLTX
03-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Eh, I'm not sure that I would like to see the old-school dark rides built at WDW the same as they are at Disneyland (or were at WDW). Part of the reason they are/were so well-loved is for nostalgic reasons. I don't think it would have the same meaning to construct it them anew. I do think they could do a different type of dark ride that is more high-tech and yet still stays true to the story.

CuteAsMinnie
03-18-2012, 10:37 PM
Alice always has and always will give me nightmares!:sick:

I'm out!!! Lol

Fastpasssteve
03-19-2012, 01:59 AM
They could put a "Mad Hatter's Tea Shoppe" right next to it...a combo gift shop and Tea/Snack Shop.

It could sell Tea, kids' drinks, tea sandwiches, Uncrustables, and little tarts and pastries! I would ride and munch.

I love the dark rides. I'm with you. :thumbsup:

dizneydeb22
03-19-2012, 10:38 AM
I think that is a great idea. A ride would be the perfect way to open the stories up to new generations of kids! :thumbsup:

Mrs Bus Driver
03-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Not every one likes the new movie or the old one for that matter. Love the books don't care for Disney's treatment of them. That said I do think an Alice ride with all the new tech out there and some fresh creative minds working on it could be fun (maybe even a little scarey). I know I'd ride it. :mickey: