PDA

View Full Version : All the planning . . .(vent)

EeyoresBestFriend
03-17-2012, 05:48 PM
I am a planner for most things WDW, but I am getting alittle distressed about the rumored direction of planning in the parks.

I have no problem with them enforcing dining reservations & fastpass times, as that is just considerate of other guests, but the thought of prebooking fastpasses,parade spot times and character meets seems excessive to me. What's next ~ booking your photopass photographer time on Main Street? If I want to sit or stand in a spot for 3 hours (as long as I'm not in the way) before the parade to be there when it happens ~ why shouldn't I be able to? And how are we to know where these elusive spots are if you just happen to be cruising in the park?

Maybe I'm not understanding what they are doing, but it looks like I will have to spend more time on a non tollfree phone line or fussy site booking system to book every second of my day. Where's the fun in that if I can't stop and watch a parade inpromptu? So much for popping over to see that parade in AK if you hadn't booked a spot or tripping across Cinderella in a quiet place and wishing to get a picture. It seems the magic is getting thinner and more forced, because there is so little to chance to have a spontaneous magical moment.

This just makes me sad and especially for first timers, who may totally lose the magic in their trip because they didn't know to do all this stuff before hand.

I hope I am mistaken . . . . . :(

Briansmom
03-17-2012, 09:20 PM
I totally agree with you. While I enjoy planning what park on which day and the ADR's to go with it, that is about as far as I want to go with my planning. Spontaneity is what makes a trip memorable. Let's hope these are just rumors.

brownie
03-18-2012, 10:48 AM
You can find discussion on this from when they first announced it last year here: Fast Pass of the Future (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=179477&highlight=utlimate+fastpass&page=4).