PDA

View Full Version : split res. and free dining

waymickey
03-16-2012, 09:49 AM
I am planning a trip to WDW staying at the WL for August 21-29 . Free dining starts on the 25.
If I split my Reservation say check out on the 24 and check back in on the 25 will I get free dining?

Also do I need to even do that or will Disney apply the free dining to my package from 25-29?
I have never done free dining before and have no idea how it works but since it is available I am thinking about it.

PopPhan
03-16-2012, 10:05 AM
If you want the 'free dining' promotion, you would need to 'split' your stay...They will not apply a promotion in the middle of a reservation. (However, if it was the other way around -- you check in during the 'free dining' promotion and it 'ends' during your stay, you would still get the 'free dining' for your entire stay. I don't think any other promotion works like this, though.)

In your case, the idea of checking out on the 24th and in on the 25th would be close....You would actually need to check out in the morning of the 25th and back in later in the day on the 25th (possibly right after you check out??), otherwise you would not have a place to stay on the night of the 24th!! :D

However you do it, enjoy your visit!!!!

mydisneygirls
03-16-2012, 10:58 AM
You actually would have to check out and then check in both on the 25th. But would this really be worth it???? If your dates are flexible, moving the trip to start on the 25th might be the way to go!

gaffz70
03-16-2012, 11:06 AM
We are going aug 20th. I was considering moving the date back a few days and splitting our stay. However, I'm pretty sure you have to split your ticket packages which makes them more expensive. So after doing the math, it didn't really save us much to split our stay. Not to mention change our flights as I had already booked our air b/c of a good deal.

I could be wrong, or someone else here may know better, but you may want to price it out before you split - Good luck !!!

disneymom07
03-16-2012, 11:20 AM
We are going Aug 19 - 31. You would have to buy at least 2 (I think) days of tickets to get the free dining. Karen from Magical Journeys did the math and it would only save us $17. The hassel of checking out and checking back in just isn't worth it.
No free dining for us, but at least we'll be in Disney:mickey:

waymickey
03-16-2012, 12:39 PM
I can't relly change my dates becasue I teach . I don't thinkit will be worth it so I will probably just keep things the way they are.
thanks for all the info!:mickey:

gaffz70
03-16-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm in the same boat, my dh is a teacher and goes back that week too. If it's any consolation, when I looked back they offered discounts for that time.
I know in May 2011 they offered room discounts for August 2011 and then in May 2010 they finally offered free dining for that period. I'm not counting on it, but it would be gladly welcomed !!!