PDA

View Full Version : Cranium Command

MrPeetrie
03-16-2012, 12:43 AM
Years ago, there used to be a pavillion (I think it was called the Wonders of Life Pavillion) where there were some interesting attractions. Body Wars was there, as well as Cranium Command among others. On our last few trips to Epcot, however, the entire pavillion has been closed. Is this permanant? My DD8 would LOVE Cranium Command and "Buzzy." I was just wondering if there were any plans for it? And did anyone else like Cranium Command?

:(

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
03-16-2012, 03:02 AM
No plans to reopen it unless you are willing to pay the sponsor fee.

Melanie
03-16-2012, 06:49 AM

And besides, all the attractions are long gone. The building is used now for festival (ie Flower & Garden Fest, Food & Wine Fest) headquarters. Went in it just the other day.

Ms. Mode
03-16-2012, 07:24 AM
Before our first trip to WDW in 2004 I had read so much about CC and it was on my list of things to do; when we got there it was "seasonal" but hadn't shown up for the "season". We have videos that show some of what CC was about, what a shame that it was a sponsorship issue that took it out.

MickeysBestPal
03-16-2012, 08:15 AM
And besides, all the attractions are long gone.

I'm not sure about that.
While they have "walled-over" the public entrances to Cranium Command and Body Wars, AFAIK, the attractions remain intact behind those walls.

(In fact, I've seen recent photos of the main Cranium Command theater, complete with a (long-silent) Buzzy, seated at his pilot control panel. )

There was talk of cannibalizing Body Wars for parts for Star Tours, but I don't know if that ever happened... especially considering the recent full-blown rebuild of Star Tours.

DizneyRox
03-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Is this permanant? My DD8 would LOVE Cranium Command and "Buzzy." I was just wondering if there were any plans for it?
Listen to me now, understand me later... :D

WoL is gone for good. It's actually quite dated (as most people I assume won't understand the above comment) and would take a tremendous amount of work (read $$$$) to get it relevant again. Disney does need the capacity WoL would bring to the table, so it's going to take someone to step up with big pockets to do anything. I don't see that happening in the near future.

Janmac
03-16-2012, 10:08 AM
And did anyone else like Cranium Command?

:(

Before TT and MiS, on that side of Future World, Wonders of Life was our favorite pavilion, and Cranium Command - tho LOUD! - was the best. We did prefer Star Tours as a simulator ride over Body Wars but only because BW seemed like a rougher ride.

We always spent a lot of time here, and in the old Imagination pavilion.

Jan

joonyer
03-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Our whole family loved Cranium Command! It was very funny and entertaining. We were sad to see it closed down. I wish somebody would step up to sponsor it so it could be refurbished and renewed (even if was moved somewhere else.)

MickeysBestPal
03-16-2012, 03:14 PM
In WOL there was also "The Making of Me," which was a short film attraction starring Martin Short.
It was created by producer Glenn Gordon Caron.

Mr. Caron was the creator/producer in the 1980's of the phenomenal ABC comedy "Moonlighting" (starring Cybill Shepherd & Bruce Willis.)

Mr. Caron also created the (recently concluded) 7 season network show (NBC, then CBS) "Medium" (starring Patricia Arquette.)
Mr. Caron is a master of filming "natural human comedy" scenes (the "family scenes" in Medium were VERY good) and likewise, "The Making of Me" was a small masterpiece.

I wish Disney would release that film for sale as a DVD.

TheRustyScupper
03-16-2012, 06:32 PM

1) Alas, how true.
2) If not sponsor, or one near, WDW closes the exhibit.
3) At least that is the pattern.
4) To heck with guest pleasure.
5) Either we get bucks, or no buck rogers.
6) Walt must be rolling over in his grave.

Super Ninja
03-16-2012, 08:54 PM
I found everything in this pavilion pretty over-rated. I honestly don't miss any of it. Body Wars was probably the worst motion simulator out there. It's a good idea, but it wasn't executed that well I think. I also think Cranium Command was way too corny.

I contrast this against Horizons, which I think most people that remember the old Epcot probably miss a lot more. Maybe they should demolish the pavilion and rebuild a new Horizons or something else with a dark ride that has a future means of living theme.

faline
03-16-2012, 08:58 PM
I did enjoy parts of this pavilion, like Cranium Command and Body Wars but there were large parts of this pavilion that I did not spend much time in. Still, I was sorry to see it close.

jennsky
03-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Maybe off topic, but I took my family to the Children's Museum in Lakeland, FL on our trip in late January, and lo and behold, Disney had donated cels of the Sarge from Cranium Command for an animation exhibit they had there. Pretty cool to see them! :number1:

PeterPan
03-16-2012, 11:59 PM
Cranium Command was one of the best shows the Imagineers ever produced. PERIOD. Clever, witty, relevant, fun, fast, informative, exciting.

Altair
03-17-2012, 08:01 AM
Cranium Command was one of the best shows the Imagineers ever produced. PERIOD. Clever, witty, relevant, fun, fast, informative, exciting.

I agree with you and I think the characters stand up on their own.:thumbsup:

MrPeetrie
03-17-2012, 08:55 AM

I'm glad so many others enjoyed this attraction. I loved it. I wanted my DD8 to see it sooo much on this upcoming trip. Oh well.

PETE FROM NYC
03-17-2012, 05:05 PM
At least we die-hards can watch everything mentioned on you tube.