PDA

View Full Version : wait list request

disneymom15
03-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Considering doing a long weekend trip (memorial weekend). Would like a studio, but not much available. SSR has all 3 nights, wondering how many waitlist requests can I do on one reservation. Am I limited to 1 waitlist or can I request multiple (like 2 or 3) spots?

Aurora
03-15-2012, 01:00 PM
You can have a maximum of two waitlists, which means any difference in your location, room size or date on the same reservation.

If you have two waitlists for different locations and one comes through, that waitlist will automatically become your new reservation, and the original reservation, as well as the second waitlist, will be cancelled.

DizneyFreak2002
03-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Has Disney gotten better with telling people their original reservation was cancelled??? I have heard some horror stories from people who put their names on the wait list only to have their original reservation cancelled and the wait list one booked.... They were never notified of the change...

I am sure the online site updates the new reservation so there really is no excuse for not knowing... You can always call DVC and verify... But Disney should also send out a new confirmation letter or an email at the least...

greengeen
03-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Has Disney gotten better with telling people their original reservation was cancelled??? I have heard some horror stories from people who put their names on the wait list only to have their original reservation cancelled and the wait list one booked...

What horror story? This is exactly what is supposed to happen. Your original ressie is cancelled and the waitlist ressie replaces it. That's what a waitlist is! And they do notify you, assuming you have given them a valid email or mailing address. I received an email notification withon hours of my last waitlist going through.