PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk vs Beach Club

samandbrismom
03-14-2012, 08:20 AM
We have stayed and the Beach Club the past 2 years and have totally fallen in love with that resort. This year, I thought we'd try the Boardwalk. What will we love at this resort? How is the pool? I am a little nervous that the kids won't like the pool as much. Thank you in advance:mickey:

MarkC
03-14-2012, 10:44 AM
To be honest, if you're concerned about the pool-- the kids are going to be disappointed. Nothing on property touches Stormalong Bay. If you think you're going to spend a lot of time there I would consider making the change. Everything else about the Boardwalk is great but the pool is pretty basic compared to Beach Club.

NyDisneyGirl
03-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Hi there, I changed my reservations from the Boardwalk to the Yacht club based on what a lot of people were posting about the pool. The good thing is if you're staying at the Beach Club, you can still experience the Boardwalk because you're in the same area. Have a great time! :mickey:

BrerGnat
03-14-2012, 12:56 PM
I'm going to echo what Mark said above.

And, further, if you really LOVE the Beach Club, I'd stick with that.

We stayed at BC for the first time in April 2010. LOVED IT, especially the pool!

I stayed at BWI a year later, without kids. Basically, I didn't like anything about it except how easy it was to walk to DHS.

We returned in December and chose Beach Club. LOVED it as much as the first time. Spent many hours at Stormalong Bay.

I was unimpressed with BWI as a whole and as far as the pool is concerned...SUPER lame compared to BC . Honestly...even the few kids that were swimming didn't seem to be having that great of a time. It's very small and rather uninspired. Most of the Moderate resorts have a better pool area.

floridamom
03-14-2012, 01:06 PM
We really like BC/YC and have considered trying BWI on various occasions. Each time we passed because our DDs love Stormalong Bay. So, like the other posters said, I would stick with BC.

We do always make a point to walk through BWI, sit on the rocking chairs on the back porch area, etc. Maybe someday we'll stay there when it's just DH and I. :mickey:

BrerGnat
03-14-2012, 01:36 PM
All the good things about the BWI are accessible to anyone. The Boardwalk, shops, restaurants, and lobby/porch area are all open so that everyone can enjoy them. You don't need to stay there! You can just visit. :thumbsup:

Further, I liked the bus transportation better at YC/BC. Less sharing.