PDA

View Full Version : Kim Possible is out, Agent P is in

Maleficent's Dad
03-13-2012, 09:15 PM
From the Orlando Sentinel

Kim Possible is out, Agent P is in.

Disney World announced Tuesday that the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure, an interactive scavenger hunt at Epcot, will close at some point this summer.

In its place will be a similar attraction featuring Perry the Platypus from the animated TV series "Phineas and Ferb." It will be known as Disney Phineas and Ferb: Agent P's World Showcase Adventure.

In the show, Perry is the pet of the title characters, and his alter ego is Agent P, who continually saves the world from the nefarious Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz.

In the theme park, guests will become secret agents to help foil Doofenshmirtz using a "high-tech secret agent" device and clues found in Epcot's Mexico, France, Germany, Norway, Japan, China and United Kingdom pavilions.

Perry has been a merchandising staple at Disney World, particularly with T-shirts featuring the character's oversized eyes and bill.

The Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure debuted at Epcot in the summer of 2008.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-daily-disney/os-disney-phineas-ferb-kim-possible-epcot-20120313,0,6482098.story

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
03-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Hoping that one or the other versions is up and running in June for our visit.

mickeyman42
03-14-2012, 06:19 AM
Awesome, awesome, awesome! Going to wear my agent p shirt when we do this on our next trip!

TheVBs
03-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Exciting! I wonder if they'll change all the interactive things, or just a few to fit the new theme.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-14-2012, 09:27 AM
DH is doing the happy dance about this. He's already said "I will wear my Perry hat that day".

I loved the KP missions, but glad to see that Disney is changing it up a bit too!

mom2morgan
03-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Awe, that's too bad. My DD was a huge Kim Possible fan when she was littler so she was looking forward to that.

buzznwoodysmom
03-14-2012, 10:36 AM
That's great. My boys loved the Kim Possible adventure, but haven't been interested in it for a few trips now. I think they'll be pulled right back into it with Agent P!!!

#1donaldfan
03-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Sweet !!! My 13 DD will LOVE this !!!:mickey:

Gator
03-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Curse you, Perry the Platypus!!!

Wolf
03-14-2012, 04:23 PM
She would kill me for telling yall this, but when I told Moma Wolf about this she jumped up and squealed...Now shes 6 kinds of stoked to do this, I hope its available in October.

Fangorn
03-14-2012, 04:24 PM
The semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable dynamic fury!!

(in a fez!)

Steve

Urbss
03-14-2012, 07:41 PM
My wife (a Pharmacist) can't wait to wear a black t-shirt and her lab coat when we go this November!!!

MrPeetrie
03-15-2012, 12:13 AM
I just told this news to my DD8 and she jumped through the roof. Thanks for the info. My daughter really enjoyed doing the Kim Possible Adventure last year. But she is even SOOOO much more excited about Agent P. I think it is going to be a blast fun solving these puzzles with her. I can't wait.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Poohluv85
03-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Awesome!! I love Perry, cant wait to go on a worldwide adventure with him this summer! :D

Ian
03-15-2012, 07:34 PM
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude ... I am sooooooooo making Yaglenski do this with me in October!

Fastpasssteve
03-17-2012, 04:13 AM
I was never interested in Kim Possible. This new idea sounds great. I hope it works. I, for one, will actually do this when I return this Fall.

finaldynasty
03-17-2012, 10:37 AM
I am glad they are using a character for a show that is still on the air. My DF and I are very excited...way to get it right WDW!

IamBelle
03-22-2012, 11:34 PM
It's about time!! Last summer I was talking about how they should do this since Kim Possible is outdated... Sooo glad they are making more use out of a great show!!

MushuGrl
03-23-2012, 12:49 PM
I am so PUMPED!!! Big Agent P fan! (Bigger Doofensmirtz fan though...might be a conflict of interest....I apologize in advance, Doc....)

Jessie
03-29-2012, 01:17 PM
My kids love Agent P! We'll all be going after this is up and running. So excited!!

Jeany031
04-08-2012, 03:35 PM
thanks for the info! I can't wait to play Agent P's World Showcase adventure in Oct 2012!

BigRedDad
04-16-2012, 08:40 AM
Now there will be a reason for DD to do Epcot. She tolerated it, but never truly enjoyed it. Kidcot helped, but Agent P and catching Doofenschmirtz will get her to enjoy it more.

TikiGoddess
04-17-2012, 06:10 AM
Has anyone seen specific dates posted for the changeover from Kim to Agent P?

I'm glad to hear that it's getting done, although we only discovered Kim last summer and were looking forward to doing more missions this summer. I hope that Agent P is more like Kim P. (with the interactive elements built into the landscape and pavilions) than the new Sorcerers of the MK.

Kathy

Maleficent's Dad
04-20-2012, 03:11 PM
From Deb Wills' site. Looks like a June opening.

Secret Agents to Foil Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Evil Plans

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Debuting in June at Epcot, Disney Phineas & Ferb: Agent P's World Showcase Adventure is based on the wily secret-agent alter-ego of Perry the Platypus – faithful pet to the title characters from Disney Channel's animated series "Phineas & Ferb." Although just a simple pet to Phineas and Ferb, Perry turns into Agent P in each episode to help stop the misguided plans of his nemesis, Dr. Doofenshmirtz.

Epcot guests will transform into secret agents to help Agent P thwart some of Dr. Doofenshmirtz's most daring plots. Agents will use a "high-tech secret agent device" to receive clues for each case. Solving the clues will take agents to different places throughout seven World Showcase countries at Epcot – Mexico Pavilion, France Pavilion, Germany Pavilion, Norway Pavilion, Japan Pavilion, China Pavilion and the United Kingdom Pavilion. Agents will scour each country for clues, evil "Inators," and – with a little bit of luck – help Agent P defeat Dr. Doofenshmirtz.

CosmicRay
04-20-2012, 03:18 PM
My kids are so excited!

Buttercup
04-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Ooo! I can totally see it. Instead of Wade on the Kimmunicator, it'll be Carl the Intern!

Sounds awesome!:thumbsup:

Jeany031
04-20-2012, 06:43 PM
From Deb Wills' site. Looks like a June opening.
where did you find that info?:confused:

Maleficent's Dad
04-21-2012, 05:06 PM
where did you find that info?:confused:

Her "dateline" section

Buttercup
04-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Here's the REAL question though: Why is Doofenshmirtz trying to take over the world?!?! I thought his primary goal was just to take over the TRI-STATE AREA!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: