PDA

View Full Version : My husband wants to know if I'm crazy ;-)

mom2morgan
03-13-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm eligible to make ADR's on Monday, although I'm so far West I'll need to do it at 4:00 am for online. I'm taking one of my allowed "personal days" off work specifically for this. My husband thinks I'm NUTS and challenged me to ask my fellow Intercotees if that seems like odd behaviour to THEM :mickey:

divinedi
03-13-2012, 04:54 PM
He wants you to ask us, :rotfl:, seriously?

Okay then, of course you aren't crazy :crazy:, what better way to spend a day off then making ADR's!! It's Disney:cloud9:, it's always a terrific reason to take a day off, no matter what that entails. Good luck with the ADR's, I hope you get the ones you want, and have a great trip!!!

mom2morgan
03-13-2012, 05:00 PM
LOL - he just refuses to believe there is anyone else on the planet as "obsessed" with Disney as I am ;-) I mean, he really LIKES it, but he talks about the other places we may vacation when the kids are grown.....:drama:

He wants you to ask us, :rotfl:, seriously?

Okay then, of course you aren't crazy :crazy:, what better way to spend a day off then making ADR's!! It's Disney:cloud9:, it's always a terrific reason to take a day off, no matter what that entails. Good luck with the ADR's, I hope you get the ones you want, and have a great trip!!!

DVC2004
03-13-2012, 05:03 PM
LOL, well you can tell him there are alot of others out there like you here on this community.

I think you have a good plan. When we took my sister and her family a few years back it was very important for us to get Cinderella's breakfast in the castle. We have one neice, and my kids are boys, and we were trying to do something special for her. My sister and I both got up early at our own homes and started calling right when lines opened. I got in, she didn't but we did get the reservation. Both husbands thought we were insane.

SBETigg
03-13-2012, 05:08 PM
I can't say that you're entirely crazy, because there are plenty of people here who would do as you're doing. But for me, yes, that is overkill and completely unnecessary. When I called, I always called late in the day and never had a problem getting what I wanted. Since they've gone to the online system, I use that and still have never had a problem several weeks past 180 days, even for 'Ohana. I've never quite understood the need to get up early to make that call. But to each her own, and good luck with it.

CajunDisneyDad
03-13-2012, 05:17 PM
My wife would say you are perfectly sane :) As for me.....I think you are perfectly sane lol! We actually both took a day off the last time, and we took the kids to the zoo and did a family day!

asking in this forum if you are crazy lol, thats funny :)

mom2morgan
03-13-2012, 05:23 PM
I can't say that you're entirely crazy, because there are plenty of people here who would do as you're doing. But for me, yes, that is overkill and completely unnecessary. When I called, I always called late in the day and never had a problem getting what I wanted. Since they've gone to the online system, I use that and still have never had a problem several weeks past 180 days, even for 'Ohana. I've never quite understood the need to get up early to make that call. But to each her own, and good luck with it.

I don't really know for sure if it is necessary - but we're going during free dining and there are some places we definitely want to get in to - so I'm afraid to take my chances ;-) I keep hearing stories of people not getting in to 'ohanas or Le Cellier ... and first trip I missed out on CRT.

buzznwoodysmom
03-13-2012, 06:38 PM
I am not saying you are crazy at all, is there even such as thing as too much Disney????

However, I personally don't think you need to get up at 4 am to make ADRs. Unless of course there is one you really, really HAVE to have that might go quickly. With the new online system I usually make mine in the morning after I drop my kids at school. Around 9ish central time. And then I change them,and change them again, and again all the way until a day or so before we leave. Even if I woke at 4 to make them, it's never taken me more than 20-30 minutes to make them all for a weeklong trip. Not sure I'd take a day of off work for that, unless of course, I wanted to have a personal day off to go shopping later in the day or something like that.

Gregandmel
03-13-2012, 06:41 PM
LOL!! You are NOT crazy!!! I did the exact same thing when it was time for us to make our ADR's on our last trip. I was so excited I barely slept the night before (so worried I would oversleep and not be able to get on line and get exactly what I wanted!)

It was so nice to know I had the entire day to just play around with the reservations - it made it MUCH less stressful than trying to get ready for work in the morning!

you are totally SANE in my opinion!! :D

Strmchsr
03-13-2012, 06:45 PM
I don't really know for sure if it is necessary - but we're going during free dining and there are some places we definitely want to get in to - so I'm afraid to take my chances ;-) I keep hearing stories of people not getting in to 'ohanas or Le Cellier ... and first trip I missed out on CRT.

Not sure if it'll make a difference during "free" dining, but I've definitely seen an uptick in availability for all places since Disney began instituting the credit card policy for the popular places and cracking down on double bookings. In fact, I was able to book both CRT and O'hanas at 70 days out for my upcoming May trip. So, I'm not sure getting up at 4 am and taking a day off from work is worth it (especially since you could probably be done and back in bed by 4:30), but if it's part of the vacation excitement and fun for you, then go for it. :mickey:

AllDisney
03-13-2012, 06:45 PM
I REALLY don't think you are crazy, but, I've never had an issues making ADR, but I can understand. I hope you get the restaurants you want:number1:

faline
03-13-2012, 06:48 PM
I've gotten up VERY early on a weekend day in order to make my advanced dining reservations at the 180 day mark. Crazy? If so, I'm clearly in the club!!

SBETigg
03-13-2012, 06:50 PM

If you've missed one you wanted in the past, then I have to change my opinion and say you would be crazy not to worry about it and do what you need to do.

Disney4us2
03-13-2012, 07:05 PM
Your not crazy. I did the same thing. I am in California and got up about a half hour before the phone lines opened up at WDW. This was before they had the online scheduling. I was able to score CRT for my DD's 7th birthday.:thumbsup:

Good luck with your ADR's.:mickey:

BrerGnat
03-13-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm gonna say it...I think you're a little crazy. :blush:

In my opinion, there is NO restaurant on WDW property that is worth waking up at 4am for. I like sleeping. ;)

I am also of the opinion that there is no sunrise so beautiful that it warrants waking me up to see it. :D

But, hey, you are certainly not the first person to do this, nor will you be the only one doing it on that particular day, so good luck in getting the ADRs you really want! :mickey:

BrowncatP
03-13-2012, 07:22 PM
You are NOT crazy. I scheduled a personal day off at my job for the day that I could make my ADR's for my last trip. Enjoy the day off.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
03-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Every week day morning is a personal morning for me....I have older kids and don't work, for pay.

Are you crazy?? Well there are those that say those of us that visit WDW more than once are crazy. But I refuse to be thought of as crazy. I'm eccentric, a little off my rocker, boffo, but not crazy. And you are definitely NOT crazy - mine comes from having had 4 children before I turned 30. :D

Dopey's Girl
03-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Do I think you are crazy for taking a day off to plan for a Disney trip, no. For getting up at 4 AM.. Um, yep! I like planning for Disney behind 2 things in no specific order 1) being in WDW and 2) Sleep!

Fire and flights are the only reason for me to be up at that hour. But if it gets you the ADR's you want, go for it!

brownie
03-14-2012, 09:28 AM
I can see getting up early to make critical advance dining reservations. I don't think I'd take time off from work for it, though. Wouldn't that time be better spent AT Walt Disney World?

NewDVCowner
03-14-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm out in California and the online system opens at 3:00 am for us. I have set my alarm for 2:45 so I could get up and get the computer up and running.

That said, it only took about a half hour and then I went back to bed. :mickey:

dizneydeb22
03-14-2012, 03:53 PM
You are a person after my own heart! Good luck to you and I hope this all pays off for you!

Use the rest of your day to congratulate yourself for getting all of your reservations!:mickey:

AmandaChan
03-14-2012, 06:46 PM
I probably wouldn't, b/c I'm lazy as heck. But when I take my kids in a couple years.... I want special character dining, and I am going to be more specific about what I want. So I can see doing it then.

darthmacho
03-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Well, I think you're crazy, not because you're getting up early to do your ADRs, because I'd do the same, but because...well, you have to be a little crazy to do it. When I made my ADRs in Feb, I left work early to make it home by 6am to do online reservations. Actually, if you're on Pacific Time, doesn't that mean you could get up at 3AM and make your ADRs online? Now THAT would be crazy. Embrace the crazy! :mickey:

micky95
03-16-2012, 07:59 AM
tell him yes your crazy but there are alot of us just like you out here LOL.my wife does some weird things when making our ADR but it makes her feel better knowing she can get exactly what she wants.and i agree asking here if your crazy is ,well for a better word crazy!! we're all crazy here and proud of it:number1:enjoy your trip

mickeys_princess_mom
03-17-2012, 10:09 AM
:high5: I like your style! :mickey:

spoiledraf
03-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Crazy?? Heck No. I've already take TWO days off to do some planning and calling. At least you got paid for yours!

pianobabe
03-18-2012, 12:56 PM
I don't think your crazy. You seem normal to me. I set my alarm for 5:30 this morning so I could get up in time to make my ADR's. I then went back to bed. It was all worth it!:number1:

LudwigVonDrake
03-18-2012, 04:35 PM
You ain't the only obsessed Disney fan!! :laughing:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-18-2012, 09:50 PM
I have serious sleep issues so I'm usually awake then anyway. And since I'm on salary, I could probably get up, make the ADRs and go back to bed for a while, go into work a little later and just work later if necessary. So no, I don't think you are nuts or crazy if there is something you are passionate about. Good luck getting what you want.

TinkerbellT421
03-19-2012, 08:43 AM
I'm eligible to make ADR's on Monday, although I'm so far West I'll need to do it at 4:00 am for online. I'm taking one of my allowed "personal days" off work specifically for this. My husband thinks I'm NUTS and challenged me to ask my fellow Intercotees if that seems like odd behaviour to THEM :mickey:

He really thought you asking here would be a good idea!? He really thought we would agree with him and not you!? :haha::funny::goof::fresh:

You are about as crazy as the rest of us! I have a full week of a vacation left this year to use for our trip to Disney in December and about 38 hours left of personal time. I can gaurantee you one of those personal days may be used WITH DBF one of the days we have a lot of planning/reservations to make! :mickey: On a really nice weather sunny New England day of course!

Take the day off, relax and have a blast planning! I would :thumbsup::mickey:

minnie-mouse
03-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Crazy Smart is what you are!! He will thank you when you are not forced to eat dinner at 9pm all because you couldn't get ressies. Good for you, planning makes perfect! :mickey: