PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

Jim&AngieMarriner
03-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Ok gang, I thought i was pretty good with the pin stuff. But I just saw a picture of pins on the rack and some said Limited Edition (which i am used to) and some said Limited Release. Is Limited Release new? And how is it different from Limited edition ? :confused:

Thanks

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-12-2012, 02:26 PM
I could be wrong, but I thought "Limited Edition" was the traditional limited run of pins (such as 1000, or 5000 or whatever).

Limited relase seems to be that they only release a small amount (say the same 1000), but if they sell really well, more MAY be released in the future. So, it isn't really a limited edition, but usually less than an open edition.

Clear as mud, eh?

Ms. Mode
03-12-2012, 03:37 PM
I thought that Limited Release meant that they were only going to be on sale for a while. These pins usually cost a little more too.

JPL
03-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Limited Release can mean a few things. I t could mean it's only available in certain places and it could also mean that it is only available for a specific amount of time which usually means until they sell out ;) Limited Edition is a set number of pins created.