PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead

Ruprect
03-12-2012, 12:44 PM
No Walking Dead discussion going on here? None of my friends or family watch so when there's a real {odd} moment (like last night) I end up looking at myself in the mirror and gesturing wildly yelling "Did you see that? What the heck just happened?".

NotaGeek
03-12-2012, 02:55 PM
*** MOD Alert ***

This show isn't very family friendly, and thus isn't a normal discussion allowed on INTERCOT.com -- please proceed with extreme caution and remember we keep all discussion VERY PG.

SBETigg
03-12-2012, 03:00 PM
I haven't seen this show, but my college age daughter and all her friends are very into it. I guess there have been some big doings in the past two episodes, so not surprised that you want to talk about it. She missed last night's and has to catch up.

CajunDisneyDad
03-12-2012, 03:58 PM
I thought for a second there you were talking about people in the parks that have been there ALLLL day and havent had a nap, and are so tired...and haggard looking...they start to take on a grey color in their skin and resemble....wait for it....THE WALKING DEAD!

PirateLover
03-12-2012, 04:07 PM
We have watched since the 1st episode as DH has been a huge fan of all things zombie since he was a kid. I was more shocked by last week than this week. DH reads the comics that the show is loosely based on. The show takes a lot of liberties but does somewhat follow the comic. I'm about to get spoilery here so if anyone hasn't seen the latest episodes, stop reading!

In the comics, Shane dies much earlier on. However, he doesn't play as central of a role. I WOULD'VE been shocked last night if someone hadn't royally messed up by promoting the Season 2 DVD as having behind-the-scenes footage of "Shane's last episode" :(
Dale made it much longer in the comics.
Shane's death was pretty similar to what happened in the comic though, but he didn't turn into a zombie. He tried to kill Rick, driven by his passion for Lori, and Carl killed him. He was still a normal "human."

What this episode introduced though is the fact that it seems like anyone who dies from whatever reason and has an in tact brain becomes a zombie. You don't have to be bitten.

DizneyRox
03-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Probably the best show on TV right now. I think it's the only non reality show on my watch list.

caryrae
03-12-2012, 05:52 PM
We love the show!! We didn't start watching as it was on TV but saw it on Netflix one day and thought it may be worth a look and we were hooked right away. We even like to watch the show The Talking Dead were they discuss that nights show.

Like I had read someone else ask somewhere, "why does the kid, Carl, always seem to wandering around unsupervised?"

Ruprect
03-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Like I had read someone else ask somewhere, "why does the kid, Carl, always seem to wandering around unsupervised?"

Seriously that kid needs one of those child leashes. Rick and Lori are the worst parents ever.

thrillme
03-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Seriously that kid needs one of those child leashes. Rick and Lori are the worst parents ever.

Oh my I so agree. I think they've taken the "safety" of the farm for granted up till now. YES...my whole family watches it as well as many of my friends.

Everybody LOVES zombies :D

Nascfan
03-13-2012, 12:19 PM
I know this show is not at all family friendly, so not really surprised there hasn't been a thread. That being said, Yes, w love the show! Our daughter and boyfriend got us into it at the start of this second season. We were hooked so much that on the mid-season break we bought and watched season one. Then we proceeded to get my Mom and sister hooked on it. It's definitely addicting, can't believe we've only got this Sunday coming up then have to wait until fall.

Wolf
03-13-2012, 01:57 PM
This is my favorite show since Firefly!!! I have followed it since the first ep and my Mom is sooo into it too! I was distraught at the loss of Dale cause in the comics he is still alive (To the point I've read, around 80) I am so glad Shane finally is gone, hes so mean...Does anyone else think Merl is coming back?

sixshot19
03-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Next week is the season finally, what am I going to do. I read the comic to, but I am so going to miss my favourite show. It had been getting a little slow, but the last few episodes have definately turned up the heat. Awesome.

jaredkari
03-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Wow I am glad to see that I am not the only weirdo that loves family friendly WDW and loves the walking dead! Wouldn't it be a great episode if the whole group went to WDW! Although I am sure there would still be a line for Peter Pan.

I am so glad Shane is gone, he was just getting to be too much of a loose cannon. But still it totally blew me away when Rick was the one to kill him! In reply to another post (I don't read the comics so I am probably wrong) But how cool would it be if Merle showed up again but now he is the leader of that other group that everyone has been so worried about?!! That would make for a great episode. Also, I have been going back to some of the older episodes and does anyone have any idea what Dr. Jenner whispered to Rick as they were leaving the CDC? Somehow they have to answer that question.

PirateLover
03-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Also, I have been going back to some of the older episodes and does anyone have any idea what Dr. Jenner whispered to Rick as they were leaving the CDC? Somehow they have to answer that question.
I know DH said the CDC wasn't in the comic. I read that we may finally get the answer in the season finale.

Ruprect
03-19-2012, 11:04 AM
So in hindsight what Jenner whispered to Rick isn't all that surprising. I wonder what the implications are though. If they're infected already but not turned then they are basically immune. Does this mean if they are bitten or scratched they can't be turned?

Overall an entertaining finale although a little annoyed at everybody's reaction to Rick about him "taking care of" Shane. It was self defense. Stop acting so appalled.

Oh and hoodie guy? What in the world did he have chained up with him? Can't wait until the fall.

dnickels
03-19-2012, 11:29 AM
So in hindsight what Jenner whispered to Rick isn't all that surprising. I wonder what the implications are though. If they're infected already but not turned then they are basically immune. Does this mean if they are bitten or scratched they can't be turned?

Overall an entertaining finale although a little annoyed at everybody's reaction to Rick about him "taking care of" Shane. It was self defense. Stop acting so appalled.

Oh and hoodie guy? What in the world did he have chained up with him? Can't wait until the fall.

It wouldn't mean that they're immune - Shane for example was killed by Rick and then he turned. It just means that even without being scratched/bitten/killed a person would turn into a walker after death. I haven't read the comics so I don't know if there are any further implications of that info, but it would pose a problem for bands of survivors as anyone who passes away in their group (heart attack / old age / cancer / accident, etc.) would almost instantly become a walker among them.

The hooded character is Michonne. You can check the Wikipedia entry on that name if you want a little info on her, though it may provide some spoiler info for the future depending on where the television show goes with things.