PDA

View Full Version : Dining Reviews - Last week of February 2012

CanadaLovesDisney
03-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Hi everyone - Just wanted to post some brief reviews on the restaurants we tried during our trip in February. These are simply OUR opinions of the service and our food. We had reservations for every table dinner for our free dining!

Via Napoli - Epcot - The food here was very good. We had pizza and one member of our party had the eggplant parm which they absolutely loved. One complaint is that it is very noisy in this restaurant even when it is not THAT busy. The service was really good here and they were so-so with allergies. The only nut-free dessert was a gluten free brownie which was good as far as packaged brownies go. We would go back to this place again.

Tony's Town Square - MK - We always make a point to go here during each and every trip. This time around we found the food to be ...okay. Nothing special - the menu hasn't changed much over the years...(which is what some people really like - consistency). However we would like to see a bit of a more diverse dessert menu and maybe some new options. I think its really just our party wanting to change things up. We really like eating at magic kingdom at least once so maybe next time we should try another one of the MK table service restaurants... Any suggestions?

Mama Melrose - Hollywood Studios - We have put this place on our MUST DO list for the future. We found the food to be REALLY good here and service was GREAT! The atmosphere is a bit generic italian american but the food makes all the difference. I had the gnocci with vegetables and it was FANTASTIC! The dessert was good here too. We definitely recommend this place!

San Angel Inn - Epcot - I know there are alot of bad reviews out there about this place but we really like it. The atmosphere is interested and the food is good. We really like the warm chips they start you off with. (Keeping in mind we live in Canada so the closest we get to mexican cuisine is taco bell - no joke). We had the mahi mahi which was really tasty and the chicken dish was also great! The server (I believe his name was Vincent) was really friendly and was always available to refill drinks! Allergies at this location were well-handled - the chef came right to our table and he had the entire menu memorized.

Le Cellier - Epcot - Due to heavy rain we were about 30 mins late for our reservation and they let us almost right in! We were shocked! We really feel this place is worth the two table credits. We had the steaks, the pork and the quiche. The desserts were great and they were very good with our nut/seed/sunflower allergy. The chef only comes out for allergies upon request and it was really busy so we opted to just talk to the server.

Coral Reef - Epcot - We love seafood so we really like coral reef. The service was really good and we were in and out in just the right amount of time. We had the sampler appetizer and the mussels. For dinner we did the mahi mahi, a chicken salad, and the lobster ravioli. Dessert was chocolate wave, jack daniels moose and the creme brulee. AMAZING!!!!! They were also very good with allergies - the chef did not come out we communicated through the server.

That's all for now! Thanks for reading! :mickey:

cer
03-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Thank you for the report. We really enjoyed San Angel on our last trip, too. :thumbsup:

dizneydeb22
03-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Thank you for the input. As far as recommendation for a restaurant in MK, we always enjoy Crystal Palace. It is a little hectic, so this may not be what you are looking for, but we always enjoy the character interaction and the food. I must add that the youngest in our party is 13, but the characters are always the highlight...Tigger is hilarious!

Dragongirlx
03-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Thanks for posting this. We are booking 4 of these resturants for our trip in September so it was good to hear the reviews.

SBETigg
03-13-2012, 01:30 PM
We have been to some wonderful Mexican restaurants and Tex-Mex places, but we still always have a good meal and a good time at San Angel Inn. I'm glad it was good for you. Love all the reviews, thanks.

MK restaurants: we tend to eat outside the park or get counter service only in the MK. The restaurant selections just don't thrill us. But, in the future, when it opens, you can maybe try the Be Our Guest restaurant with the Beauty and the Beast theme.

mom2morgan
03-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Thank you! We're planning to book the last three you mention and have never been to any of them - and I was frankly NOT all that keen on San Angel, so this is good news :-)

Gator
03-13-2012, 07:41 PM
You should try the Liberty Tree Tavern at MK. The food is so down home.

Really shocked that you like San Angel...until you said you were from Canada. Just has some friends tell us the same thing about TacoBell being the only Mex place there.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-14-2012, 11:22 AM
We like Crystal Palace in MK, its not fancy but is a consistently good buffet. Plus you get Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet.