PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier Pretzel Sticks

Disney-4-Me
03-11-2012, 09:47 PM
We are planning a trip for the end of September for a group of 9. We just got free dining so everyone gets a vote for places to dine. The majority voted to go to the Spirit of Aloha luau so we will be using 2 of our 4 TS credits. The 2 youngest in our group want to go to Le Cellier, but that would use up our last two credits. After talking to the boys I found out that they both only want to go for the pretzel sticks.

So, is there a way to purchase an order of pretzel sticks without having to use up our credits there to buy a meal?

BrerGnat
03-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Have you looked around grocery stores in your area? These are becoming quite popular. I see them pretty frequently these days. Our Target even sells them. I've seen them at Whole Foods, Harris Teeter (supermarket), Target.

They are usually in the fresh bakery section. Look around. Might save you from needing to use those TS credits. ;)

Would they settle for a Mickey Head pretzel instead?

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
03-12-2012, 08:59 AM
If you do Le Cellier for Lunch - a little different menu, but the pretzel bread is served and lunch is only 1 TS credit.

LudwigVonDrake
03-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Would they settle for a Mickey Head pretzel instead?

I want to try one of those myself! :mickey:

zipadeedoodah
03-12-2012, 01:25 PM
The pretzel bread at Le Cellier is so good. And It does taste different than just getting any soft pretzel at a cart around the parks. Now that dinner is signature dining, we are deciding to do a late lunch around 2:00 at Le Cellier, which is still 1 Table service credit. They still have outstanding choices on the menu like the mushroom filet mignon, and the fantastic cheddar cheese soup! And the bread choices are included with the meals as well, so you can still indulge in all of the pretzel bread you can gobble up!:eat:

Scott C
03-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Of course you could just go in and order the cheddar cheese soup and pay out of pocket -- you would not have to use the dining plan at all for that snack

Scott C

Disney-4-Me
03-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Thanks for all of the responses. I don't think the boys would be satisfied with anything less than the Le Cellier pretzel bread though. We may have to duck in for a quick soup and pretzel bread
lunch.

I'm intrigued by the Mickey head pretzel. I don't think I've ever seen them. Where can they be found?

BrerGnat
03-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Thanks for all of the responses. I don't think the boys would be satisfied with anything less than the Le Cellier pretzel bread though. We may have to duck in for a quick soup and pretzel bread
lunch.

I'm intrigued by the Mickey head pretzel. I don't think I've ever seen them. Where can they be found?

They debuted in Frontierland at MK. Not sure if this is the only place you can find them still. They should be located around the rest of the parks by now.

You can get them with hot cheese dipping sauce too! :)

disneynarula
03-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Go for lunch!

Disney4
03-15-2012, 11:13 AM
lunch.

We love the soup and bread as well, but were wondering what the response would be if we went only for soup and maybe an appetizer for lunch. Has anyone done this and what is the response from the staff when you aren't ordering an entree'???

BrerGnat
03-15-2012, 02:11 PM
We love the soup and bread as well, but were wondering what the response would be if we went only for soup and maybe an appetizer for lunch. Has anyone done this and what is the response from the staff when you aren't ordering an entree'???

The staff cannot obligate you to order anything more than what you want. You could go in there and order a cup of coffee, and they'd have to deal with it.

I think going in at lunchtime for just soup/light apps would be more than acceptable.

If it were ME, I'd probably leave a larger tip, as I always do when I dine out and the bill ends up being very low. I have this rule that I will never leave less than a $5 tip.

mariak
03-15-2012, 05:51 PM
We ate at LeCellier in Sept. and they served us bread instead of the long variety of bread/pretzel sticks. Not sure if that was a fluke or if it was a permenant change??? We have some friends there now so I'll ask what they received with their dinner.

Also, we generally book lunch there as well since it's only 1 credit and we can still eat our favorites.

Maria:mickey:

disneynarula
03-17-2012, 03:29 PM
We have been there a few times and just ordered soup and bread.

TIdoubleGR
03-18-2012, 01:43 PM
I know we have ordered the pretzel breadsticks and cheese soup to go before. Usually they just need to wait for a waiter/waitress who has a free moment to place the order for you, bring it back out to you, and then you pay the tab right there. Now I remember reading something recently saying that Le Cellier may no longer be doing this, but when we did it, it was extremely quick, easy, and we were able to just pay out of pocket without needing to use any sort of credits on the dining plan.

You can always make some kind of lunch reservation to be safe, and call down there to see if they can accommodate you, whatever scenario you may be looking to live out. If they will take walk-up to go orders still, then great- if not, then at least you have your lunch reservation to be on the safe side.

Fastpasssteve
03-19-2012, 02:40 AM
In the Germany section of the World Showcase...back under the awning by the main Oktoberfest Restaurant, is a counter-service that sells pretzels and brautwursts. Those pretzels are wonderful. Try that.