PDA

View Full Version : Character breakfast

Tank3434
03-11-2012, 07:43 PM
In a few days I can makes ADRs for our Sept trip. Its our first trip with our 17month old and Im really looking forward to it. We are staying at WL i do plan on doing character breakfast at Poly but do you think I should either try Chef Mickeys or CP for breakfast on out MK day? I dot want to over do things but dont want to miss out either. Is there a such thing as too many character meals? Any other tips would b greatly appreciated!

amorillo
03-11-2012, 08:05 PM
I'd go with CP with an early reservation. Just that walk down main street with no crowds is worth it! :D But my DH & DS both say the food at breakfast is way better at CP!

cajundisneyfreak
03-11-2012, 11:37 PM
My personal favorite is Chef Mickey's.The food is good and you get the fab 5 characters(Mickey,Minnie,Pluto,Goofy,And Donald).:cloud9:

Disney-4-Me
03-12-2012, 05:04 AM
Chef Mickey's has been a favorite of ours for children in our group of all ages. Everyone can find something they love to eat and there is a party atmosphere that children love. The characters are patient when posing for photos. We eat at Chef Mickey's on almost every trip.:thumbsup:

ANG
03-12-2012, 08:22 AM
We love Chef Mickey's and so does our preschool son.

tinxmom
03-12-2012, 09:00 AM
CP all the way! We have not missed this on a trip yet starting when my oldest was 4 yrs old (with infant sister in tow) to our latest trip with 20 yr old son and teenage sisters! Can't beat the location - you are right there by fantasyland!

spoonfulosugar
03-12-2012, 10:27 AM
We're big Chef Mickey fans...kids are currently 6, 4, and 21 months. All 3 were freaked out by the characters around 18 months though-just something to think about ;)

Tank3434
03-15-2012, 11:38 AM
Maybe Ill jsut do the breakfst at Poly and wait till next time when I dont have to worry about him being scared to try something else. Now do I do Poly or Chef mickeys???? decisions decisions!

spoonfulosugar
03-15-2012, 11:46 AM
I say, Chef Mickey's :mickey:

ElenitaB
03-15-2012, 08:58 PM
If you're going to be at the Poly, how about the breakfast at 'Ohana with Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch?

AmandaChan
03-15-2012, 10:31 PM
we had reservations at ohana for breakfast last year but family wanted to cancel. I was really looking forward to it. If I had to pick between the two I would probably try poly, but I haven't been to neither so I have no experience to go by :)

ShanlovesMickey
03-20-2012, 03:01 PM
We have done both. Chef Mickeys was for breakfast and it was wonderful. The characters spent a lot of time with the kids. We have also done lunch at CP. My youngest use to love all the Pooh characters so we decided on that one one year. The characters were fun but I wasn't crazy about the meal. It might have been because of all the excitment of meeting the characters & my childrens first visit to Disney. I think you have to decide which characters you think your child will like the best. Have fun! I don't think you could go wrong either way!

Shannon

mydisneygirls
03-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Chef Mickey's! There is more of a selection of food there and I think your little one will enjoy it there more.

MrPeetrie
03-21-2012, 07:18 PM
I'd go with CP with an early reservation. Just that walk down main street with no crowds is worth it! :D But my DH & DS both say the food at breakfast is way better at CP!

We do the same on each trip. Usually, it's our first full day on property (and my most-anticipated event of the trip).

If I had to advise -- and both are great options -- I'd go with the Crystal Palace precisely of the reason stated by amorillo; you can get in the park before it opens if you make your ADRs early enough. Great photo opportunity.

Also, the kids do a parade line around the restaurant at CP. That's always fun for the kids. At Chef Mickey's, there's usually a napkin-waving thingy going on.