PDA

View Full Version : double stroller question

Dyanna
03-11-2012, 09:17 AM
When we travel with friends this Oct they will be taking a double wide jogging stroller with them for their 3 little ones. I know the gates at the turnstiles to enter the parks can handle a single stroller but are they wide enough for a double wide to get thru the gate or will they have to fold it to get past?

GAN
03-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Someone else can confirm, but I'm pretty sure you will be going through the handicap gate -not the turnstile. The biggest headache for you probably come from getting on and off the buses -if you're using them for transportation.

03-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Some "double wide" strollers have gotten so wide that we have to search the line for a gate that will take some of them, but they can be brought in.

The biggest problem with these superwides is navigating them through the sidewalks and the general crowds in the parks.

My take, and I see it everyday I work, is "narrower is better", just to ease the hassles.

Just for information, 2 of my work locations are turnstiles and Parade Audience Control, so I think I may have seen every type of stroller made working the last 3 years or so. There is a limit on the width that is supposed to be allowed in but it is not enforced. We are not issued tape measures to measure them, just a couple of "types", because of the way the front wheel sticks out, that have to be exchanged for a Disney stroller.

DisneyLuver91
03-11-2012, 01:19 PM
My take, and I see it everyday I work, is "narrower is better", just to ease the hassles.

I do agree, but NEVER bring a front-to-back double stroller. They are nearly impossible to maneuver in many areas. It is also very nice to the Cast Members who have to park your stroller because front-to-back ones are awkward to put into a spot.

spoonfulosugar
03-12-2012, 10:21 AM
All strollers get pushed through the handicap gates, so it won't be an issue.