PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk vs. Yacht & Beach Club

NyDisneyGirl
03-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Hi everyone, I'm going to be staying at the Boardwalk for this first time this May. (I've stayed pretty much everywhere at WDW, my favorite is the Grand Floridan and Animal Kingdom). Since I wanted to stay in the Epcot area for the first time I booked the Boardwalk. I'm debating on whether I should change my reservations to the Beach Club or Yacht Club, since I cannot make up my mind. Any thoughts or suggestions? They all seem equally nice, but I heard that the Boardwalk can be kind of noisy and I'm looking for something a bit more quiet. Thanks!

SBETigg
03-10-2012, 12:32 PM
I haven't stayed at Boardwalk or Yacht Club. My experience is from spending time in the Yacht Club when I stayed at the Beach Club. YC definitely has a more serious, adult vibe. It's a little darker on the inside with lots of mahogany and ornate touches that don't really scream for little fingers to explore. I liked it and wish we had stayed there over the Beach Club, which really wasn't for us. But if you like whimsical touches and bright spaces, I would say that the Yacht Club is definitely lacking in whimsy and probably the much quieter of the two.

NyDisneyGirl
03-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Thank you for your reply. I find it so hard to choose between Disney resorts because each one has something appealing. Decisions, decisions.

BrerGnat
03-10-2012, 01:11 PM
The Boardwalk is actually a very quiet hotel. I stayed there last May for 5 nights.

However, I would recommend the Yacht Club. For one, the facilites at YC/BC are better than Boardwalk (by this I am referring to the pools, spas, fitness center, gift shop). I like the location of YC better than BWI, personally. Also, the rooms at YC were more recently refurbished, so they are a bit more fresh and new. The Boardwalk room I stayed in (on Club Level) was noticeably worn and borderline shabby.

The Boardwalk was more convenient to DHS, but that's about it. I have stayed at BC twice and far prefer that side of the lake. I like the vibe over there more. :thumbsup:

Scar
03-10-2012, 01:27 PM
I've stayed at BWI and BC once each. I prefered BWI. The standard room I had was one of the most quiet rooms I've ever stayed in. The prefered (more expensive) rooms overlooking the boardwalk may be noisey, not sure. I like to walk so being closer to
DHS was nice, and being slightly farther to Epcot from BC was no big deal. Also, catching the BW entertainment on my way back to the room from Epcot at night was a cool plus, didn't really do that when I was at BC.

NyDisneyGirl
03-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm seriously thinking of switching my reservation to the Yacht Club now! :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
03-11-2012, 11:02 AM
We've enjoyed both, but given the choice, we'd go back to BC. We did find BW to be a bit noisier - but certainly not bad enough to keep us from returning. We just prefer the layout, the rooms, and the pool option at BC.

You don't have a bad choice here! Enjoy your trip.

ThanxForNoticin
03-11-2012, 11:03 AM
We've enjoyed both, but given the choice, we'd go back to BC. We did find BW to be a bit noisier - but certainly not bad enough to keep us from returning. We just prefer the layout, the rooms, and the pool option at BC.

You don't have a bad choice here! Enjoy your trip.

Sorry - meant to type YC!

NyDisneyGirl
03-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Hi everyone, switched my reservation to the Yacht Club! So looking forward to this! Thanks for all your feedback. :mickey: