PDA

View Full Version : How to go from MK to Epcot

special ed teacher
03-10-2012, 08:34 AM
I would like to know how to get from MK to Epcot with and without monarail.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
03-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Monorail - Take the Epcot monorail to the TTC and transfer to a MK monorail.

Non Monorail - Take a MK Bus to the TTC and transfer to Boat to MK.

A Big Kid
03-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Take a bus to one of the following hotels Y&BC, BW, Swan & Dolphin (in order of closest to farthest) and walk through the International Gateway.

SBETigg
03-10-2012, 12:57 PM
From MK to Epcot by monorail:
Take the monorail (express or resort monorail, both stop at the Transportation Ticket Center) or ferry to the TTC, then transfer to the Epcot monorail. It's a separate monorail, so even if you take the monorail from MK, you will need to change monorails to go to Epcot. You will arrive at the Future World entrance.

From MK to Epcot by bus:
Take a bus to any of the Epcot area resorts and walk or boat over, go in through the International Gateway, which takes you into World Showcase. I think you could also catch an Epcot bus from the TTC is you prefer, which would bring you in the Future World entrance.

Main Street Jim
03-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Monorail - Take the Epcot monorail to the TTC and transfer to a MK monorail.

Non Monorail - Take a MK Bus to the TTC and transfer to Boat to MK.Just pointing out that they were wanting to get TO Epcot FROM MK, not the other way around :)

Non Monorail - Take a MK Bus to the TTC and transfer to Boat to MK...and that this won't work, anyways. There is no bus from EPCOT to the TTC (that I know of, anyways; only FROM AK and DHS to the TTC).

Scar
03-10-2012, 02:08 PM
There is no bus from EPCOT to the TTC (that I know of, anyways; only FROM AK and DHS to the TTC).Yea, I don't know for sure either, but it sure wouldn't make any sense to run an empty bus back and forth between TTC and Epcot all day. :confused:

wdwfansince75
03-10-2012, 05:06 PM
We do lots of park hopping...and learned long ago fastest way to World Showcase from MK (for ADR's) is the bus from MK to Beach Club, and the short walk to the International entrance of EPCOT....

Have also done the MK-TTC ferry, and the TTC-EPCOT monorail when going from MK to Future World...although the express monorail to TTC and then, the TTC-EPCOT monorail seems to take less time....

mom2morgan
03-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Where exactly does the International Gateway come into Epcot? And how far really is it from there to the bus stop mentioned above?(comparing, say, to the distance from the monorail to the gates of MK, or something else I can reference)

stitchingirl
03-10-2012, 08:26 PM
The international gateway entrance comes in right on the side of England's pavilion.

bleukarma
03-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Where exactly does the International Gateway come into Epcot? And how far really is it from there to the bus stop mentioned above?(comparing, say, to the distance from the monorail to the gates of MK, or something else I can reference)

International Gateway is located between UK and France. The walk from Beachclub resort to International Gateway is a good 5-10 min. It's a little further then the monorail to MK gates.

There is also a boat from Beachclub/Yacht Club dock that will take you to Epcot International Gateway. It's quicker to just walk it because the boat stops to pick up/let off people from all the Epcot resort area hotels. But if you're looking to save some walking then it's an option.

Note that if you go through International Gateway before World Showcase opens at 11 they have it roped off and you have to walk all the way to Future World. They don't let you stop and stroll through the countries until after 11am.

Jared
03-11-2012, 09:34 AM
The International Gateway lets you into Epcot between the France and United Kingdom pavilions of World Showcase.

As for the walk from the resorts, it only takes about five minutes from the Yacht and Beach Club. It's a bit farther from the others, but it's still quite close.

LVT
03-12-2012, 08:34 AM
You could add details of where you want to be and the time. This could allow more specific answers.
IE; I am in MK and want pasteries from France to have for breakfast. It is 8pm
1st choice : bus to Yacht/Beach/Boardwalk and take the path to International gateway. Now I take a left turn over a bridge and arrive in France.

2nd choice: I am in MK and want to shop at the specialty store near Spaceship Earth.
It is 6pm and all monorails are running:
Option 1: Ferry to TTC Monorail to Epcot and in via front gate.
Option 2: Monorail to TTC, then 2nd monorail to Epcot and in via front gate.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
03-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Just pointing out that they were wanting to get TO Epcot FROM MK, not the other way around :)

...and that this won't work, anyways. There is no bus from EPCOT to the TTC (that I know of, anyways; only FROM AK and DHS to the TTC).

I just now noticed that.

There is no bus FROM MK TO Epcot but there IS a bus FROM Epcot TO MK.