PDA

View Full Version : POFQ - Building Preference

Bubsy
03-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Dear All,

I just changed my reservation from POP to PORFQ and requested a standard room in either buildings 3 or 4. Which building is better in your opinion? On the map, they appear to be about the same distance to the main building and bus stop.

Based on the description on the Disney website, the standard rooms offer a better view and location than the garden rooms. Is this true? The garden rooms are more expensive.

Did I make the right choice or should I change my request to a different building?

Thanks for your advice and input.

Have a Magical Day!!!

buzznwoodysmom
03-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Honestly, there's not a bad building in the whole resort. This resort is so small that no matter where you end up you are still a very short walk to EVERYTHING!

My favorite location was building 5, but I believe that may have been a water view, we had a view of the pool. We were also in building 1, also with a water view (that was a view of the river). Building 1 was probably just about as far away from everything as you can get (I think), yet the walk was still really quick, quicker than at any other resort.

tadshome
03-10-2012, 02:39 AM
As already mentioned the resort is so small that no building is any real distance from anything. I have stayed in buildings 2 and 5 and they are very close to the pool and riverboat but still just a couple of minutes from the main building and bus stops. You will have a fab time :mickey:

mgmnut
03-10-2012, 06:08 AM
We also stayed in building 1, which is the last building on the south end of the resort right next to the river. We were still just a couple minutes walk from everything. I don't think there is a bad building in this resort distance wise. To note, On this trip I had just had the second out of 3 reconstructive surgeries on my left ankle, and was still doing Physical Therapy. I still had no issues getting from one end of the resort to the other. I actually enjoyed the walk, especially early in the morning, it was so quiet with a light mist on the river. By far my favorite Mod!

LoveofEVERYTHINGDisney
03-10-2012, 06:22 AM
I whole-heartedly agree with everyone's opinion that there is not a "bad" building in all of POFQ. I too have some ankle issues -3 fusions and 10 total surgeries. I live with chronic pain. That being said, I have no problems walking the grounds of POFQ.:cloud9: We have stayed here many times and have never requested a particular building b/c they are all good. Everything is in close proximity. Even if you don't get your preferences - don't worry - you'll be within a few minutes walk of everything!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
03-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Yep, no bad buildings - We are getting a garden room (because of pin code), so I'm looking forward to not seeing the parking lot (which is what we usually end up seeing.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-10-2012, 09:26 PM
We had the "worst" room possible at POFQ a couple of trip ago ... looking over the garbage dumpster, and I was 100% FINE!

I loved building 4, since it was super close (like almost close enough that it was silly to put your shoes on), and the view really didn't bother us at all.

We've stayed in building 2, 5 and 4 ... and 2 was my favourite, but you'll be just fine in whatever room you get at POFQ, especially since they are all nice and reburbed.

goofygirl67
03-10-2012, 09:41 PM
I have stayed in buildings 3,4,5. 5 was river view while the others were standard. I preferred building 3, it was on the second floor facing the walkway. I never had a parking lot view at FQ.

garymacd
03-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Parts of Building 7 are about as far away from the main building as you can get, but as others have said, there are no bad buildings or rooms. We, too, have had rooms close to the receiving and garbage area and never heard or smelled a thing.

I think some rooms in Building 1 may have a close view of the parking area, but most are screened by bushes, hedges and trees.

Oh, wait! I'm supposed to be talking POFQ down so there will be more room for me when I get there!

It's terrible! It's too small! Everything is too close together! There is only one pool - unless you count the kiddie splash pool and hot tub. The boat only goes to DtD and Riverside! The beignets will make you fat! There is only one bus stop! There are way too many gardens! It's too close to EPCOT - you can hear Illuminations clear as a bell!

Tongue planted firmly in cheek, of course!

brownie
03-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Oh, wait! I'm supposed to be talking POFQ down so there will be more room for me when I get there!

It's terrible! It's too small! Everything is too close together! There is only one pool - unless you count the kiddie splash pool and hot tub. The boat only goes to DtD and Riverside! The beignets will make you fat! There is only one bus stop! There are way too many gardens! It's too close to EPCOT - you can hear Illuminations clear as a bell!

Tongue planted firmly in cheek, of course!

You forgot not enough walking to keep you healthy! :D

LudwigVonDrake
03-12-2012, 12:38 PM
The resort is small enough that no building is too far away. A few years ago I stayed in building 4 and it was close to the main building and the bus stop :mickey:

megandgarr
03-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Hi,

I just booked a garden view at this hotel. From those who have stayed here before, can you give me an idea of what building we might be in, or is it possible to have a garden view from any of the buildings? I am looking at the layout and just trying to narrow down where we might end up.

Thanks!

Alaska Disney Fan
03-17-2012, 10:41 PM
Garden view room consist of a view of the "interior streets" so could be any building. You won't be disappointed, it's a great place to stay.

Tinkerbella16
03-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Like everyone else stated, there is not a far building at POFQ. I absolutely love this resort and I am close to booking my first solo trip there for September! Last time I stayed there, I was in Building 1, towards the back facing the parking lot and it was not bad at all.. every building is so close to the main building, pool and boat dock to POR/DTD. You won't have to worry at any one you are in. I cannot wait to book my trip now!! :mickey: