PDA

View Full Version : Wait list questions

Gocubs
03-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Will be booking our first DVC stay next week. Hoping to get BLT since we will have small kids to cut down on the travel. Couple of questions about the process though.

Say we have to waitlist at BLT and we book an alternate location. If the wait list comes through, will the previously booked reservation automatically cancel? Does this system assume your wait list is still your first choice?

Can all of this be done online? I just want to make sure I am prepared for next week.

Aurora
03-09-2012, 02:04 PM
If your waitlist comes through, you are rebooked at the waitlist location and your original location is automatically cancelled. So yes, the system assumes your waitlist(s) are your first choice.

You are allowed to have two waitlists active. If one of the waitlists comes through, your other waitlist is cancelled as well as your original location.

You can waitlist online, but I've read little quirks that will still make me call member services to book.

On our last vacation, we called right at the 7-month window and got BLT with no waitlist.

Good luck!

Gocubs
03-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Thank you. We are traveling with another couple and child. So 4 adults, two 4-year olds. We would ideally like to book two studio's, but that might be tough from what I have read.

We have enough points this year for a 2 bedroom also. Studio would be first choice though. Think it will be tough to get two rooms?

Gocubs
03-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Another booking question. Is there a way to designate online that you want two studio rooms? I am afraid of booking one studio, and then there not being any remaining for the guests that are traveling with us.

Is it better just to call in this situation? If not available, would this count as "two" waitlists?

Aurora
03-09-2012, 10:01 PM
I would definitely call. The member services staff are very helpful and will be able to walk you through all your options and answer your questions.