PDA

View Full Version : What should we do for the evening??

Terra
03-08-2012, 02:19 PM
So we are leaving this Sunday [the 11th] for our 5 day/4 night vacation at WDW at the POP! [traveling so far you know, 40 miles away ;)]. But a first real family vacation for us since the boy's births 5 years ago!

Sunday we are doing T-Rex/DTD at 12:30 and then checking into our room at 3pm. Explore, swim, all that. No parks that day.

What would you do or suggest to do for the evening?? I've really only ever done day trips to the park so I have no real grasp of the resorts or other WDW things to do [aside from DTD].

Our sons are 5 and 3 years old so it has to be kid friendly :)

We are so excited!!!

tennantsrwe
03-08-2012, 02:22 PM
While you're at DTD maybe doing Characters in Flight would be fun =)

AgentC
03-08-2012, 03:32 PM
I have a 3 and 6 year old. They really enjoy the Winter Summerland mini golf course. There are two mini golf courses. One is Summer themed. One is Winter themed and both are kid friendly. We have started doing them as evening activities when we don't want to go back to the park.

Another option is a movie. Most of the resorts do evening movies. That can be fun too. Fort Wilderness and the Yacht /Beach Club do a movie and a fire with marshmallow roasting.

joonyer
03-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Here's another idea that your kids may find fun. Catch the bus from Pop to Epcot (short ride). Then get on the monorail, and ride the loop from Epcot to TTC. Then you can ride the MK loop and then either ride the Epcot loop back or catch a bus from TTC back to Pop. It' fun riding the monorail, doesn't use any park admission or cost any $$, and your kids can see two of the parks while riding and build a little more excitement for the next day. My boys really enjoyed it.

Kenny1113
03-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Another option is a movie. Most of the resorts do evening movies. That can be fun too. Fort Wilderness and the Yacht /Beach Club do a movie and a fire with marshmallow roasting.

:ditto:

buzznwoodysmom
03-08-2012, 05:39 PM
I would head to the Boardwalk that night. There are entertainers along the boardwalk that my kids have always enjoyed watching. There are tons of shops and stuff to see.

You can have dinner, or just ice cream, at Beaches N Cream over at Beach Club. You don't need an ADR for Beaches N Cream, so it's a nice walk up kind of place, but sometimes can have a bit of a wait.

We absolutely love the walk around the Epcot resort loop. It may be a long walk for the little ones, but you walk right by Epcot, and can often hear some of the sounds from WS. You can rent Surrey bikes and ride the loop instead of walking it. You can also take the boats from Boardwalk to the Beach/Yacht Club resorts.

Over at the Beach Club they normally have nightly movies under the stars, complete with a small beach campfire and smores.

The good thing about the Boardwalk/Beach Club area is that once you arrive there is so much to do all in one spot, and it's not nearly as crowded as Downtown Disney in the evenings.

My other suggestion would be to head to a monorail resort and visit the resorts along the monorail. I'm sure your boys would be thrilled to ride in the monorail. Hopping the Epcot monorail just for a quick "ride through" was always one of my boys' favorite things to do, especially back when you could ride up front with the pilot. You can have dinner at one of the CS locations along the route. Grand Floridian, Contemporary, and the Poly also have the "movies under the stars".

Whatever you decide to do I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time!

Terra
03-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Thank you all! What fun ideas! Yes, my boys adore the monorail! They think that IS an attraction!! :blush:

So many good suggestions, so little time!!