PDA

View Full Version : Parents night out splurge during Food & Wine festival

mook3y
03-08-2012, 12:09 PM
We have been looking at our options for our parents night out on our upcoming trip.

I would love some input on what we are looking at so far and/or any other suggestions.

The top 2 on our list are

Victoria & Albert's
Party for the Senses

I am much more of a foodie than my DW (who doesn't like sea food). So maybe the party is a better option over all? But I figure the chef at VA's will accomadate that.

We would also do the wine pairing.

If anyone has done both, I would be interested in your review of them.

Any other suggestions? Saw the Signature dinners, but think I would rather try VA's than one of those.

TIA.

SBETigg
03-08-2012, 12:26 PM
I think Victoria and Albert's is truly an experience and I would recommend that-- except you can do that one any time and the Party for the Senses is only there during F & W. If you're a foodie, I think they are both experiences you want to have eventually. Bistro de Paris is also really good, though not quite V & A.

If you're looking for an exquisite dining experience, V & A will be more that. If you're looking to have some fun and try a variety of new and different dishes in smaller doses, then you want the Party for the Senses.

Scar
03-08-2012, 01:04 PM
In case it matters, V&A means packing extra clothes (jacket, dress, shoes, etc.) I've never been to Party for the Senses but I don't think there is a dress code, although what do I know.