PDA

View Full Version : What is the quickest route to Expedition Everest from front gate of Animal Kingdom?

Alpha Jeanie
03-07-2012, 04:02 PM
What is the quickest path to Expedition Everest from the front entrance of Animal Kingdom? Would you go through Discovery Island or through Dinoland?

We will be there for EMH in the morning and hope to be some of the first mousketeers in line for the ride......I can dream!:cloud9:

IamBelle
03-07-2012, 04:27 PM
I think the quickest route to get there would be to go through Dinoland U.S.A...if I remember correctly there is a path that goes past Finding Nemo: The Musical and you cross a bridge, and in no time you're in Asia at EE.

Strmchsr
03-07-2012, 05:30 PM
It's 6 one half dozen the other in terms of turning right and going through Dinoland or turning left and going through Africa. Either way, going around Discovery Island is the way to go but EE is almost exactly in the middle in the back of the park so it doesn't matter too much which way you go. Going right might be slightly faster.

faline
03-07-2012, 05:39 PM
I agree with Chris. One way is not significantly faster than the other and partially depends upon how quickly the members of your party walk and how many slow walkers you encounter walking in front of you.

BrerGnat
03-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Going through Discovery Island and then around Asia is actually a shorter distance. The queue for Everest is more towards Asia than Dinoland. Of course, if there is a mass of humanity heading in one particular way, you'd be wise to go the opposite way. :mickey:

Grumpy.
03-07-2012, 05:52 PM
My vote is for turning right and going thru Dinoland and past Nemo. My reasoning....less people go that way at rope drop and you can get to EE as fast as you can go, you aren't limited by crowds blocking your path.

badkitty
03-07-2012, 06:16 PM
My vote is for turning right and going thru Dinoland and past Nemo. My reasoning....less people go that way at rope drop and you can get to EE as fast as you can go, you aren't limited by crowds blocking your path.

I agree less people go the Dinoland route but not necessarily though will you be able to go as fast as you want. I have been behind CM "ropes" all the way to Everest and I have gone both directions.

MNDisney Dad
03-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Dinoland. Reason: Quite a few people will be heading to KS at park opening.

DizneyRox
03-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Dinoland. Reason: Quite a few people will be heading to KS at park opening.
I wouldn't head towards Africa, that's absolutely the long/wrong way...

Right at the Tree of Life, bear left after Tough to be a Bug towards Asia, then turn right once you get over the bridge towards Yak and Yeti, and follow the path towards EE.

As mentioned, you may get stuck behind some CMs keeping order at rope drop, so all bets are off.

WDW-Geek
03-08-2012, 09:13 AM
I've found it to be a gamble either way. It really depends on the CM's leading the rabble and the "slow mover but I gotta walk in the middle of the path" people. :fit:

MOJoe
03-08-2012, 10:53 AM
I've found it to be a gamble either way. It really depends on the CM's leading the rabble.....

Ditto this. I have heard my share of "NO Running in the Parks!" barked out by CM's no matter which way i turn.
Really, unless it is your goal to be in the very first train of the day, it won't matter. If you are some of the first ones in the park you will be able to ride EE at least 3 times before any significant line forms.