PDA

View Full Version : Episode 30 - Little Red Is Not Okay

John
03-07-2012, 01:00 PM
The Cast: Ian Mitchell, Gary O’Brien, Michael Montanez, Melanie Bounds

- Valentines Day Roundup

- Fast Pass Times Now To Be Enforced?

- The effect of social media & technology on the parks.

- A couple of Horizons metions. Why don’t they open Body Wars when Test Track goes down

- Crazy Disney Collectors

- Disney World thinks we don’t have an attention span. Disneyland does? Where is our sense of exploration. Where are the parks and our experiences headed?

- Ian violates our terms of service and then channels his inner Andy Rooney

- INTERCOT Best Of - Ride Vehicle: Ian - Mr. Toad, Gary - Mission Space, Melanie - Maelstrom, Michael - Disneyland Buzz Lightyear, John - 20,000 Leagues

- Kilamanjaro Story Change

- Drained Jaws at Universal and Garys Column (visit him on facebook)

- New Kids Menu Items effective February 15

- We mention some of our listeners favorite hidden mickeys

- Cylon Mel makes an appearance

- John pictures darthmacho as Pedro

- Ian’s stay in the castle - yes, we have heard it before…

- Disney Profits

- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

- Mel was on Beard and Mustache watch and totally forgot about it.

Sponsored by: The Official Ticket Center & Magical Journeys Travel

>> Download, Listen, Love! (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2012/episode-30.asp)

Ian
03-07-2012, 01:57 PM
I think you guys are going to like this episode. This was one of the more fun ones we've recorded and I'll bet it comes through to the listeners.

I have to admit, the whole Pedro thing had me almost falling out of my chair laughing because it was just exactly the same thing I pictured when I thought about Darth ... My and John's parallel lives continue. ;)

John
03-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Yes - and Darth - know we love you. That's quite a few mentions lately :)

SBETigg
03-07-2012, 02:12 PM
I am actually waiting to hear stories of people there today who might be affected by the FP enforcement after seeing a few reminders on Twitter.

My favorite ride vehicle is the TTA, because you can face each other and just relax and enjoy. It adds to the shared experience being able to face people instead of being side by side.

Dopey's Girl
03-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Ok, yet again, listening at work, trying to hide the fact that I'm lauging uncontrollably! You all are the best part of my day today. Keep up the great work!

PopPhan
03-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the shout out to the PA Coal Region!!! Shikshinny is in my old playground...being from Mt. Carmel....Knoebel's, Lake Gene, Shikshinny....Lots of trips around the area growing up.

Jim&AngieMarriner
03-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Yay!! new episode!! Listening at work now.

John
03-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the shout out to the PA Coal Region!!! Shikshinny is in my old playground...being from Mt. Carmel....Knoebel's, Lake Gene, Shikshinny....Lots of trips around the area growing up.

Sweeeeeet! Love Knobel's!

AgentC
03-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Listening right now and feeling :old: after Gary's 1985/Back to the Future mention. :D

Jim&AngieMarriner
03-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Just heard you guys talking about swiming in lakes and such and how nasty it is. I totally agree, when I was a kid we used to swim in the Ohio River. Its amazing I am not waving around extra mutant arms or an eye in the middle of my head. Or maybe with some crazy sickness. That river was SOO polluted when I was growing up. Its not much better now but once in a while the water is even blue.

darthmacho
03-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Tried to download on iTunes, and it wasn't available yet. Hopefully it will be by the time I head to work tonight, because that's when I do all my Podcast listening.

Admittedly, I'm a little concerned about the mention, but I'm excited about what looks like a lot of great topics on the show summary. Looking forward to it. :sombrero:

I also could have sworn I reviewed this podcast on iTunes, but I don't see one among the listed ones. I'll get right on that...after I hear what was said about me, of course! ;)

dpamac
03-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Listening right now and feeling :old: after Gary's 1985/Back to the Future mention. :D

It's disturbing, isn't it? When I saw that movie in the theater I thought 1955 might as well have been the Stone Age. Which, I suppose, makes 1985 the Hairspray Age.

Melanie
03-07-2012, 03:35 PM

Sweeeeeet! Love Knobel's!

Just heard you guys talking about swiming in lakes and such and how nasty it is. I totally agree, when I was a kid we used to swim in the Ohio River. Its amazing I am not waving around extra mutant arms or an eye in the middle of my head. Or maybe with some crazy sickness. That river was SOO polluted when I was growing up. Its not much better now but once in a while the water is even blue.

It's disturbing, isn't it? When I saw that movie in the theater I thought 1955 might as well have been the Stone Age. Which, I suppose, makes 1985 the Hairspray Age.

This is a Disney podcast, right?

I am actually waiting to hear stories of people there today who might be affected by the FP enforcement after seeing a few reminders on Twitter.

My favorite ride vehicle is the TTA, because you can face each other and just relax and enjoy. It adds to the shared experience being able to face people instead of being side by side.

Ah yes, there ya go. :D

Sherri, I'll admit when we decided on this topic, my immediate thoughts went to the looks/themeing of the vehicle, but with your answer, I'm rethinking it. The TTA vehicles are great for the reasons you mentioned. I love being able to stretch out and take a load off and just glide along the track. :thumbsup:

Jim&AngieMarriner
03-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Agree with John about the Doombuggy being the best ride vehicle. HM is my favorite attraction because of the theming and the way everything is done ghostly/automatically plus how the audio moves from left to right and such.

See Mel? Diesney podcast related. :blush:

AgentC
03-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Ah yes, there ya go. :D

Sherri, I'll admit when we decided on this topic, my immediate thoughts went to the looks/themeing of the vehicle, but with your answer, I'm rethinking it. The TTA vehicles are great for the reasons you mentioned. I love being able to stretch out and take a load off and just glide along the track. :thumbsup:

Fine, I guess I can talk Disney if you make me. :silly:

I've seen someone post on Twitter that he was able to use three Fast Passes after the time but was "scolded" and reminded to come back during the window next time. He did not see anyone being turned away. It is only day one so maybe they will get stricter?

And I like the TTA too for the same reason, but I'll need to think on which one is my favorite.

PopPhan
03-07-2012, 03:54 PM

But, Mel......I did have my Disney part IN the podcast!! :D The Hidden Mickey's segment....
(I posted while still listening or I would have added thanks for that!)

As far as the ride vehicles, I won't say my favorite, but the one that brings back the most memories for me is the DoomBuggies -- basically the same ride vehicle as is used on the old Tilt-A-Whirl rides. Favorite, probably the train on EE.

dpamac
03-07-2012, 04:03 PM

I'd say it's more of a Disney fan podcast. By, for and about.

Melanie
03-07-2012, 04:11 PM
I've seen someone post on Twitter that he was able to use three Fast Passes after the time but was "scolded" and reminded to come back during the window next time. He did not see anyone being turned away. It is only day one so maybe they will get stricter?

See...but, but, but...if they are going to make this big deal about it, and then the day comes and they are STILL not going to strictly enforce? :bang:

As for the ride vehicles, we'd love to hear everyone's favorites and why, and then we'll relay them again on the next podcast like we did with the Mickey's. Which reminds me...I need to go post on the last podcast thread on my new favorite hidden Mickey.

And I'm just kidding on the non-Disney stuff. I love getting 'off topic' and I know I'm just as guilty as others at times getting us there. :blush:

Dopey's Girl
03-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Admittedly, I'm a little concerned about the mention, but I'm excited about what looks like a lot of great topics on the show summary. Looking forward to it. :sombrero:

Just got to this part...I'm dying laughing!!! So awesome!

BriarRose0708
03-07-2012, 04:17 PM
You can go ahead and judge me for Figment. I like that Hidden Mickey because it's the first one I ever found on my own without the help of a book or another person. So it's more of a sentimental reason for me. The ride stinks though, literally and figuratively.

AgentC
03-07-2012, 04:30 PM
See...but, but, but...if they are going to make this big deal about it, and then the day comes and they are STILL not going to strictly enforce? :bang:

I agree. It makes no sense. He posted pictures and the Fast Pass now says "Not able to accommodate late arrivals" and there is a reminder on the Times guide. Why go through all the effort and still let people on late?

Melanie
03-07-2012, 04:37 PM
I'll go ahead and add my new favorite Hidden Mickey to this thread since it is discussed in this podcast as well.

Last weekend when I was checking into Coronado Springs, I was standing in line bored waiting for my turn and was snapping pics. When you walk into the check-in area, look on the far wall towards the top and you'll see a somewhat elaborate design on the wall with the words Coronado Springs Resort. To the naked eye, it just appears there is faint lighting on it, but when I put up my iPhone to take a pic, what you see below appears. It was so cool, and I guess I made such a spectacle that I drew the attention of a manager type. He came over and asked me what I'd found and then told me they show kids this HM through their phones all the time. I'm such a geek! :mickey:

So the fact I found this one all by myself and I think it's pretty cool makes it my new favorite.

SBETigg
03-07-2012, 04:38 PM

:blush:

Well, maybe. But I think this does eliminate those people who were hanging on to them all day to use all at once at the end of the day. How long could you possibly say you were held up for/unable to ride? They might excuse an hour or so past the window, but what if you were there three hours or more later? What then? I'm guessing they run out of sympathy and don't let it slide at that point, when they previously allowed it. So not a big change, but I think there will be some people forced to change habits.

John
03-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Just opened up itunes here a second ago and it started downloading on it's own. You can also force an update. On the main podcast screen in itunes where it just has our logo, right mouseclick and choose update.

Disney Hungarian
03-07-2012, 05:16 PM
I am listening now. Just heard the reference to the Walt Disney World Explorer CD-ROM. I still have mine. Had forgotten all about it. I will have to toss it in and take a walk down memory lane. Thanks for that!

BrerGnat
03-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Ugh...don't have time to listen tonight but it sounds SO good! Back to the Future references, the WDW Explorer CD-Rom (which I tried unsuccessfully to load onto our newest computer...I guess it's too old), PA Coal country references...wait, I can't relate to that at all.

John must have gotten my "finish the podcast" vibes I was sending out telepathically last night. Can't wait to listen!

Melanie
03-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Just heard the reference to the Walt Disney World Explorer CD-ROM. I still have mine. Had forgotten all about it. I will have to toss it in and take a walk down memory lane. Thanks for that!

the WDW Explorer CD-Rom (which I tried unsuccessfully to load onto our newest computer...

Well, Sean (Disney Hungarian) just tweeted that it wasn't compatible with his computer either. Boo!

Disney Hungarian
03-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Well, Sean (Disney Hungarian) just tweeted that it wasn't compatible with his computer either. Boo!
That's right. No luck getting Windows 7 to install it. I will start a new thread in the hopes someone knows a solution.

AgentC
03-07-2012, 07:37 PM

I do have fond memories of Aquanet. :)

Melanie
03-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Listening to the 'Best of" segment right now, and :crazy: - we had our dates all messed up for when our big group pic was in front of Mission: Space and then when I rode with all you guys.

The group pic you are thinking of John is from December 2003, which was the 5th anniversary of INTERCOT. I don't think you were there at that meet Gary. Or I could be wrong? We all rode together during HGOI in 2005.

And yes, I still contend Buzz Lightyear at WDW is lame. Astro Blasters for the win! ;)

Melanie
03-08-2012, 12:20 AM
:rotfl: on the 15 second outtake you left in there at the end John!

Joannelet
03-08-2012, 07:01 AM
Melanie that HM you found is soooo cool! I am a hidden Mickey fanatic and find more every time I go!

BrerGnat
03-08-2012, 08:10 AM
And yes, I still contend Buzz Lightyear at WDW is lame. Astro Blasters for the win! ;)

Straight up!

I listened late last night. My personal opinion is that Ian probably got a LAME score on Disneyland Astro Blasters and he is bitter. :D

Melanie
03-08-2012, 08:15 AM
I listened late last night. My personal opinion is that Ian probably got a LAME score on Disneyland Astro Blasters and he is bitter. :D

HA! I bet you are right. ;) You at least got my circle, triangle, square talk, right Nat? Everyone, except Michael of course, seemed to think I was speaking alien speak. :D

BrerGnat
03-08-2012, 08:20 AM
HA! I bet you are right. ;) You at least got my circle, triangle, square talk, right Nat? Everyone, except Michael of course, seemed to think I was speaking alien speak. :D

But of course!

I'll have to take a picture of what inspired my suggestion of "Best Attraction Vehicle."

I feel famous now for all the mentions on the show. :blush:

darthmacho
03-08-2012, 08:48 AM
I listened to the podcast last night in work, and, as usual, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Also, thanks for the fifteen minutes of fame now that I've been mentioned for two episodes in a row. I feel like a real celebrity! :rocks:

In response to some burning questions, here are a few facts about Darth Macho:

My real name is Frederick, but most people call me Fred.
I'm obsessed with WDW. (duh)
I am an avid WDW planner, but I make my plans flexible.
I'm Italian-American, not Mexican.
When I say gravy, I'm talking about pasta sauce.
Darth refers to my life-long love for Star Wars and my allegiance to the Sith.
Macho refers to my all-time favorite pro wrestler, Randy "Macho Man' Savage.
I've stuck with my current avatar almost from the very start.
My favorite color is red because I prefer redheads, I love red wine, and I'm a Red Sox fan.
Ian was spot-on when he made the connection between the location of my favorite Hidden Mickey and my personality, because both are located on the same end of the horse.
I have to double-check every post and reply to make sure I don't violate the TOS with my usually foul language.
I also own the Walt Disney World Explorer CD-ROM, but it doesn't work anymore. :(
I'm a follower of Gary's Column on Facebook.
I'm going to WDW in 2012!

Here's a link to some pictures of me. One is a recent Facebook photo (the glasses are fake, btw, but the nose is real), and one is of my favorite Hidden Mickey.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa40/DarthMacho/Photoon2012-02-16at15023.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa40/DarthMacho/TerritoryLounge.jpg

Thanks again for the mentions! :sombrero:

dpamac
03-08-2012, 08:54 AM
The group pic you are thinking of John is from December 2003, which was the 5th anniversary of INTERCOT. I don't think you were there at that meet Gary. Or I could be wrong? We all rode together during HGOI in 2005. )

No, I wasn't there in 2003. I don't leave the house in December because I'm suspicious of candy canes.

dpamac
03-08-2012, 08:57 AM
I have to double-check every post and reply to make sure I don't violate the TOS with my usually foul language.

Hey, me too! I'm often shocked that it's always Ian getting edited and not me.

I love that one in Territory Lounge as well. I love Territory Lounge in general.

PopPhan
03-08-2012, 09:03 AM
No, I wasn't there in 2003. I don't leave the house in December because I'm suspicious of candy canes.

What? Are you an old Vaudeville actor, afraid of getting the 'hook'????? :D

dpamac
03-08-2012, 09:30 AM
What? Are you an old Vaudeville actor, afraid of getting the 'hook'????? :D

I am also suspicious of bunnies. What's with all the carrots? Why do they need such good vision? (Nerd alert.)

Melanie
03-08-2012, 09:33 AM
My real name is Frederick, but most people call me Fred.
I'm obsessed with WDW. (duh)
I am an avid WDW planner, but I make my plans flexible.
I'm Italian-American, not Mexican.
Darth refers to my life-long love for Star Wars and my allegiance to the Sith.
Macho refers to my all-time favorite pro wrestler, Randy "Macho Man' Savage.
I've stuck with my current avatar almost from the very start.
My favorite color is red because I prefer redheads, I love red wine, and I'm a Red Sox fan.
Ian was spot-on when he made the connection between the location of my favorite Hidden Mickey and my personality, because both are located on the same end of the horse.
I also own the Walt Disney World Explorer CD-ROM, but it doesn't work anymore. :(
I'm a follower of Gary's Column on Facebook.
I'm going to WDW in 2012!

Hi Fred! :wave: I think I'll continue to call you Darth though. ;)

This list is classic!

AgentC
03-08-2012, 10:02 AM
I am also suspicious of bunnies. What's with all the carrots? Why do they need such good vision? (Nerd alert.)

Any other holiday phobias we should be aware of? Leprechauns and St Patrick's day, perhaps :gold:? Or does the :beer: give that one a pass?

Jim&AngieMarriner
03-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Was finishing up the podcast while driving home and almost wrecked my truck I was laughing so hard. I dont know which one of you guys was doing the nerd voice talking about which episode was what, but it was hilarious. Reminded me of Star Trek fans, of which I am one. Well played Sir, well played. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
03-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Hi Fred! :wave: I think I'll continue to call you Darth though. ;)

This list is classic!

You'll always be Darth Macho to me.

Melanie
03-08-2012, 11:42 AM
I dont know which one of you guys was doing the nerd voice talking about which episode was what, but it was hilarious. Reminded me of Star Trek fans, of which I am one. Well played Sir, well played. :thumbsup:

That was Gary, and I'm sure it's no surprise he IS a Star Trek fan. Was going to say Trekkie, but can't remember if it was determined that Trekker was the actual correct nickname.

The six minute 'wrap up' - wow! We WERE very punchy and I was totally bossy. :blush: 11:30pm and some wine...there ya go. ;)

John
03-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Just for the record, I'm a Star Trek fan too along with BSG. Nerd-dom runs deep on the podcast...

We do broadcast from the basement of the science building as well.

Ian
03-08-2012, 12:02 PM
I listened late last night. My personal opinion is that Ian probably got a LAME score on Disneyland Astro Blasters and he is bitter. :DI'm not going to confirm anything, but I will just say this ... You may be on the right track. :blush:

Here's a link to some pictures of me.Man, was I off base with what I pictured! You look a lot more like Uncle June from the Sopranos than you do Pedro. ;)

Hey, me too! I'm often shocked that it's always Ian getting edited and not me.Well in fairness, you've been edited once or twice.

But truthfully, my mouth is the thing I dislike most about myself. I'm terrible and just so un-INTERCOT like.

Bad, Ian! Bad!! :nono:

dpamac
03-08-2012, 12:11 PM
In fairness I'd say most of us are pretty nerdy in one way or another.

Well in fairness, you've been edited once or twice.

All I've done is managed to derail the entire podcast within the first five minutes causing us to have to scrap it and start over. And, for the record, I didn't use any profanity in the process.

Ian
03-08-2012, 01:05 PM
All I've done is managed to derail the entire podcast within the first five minutes causing us to have to scrap it and start over.Oh, is that all? ;)

PopPhan
03-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Just for the record, I'm a Star Trek fan too along with BSG. Nerd-dom runs deep on the podcast...

We do broadcast from the basement of the science building as well.

Well, if you are a SciFi fan, then you should at least show some love for Henson related SciFi -- Dark Crystal, Farscape, etc.!! :D

dpamac
03-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Well, if you are a SciFi fan, then you should at least show some love for Henson related SciFi -- Dark Crystal, Farscape, etc.!! :D

John's not cool enough for Farscape. Though now I think I'll start incorporating frell into the podcast. Also Ben Browder is going to be on an episode of Doctor Who this year. You know, just to cross over on geekdom there.

diz_girl
03-09-2012, 12:30 AM

So say we all.

Thanks again guys for another great Podcast. Definitely missed Carol, I kept waiting to hear her voice. I laughed out loud at work again, but at least this time all of my co-workers were wearing headphones and couldn't hear me.

Ian had it right about the delicate genius - it's genius rather than flow.

Before anyone else picks it, my favorite ride vehicle is Dumbo. It's the cutest ride vehicle. Liberty Square Riverboat was a close second. And a delayed pick of my favorite hidden Mickey. It's the same as Jeff, the stones in the aquarium in the Seas, mainly because it's the only one that I've actually found.

Helly Hansen - there are two stand alone retail stores on the East Coast - a store in Annapolis, MD (not too far from you, John) and another in Newport, RI.

Loved WPST - growing up in Bucks County, PA, it was my favorite station in my teens and twenties.

Darth Macho as Pedro from South of the Border - hysterical - I wonder how many listeners didn't get the reference if they've never traveled I-95 by car through the Carolinas. Which brings me to living in the South. I'm now 3 miles east and 4 miles south of the Mason-Dixon line, and trust me, I am in the South.

John bringing his son on a cruise after graduation, rather than sending him to the shore, is a good move - it reminded me of my parents taking me & my sis to Hawaii after my graduation. It was memorable.

I was wondering who had the heavy breathing for a while until John mentioned Michael. While you mention that the Changing of the Balloons was a favorite Michael moment from the Podcasts, my favorite is his 'Real Wet' comment during his first Podcast appearance and the rednecks in cutoffs holding gardenhoses from Episode 19 that he made during the Dollywood Splash Country discussion. I break out into giggles even thinking about that comment.

Keep the Podcasts coming. They are always appreciated and enjoyed.

lwith58
03-09-2012, 09:02 AM
Great Podcast! :thumbsup:

Aside from the classics, my favorite ride vehicle is WDW’s Tower of Terror elevator cabs. The first time I rode this attraction I was not expecting the elevator cab to move across the building from one shaft to another. What an awesome detail in this attraction. I was a fan of Horizons’ ride vehicles too, the surround sound and interactivity and (similar to Peter Pan) the elevation changes.

I would absolutely go to the parks myself if I lived near them too. On our last trip to WDW I had an opportunity to spend an hour or so at MK by myself. When we go I almost end up in touring commando mode because I don’t want to miss any attractions and I don’t know when we’ll be back. It was really nice to spend that hour or so just relaxing and enjoying the atmosphere around Main Street and the hub. I would love to be able to go a couple times a year and love it even more if I could go when ever I wanted to.

Okay now I’m worried. We now have confirmation that Gary’s Cylon Army does in fact cover the country from coast to coast. Is Intercot’s Gary’s Cylon Army on the Facebooks too? By the way Gary did you upgrade your hardware? Your sound quality was excellent it sounded like you were right there next to me.

dpamac
03-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Okay now I’m worried. We now have confirmation that Gary’s Cylon Army does in fact cover the country from coast to coast. Is Intercot’s Gary’s Cylon Army on the Facebooks too? By the way Gary did you upgrade your hardware? Your sound quality was excellent it sounded like you were right there next to me.

The cylon army can't be on Facebook. Otherwise you'd know when they invade.

Okay, the sound quality. This is embarrassing...I turned my microphone around. Apparently, according to John who knows about broadcasting equipment, some mics have a good side and a bad side. I had been using the bad side. Who knew?

BrerGnat
03-09-2012, 03:03 PM
My favorite attraction vehicle is:

The Teacups! I have always thought it was SO cute to ride in a cup with saucer and I love how they are painted!

Dopey's Girl
03-09-2012, 03:26 PM
My favorite attraction vehicle is:

The Teacups! I have always thought it was SO cute to ride in a cup with saucer and I love how they are painted!

I agree. They are really stinking cute. I can't ride in them though (:sick:), so I just admire from afar!

lettripp
03-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Sooo my husband and I are trying to sit down and listen and the in-browzer player won't pop up and it won't download on itunes :pout: We need our dose of your awesome tangents!

Will reboot and try again!

Melanie
03-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Hope you got it to work? If not, in iTunes, right click and choose update.

Quadstriker
03-10-2012, 04:13 PM
You guys forgot to mention the most ridiculous aspect of 2015 in Back to the Future.

The Cubs ever having a team capable of winning the World Series.

Best Ride Vehicle: Indiana Jones Jeep at Disneyland. That thing makes you feel like you're right in the middle of an Indy movie.

BrerGnat
03-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Best Ride Vehicle: Indiana Jones Jeep at Disneyland. That thing makes you feel like you're right in the middle of an Indy movie.

Good one! :thumbsup:

Disney Hungarian
03-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Best ride vehicle: Universe of Energy.
The vehicles move very slowly and smoothly, the seats are not seperated and form a long bench. Perfect for getting comfy and snoring. :thumbsup:

Ian
03-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Best ride vehicle: Universe of Energy.
The vehicles move very slowly and smoothly, the seats are not seperated and form a long bench. Perfect for getting comfy and snoring. :thumbsup:Amen, bruthah!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

dpamac
03-10-2012, 10:42 PM

You guys and your "Oh I've been to Disnelyand and it's so cool and you just don't know what you're missing."

Melanie
03-11-2012, 08:03 AM
You guys and your "Oh I've been to Disnelyand and it's so cool and you just don't know what you're missing."

Well, they've got a point. ;)

BrerGnat
03-11-2012, 09:47 AM

Gary, you know, Disneyland is so cool! You just don't know what you're missing. :cool:

Quadstriker
03-11-2012, 01:06 PM

Did I ever tell you about the time I spent the night in the castle...

Ian
03-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Did I ever tell you about the time I spent the night in the castle...Well since you asked ...

I was just stepping off of Expedition Everest. It was a bright and sunny day ... warm, but not oppressively so as can sometimes be the case in Central Florida in April. I had just set foot on the platform when a Cast Member approached me and blah blah blah blah ..........................

Joannelet
03-11-2012, 02:33 PM
You guys are hilarious! Love listening to these!
I was thinking about how the number one complaint in WDW is to cut down wait times and how they started putting in interactive queues and in Disneyland these issues are basically non existent. Well not to stereotype too much but most of the people that frequent WDW are people like me...from NJ, NY, PA, etc that are the fast paced line haters of the world. We hate waiting...period. So of course that is going to be the number one complaint down there as opposed to Disneyland. The people that frequent that park are just layed back, go with the flow type. Sure there are street performers and performance distractions in both areas but how often do we frequenters stop and watch the entire thing? Most of the time we may consider it an annoyance like when Ian said they were in my way lol
In Disneyland I found myself watching that stuff more and not rushing my way through it all. That's probably because 1) I don't get to go there too often and 2) when I am in Disneyland it's not much as a rat race there (or mouse race) as much as it is in WDW.

Melanie
03-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Well since you asked ...

I was just stepping off of Expedition Everest. It was a bright and sunny day ... warm, but not oppressively so as can sometimes be the case in Central Florida in April. I had just set foot on the platform when a Cast Member approached me and blah blah blah blah ..........................

:bang:

Joannelet
03-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Here is my favorite hidden Mickey. In animal kingdom in dinoland the playground area has a drinking fountain. Under the fountain it looks like a large wet spot but it is actually a hidden mickey!

brownie
03-11-2012, 03:25 PM
I haven't gotten through the whole episode yet, but I agree with Ian when it comes to Buzz. I like the Disney World version better.

BrerGnat
03-11-2012, 06:21 PM
I haven't gotten through the whole episode yet, but I agree with Ian when it comes to Buzz. I like the Disney World version better.

Blasphemy!

:D

Melanie
03-11-2012, 08:18 PM

Okay, why? I seriously can't fathom how anyone could prefer SRS. Besides the detachable guns and different shaped targets worth different points (you know, variety), overall Astro Blasters is just sharper and spiffier looking. And you can't pose like Charlie's Angels on SRS. :D

Carol
03-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Favorite ride vehicle for me are the Caterpillars on Alice in Wonderland at Disneyland. Too cute! :hatter:

BrerGnat
03-12-2012, 08:28 AM
Favorite ride vehicle for me are the Caterpillars on Alice in Wonderland at Disneyland. Too cute! :hatter:

I almost picked that one!

I guess those would be my second favorite.

Quadstriker
03-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Guys, Buzz at WDW is horribad compared to Disneyland.

Reasons WDW Buzz is worse than Disneyland.
1. Attached guns
2. All targets are the same

Reasons WDW Buzz is better than Disneyland.
1. Um...
2. Err..

It's not even a close decision.

Urbss
03-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Favorite Ride Vehicles:

My wife Maria picked Toy Story Mania because they spin you, and they are interactive.

I kind of like the Buzz Light Year Space Ranger Spin for the same reasons (but with these you determine the spin - which is cool).

But, my 2 favorites are extinct. The 20,000 Leagues submaries were awesome although I still remember the 2+ hour wait in the hot July sun when I was nine years old (I didn't like that).

And my other would be the Skyway. That was a bit unnerving at times, but I really liked the view. I still love the pictures I got of the castle from the Skyway when we were on our honeymoon!!

lettripp
03-13-2012, 08:28 AM
I think my favorite ride vehicle has to be in Spaceship Earth. They are SO COMFY and move smoothly. That ride is relaxing.. and then on the way back down you can nap! :mickey:

Another great podcast!

(Side note - Cylon Gary recently inspired us to watch all of Battlestar Gallactica... so THANK YOU!!!)

dpamac
03-13-2012, 08:48 AM
(Side note - Cylon Gary recently inspired us to watch all of Battlestar Gallactica... so THANK YOU!!!)

So say we all!

John
03-13-2012, 09:15 AM
Sigh, I never get credit.

SO SAY WE ALL!

http://findicons.com/files/icons/1470/sci_fi_objects/32/colonial_viper.png

http://shipoflights.thomas7g.com/forums/icon/holy-smilie.gif

lettripp
03-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Thank you, too, John ;)

So say we all!

brownie
03-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Okay, why? I seriously can't fathom how anyone could prefer SRS. Besides the detachable guns and different shaped targets worth different points (you know, variety), overall Astro Blasters is just sharper and spiffier looking. And you can't pose like Charlie's Angels on SRS. :D

Without giving too many secrets away, on Space Ranger Spin I can just hold the trigger down for the duration of the ride and it's easier to aim when it's mounted (you're only moving the front of the gun as opposed to the front and the back.)

brownie
03-13-2012, 10:27 AM
My favorite ride vehicle is the Tower of Terror elevator car at Walt Disney World, followed closely by the Test Track ride vehicle. I'd love to have a street legal version.

JPL
03-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Just got a chance to listen and let me start by saying I HATE YOU ALL ;)

Glad to hear Little Red is finally being reunited with his Mother on the Jungle Cruise.

I never knew Ian stayed in the Castle maybe we should dedicate and entire show to it . Scratch that because it's not like Ian would have a lot to say about it :razz:

Septbride2002
03-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Late to the party... I've been visiting Gary's Column.

OMG - so glad I had to listen at home instead of at work because I laughed out loud - very loud- about Pedro and darthmacho! OMG! That is awesome! I love seeing pictures of people from the boards - they never look like what I picture.

Hey John - not sure if it is my phone (because it stinks) but the app times out on me. And then when I go back into it - it buffers for an eternity. Again it could be my phone - but I thought I would mention it.

Okay so I have been a member for 10+ years. Yikes. Didn't realize....

I like how Gary is cool for a midwest guy ;) Midwesterners are cool! Especially those of us from StL! Got a great laugh though of Gary's deadpan "I do live on your side of the Mississippi." :D

Mel - when we were there last week I noticed a couple mustaches. Only on men over the age of 40 and they only worked in the stores. I did not notice any beards except for 6 of the 7 dwarves.

~Amanda

Septbride2002
03-13-2012, 07:49 PM
So say we all!

What do you hear Starbuck?

lettripp
03-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Nothing but the rain!

Melanie
03-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Mel - when we were there last week I noticed a couple mustaches. Only on men over the age of 40 and they only worked in the stores. I did not notice any beards except for 6 of the 7 dwarves.

LOL! Okay, we are here at WDW this week for spring break, and this reminds me that I need to be on mustache watch tomorrow when we head to DHS. I'm going to tweet a little reminder to myself right now. :D

Septbride2002
03-13-2012, 08:38 PM
"Grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Quadstriker
03-14-2012, 12:59 AM
Midwesterners are cool! Especially those of us from StL!

Preach it.

lettripp
03-14-2012, 09:11 AM
LOL! Okay, we are here at WDW this week for spring break, and this reminds me that I need to be on mustache watch tomorrow when we head to DHS. I'm going to tweet a little reminder to myself right now. :D

My sisters are there for spring break this week too and are doing DS today! I should tell them to look out for mustaches!

NJGIRL
03-14-2012, 04:12 PM
"You changed the font on the menus" :silly: Plus the other 10 quotes I could post. Gary you are too funny. You could have your own comedy show.

Great show guys! :funny:

PirateLover
03-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the shout out, Ian. Could you explain to me again where you think the Hidden Mickey is? On a hand did you say? I can't find the book to give the exact description of what it said.

My favorite ride vehicle is Splash Mountain. Most "flume" type rides that I've been on, you've either been seated single file one behind the other (I believe the Disneyland version has that style) or it's a huge row. I like the double seating, and I like the carved wood style of the logs.

About the Wonders of Life Pavilion, I thought all the rides had been gutted? We got a chance to wander through for one last hurrah in 2005. It was pretty neat to see Cranium Command again, although it is quite dated. Body Wars was just awful though, way more herky-jerky than I remembered, and definitely worse than Star Tours was at that time. Many of the various stations in the main area were broken. It was pretty eerie to be in there because there were maybe 30 people tops, while the rest of the park was hustling and bustling. We got the tip to wander on over from our boat captain on Living with the Land... oh the memories of the way things were! haha;)

Melanie
03-14-2012, 11:14 PM
About the Wonders of Life Pavilion, I thought all the rides had been gutted? We got a chance to wander through for one last hurrah in 2005. It was pretty neat to see Cranium Command again, although it is quite dated. Body Wars was just awful though, way more herky-jerky than I remembered, and definitely worse than Star Tours was at that time. Many of the various stations in the main area were broken. It was pretty eerie to be in there because there were maybe 30 people tops, while the rest of the park was hustling and bustling. We got the tip to wander on over from our boat captain on Living with the Land... oh the memories of the way things were! haha;)

Yeah, it's gutted as far as I know. The center 'theaters' where Cranium Command and The Making of Me are now generic and able to adapt to whatever festival is going on.

We were just in there yesterday and I still enjoy just wandering around and remembering how it was.

Melanie
03-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Gary you are too funny. You could have your own comedy show.

Well, there is a certain column on Facebook that has a very similar sense of humor. ;)

Fangorn
03-14-2012, 11:41 PM
I finally got around to listening to the podcast. Yet another great show. Thanks to you all for all your efforts on these.

I have to chime in on the favorite ride vehicle of all time - the Flying Saucers at Disneyland!!!

They left DL in 1966, but a similar vehicle is making a reappearance at California Adventure in June in Carsland - Luigi's Flying Tires.

Think of riding (and controlling) a giant puck on an air hockey table.

Steve

Ian
03-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the shout out, Ian. Could you explain to me again where you think the Hidden Mickey is? On a hand did you say? I can't find the book to give the exact description of what it said.Okay when you come through the graveyard and you're going around that last bend to the left before you go into where the hitchhiking ghosts are you have to look to your right. There's a big crypt there with this creepy looking spirit in it. One of his hands is raised up in the air and he's holding a Mickey head in his hand.

PirateLover
03-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Okay when you come through the graveyard and you're going around that last bend to the left before you go into where the hitchhiking ghosts are you have to look to your right. There's a big crypt there with this creepy looking spirit in it. One of his hands is raised up in the air and he's holding a Mickey head in his hand.

That sounds like the one I'm looking for! Gracias amigo.

TinkerbellT421
03-15-2012, 12:11 PM
I'm starting to feel like noone likes me. I never get credit for anything lol.

I'm the one that talked about the Hidden Mickey Forest. :(

NJGIRL
03-15-2012, 03:47 PM
In response to some burning questions, here are a few facts about Darth Macho:

Enough said. I knew ther was a reason I liked you. :thumbsup:

NJGIRL
03-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Well, there is a certain column on Facebook that has a very similar sense of humor. ;)

I've been on there several times. Love it!

dpamac
03-15-2012, 08:42 PM
"You changed the font on the menus" :silly: Plus the other 10 quotes I could post. Gary you are too funny. You could have your own comedy show.

Great show guys! :funny:

I am very serious. Everything I say is earnest and true. It's the people that surround me who are insane.

Melanie
03-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Okay when you come through the graveyard and you're going around that last bend to the left before you go into where the hitchhiking ghosts are you have to look to your right. There's a big crypt there with this creepy looking spirit in it. One of his hands is raised up in the air and he's holding a Mickey head in his hand.

I like that one. You really have to turn all the way around to see it. Actually, Emily was the person who first showed me this one years ago. :thumbsup:

Melanie
03-15-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm starting to feel like noone likes me. I never get credit for anything lol.

I'm the one that talked about the Hidden Mickey Forest. :(

I'm so sorry! I'm thinking it was me who couldn't remember. Just remember it's usually 11pm when we are taping. My brain is gone. ;)

Starryice
03-16-2012, 12:04 AM

*cough* If only you had family close to the parks that would drive up and visit you while you were there.

If only, if only!

TinkerbellT421
03-16-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm so sorry! I'm thinking it was me who couldn't remember. Just remember it's usually 11pm when we are taping. My brain is gone. ;)

lol! I know I was just joking with you all ;) I loved towards the end of the podcast when you were complaining about John taking Ian on another cruise with him if it was offered and John said "Mel I'm married so your automatically out!" lol!! I can sympathize with that because if DBF told me he would be taking a woman, any woman other than me or his mom I'd pull out the Italian frying pan on him! lol

Ian
03-16-2012, 11:53 AM
lol! I know I was just joking with you all ;) I loved towards the end of the podcast when you were complaining about John taking Ian on another cruise with him if it was offered and John said "Mel I'm married so your automatically out!" lol!! I can sympathize with that because if DBF told me he would be taking a woman, any woman other than me or his mom I'd pull out the Italian frying pan on him! lolFor the record, John is not taking me on the Fantasy preview cruise.

Fortunately, this time he's able to take his actual wife and kids with him. :thumbsup:

dpamac
03-17-2012, 04:23 PM
For the record, John is not taking me on the Fantasy preview cruise.

Fortunately, this time he's able to take his actual wife and kids with him. :thumbsup:

That man has skewed priorities.

TinkerbellT421
03-19-2012, 12:09 PM
So I am listening to this one again, for the second time, they are absolutely entertaining and sometimes I find myself catching something I missed when I listened to it the first time. I listen while at work so when I get phone calls or someone buzzes my phone it interrupts the podcast and I end up missing somethings.

John sounded like he was in so much pain during the Ian "Did I ever tell you that time I stayed in the castle" bit. I literally was laughing out loud when John in this pain filled voice sounding exasperated said "can we just let it gooooooooo". :funny:

Sorry had to share that I found that absolutely hysterical. Ian you are so funny!

PopPhan
03-19-2012, 02:25 PM
That man has skewed priorities.

But, if they weren't skewed, he'd probably be skewered (by his wife and kids!)